British Speedway Forum

Ipswich have dropped him then?

Dont do that - Ive just spilt my cocoa!! ;)

Ipswich have dropped him then?

I don't know. As I recall Kim Nilsson came straight in to the side mid-season from Newport without doubling up and as far as I know , a re-declared 1-7 has not yet been published ( we don't yet know if it has formally been re-declared at this stage) . As last weeks Coventry meeting was cancelled I don't have a programme so I don't know how the team shapes up. You might well be right about him doubling up but pending any formal announcement we can't really say on what basis he is in the side. The Lakeside statement talks about him being in the side short-term initially so I suppose there are different permutations that could be worked out including the possibility that if Mear is still named as a d/u rider and there are fixture clashes with Rye House, Adam could I suppose be a PL guest for Mear and/or Richard Lawson. I don't suppose we'll know with for definite how the team shapes up until the new averages come out and the team is formally named for the next meeting, unless there is a formal statement on re-declaration in the meantime.

Edited by E I Addio

EL 11 was circulated to clubs and officials last week, I have no idea why it's not been made public, I have asked the question but to date I have had no reply.

According the the GSA's just published Rob Mear remains in the 1-7 as a d/u on a 4.09 and he will ride on Monday against Coventry but he will be riding for Rye House at Somerset on 7th June so Adam Ellis comes in as a guest to replace him. So that seems to answer SCB's query.

According the the GSA's just published Rob Mear remains in the 1-7 as a d/u on a 4.09 and he will ride on Monday against Coventry but he will be riding for Rye House at Somerset on 7th June so Adam Ellis comes in as a guest to replace him. So that seems to answer SCB's query.

Would having seb & mear put them over the point limit? Says they are 43.43 pt with new team

Edited by mdmc82

Would having seb & mear put them over the point limit? Says they are 43.43 pt with new team

I can't see how Lakeside can replace a 4.80 rider with one on a 7.10 average. I thought you could only do like for like and if you re-declare its to 42.5 team average?

Doh! Team average is ok from 1 June! My bad!

Edited by Steve0

I can't see how Lakeside can replace a 4.80 rider with one on a 7.10 average. I thought you could only do like for like and if you re-declare its to 42.5 team average?

Thats what i thought as they are over limit. Can anybody explain?

You're looking at last months averages. This month it fits.

Convenient that Lakeside needed a 3 pointer for a meeting while their averages changed and brought in a rider who wasn't eligible so the meeting got rained off. Didnt do a BV/Poole did they? :o

Also, surely Mear rides for Lakeside when there is a clash as his EL fixtures few sorted before his PL fixture? Or is the Brum/Doyle rule only used for Birmingham in the same way last year Brum got their own way and had it so Ben Barker (initially at least) missed on PL meetings?

Edited by SCB

Yes. Lakeside cheating again.

But Rob Mear was replaced by Adam Ellis so that Seb fitted into the team. Therefore they can't now bring Rob back as his average is higher than Adams so they have got to redeclare totally which puts them over the limit whether on May's or June's averages. (43.43 according to Figures just released)

Edited by Silver Cheetah Snr

Convenient that Lakeside needed a 3 pointer for a meeting while their averages changed and brought in a rider who wasn't eligible so the meeting got rained off. Didnt do a BV/Poole did they? :o

Also, surely Mear rides for Lakeside when there is a clash as his EL fixtures few sorted before his PL fixture? Or is the Brum/Doyle rule only used for Birmingham in the same way last year Brum got their own way and had it so Ben Barker (initially at least) missed on PL meetings?

Not looking at last months, looking at averages released today (effective from 1st june)

He does not fit as makes redeclared team limit 43.43

Not looking at last months, looking at averages released today (effective from 1st june)

He does not fit as makes redeclared team limit 43.43

42.28 according to column B (from 1June) of issue 13

Very convenient and the whole thing stinks yet again, its clear issue 11 would answer a lot of questions and the BSPA have deemed it fit not to issue that set for public consumption.
  • Like 1

I see now the Panthers season is over as their team is so bad that BCD has started moaning about Lakeside again.

:t::rofl::D

1. Unlike Belle Vue, Poole and Peterboro, Lakeside have got the Met Office to back up their postponement of the Coventry match unless you can point to any met report that suggests it was not tipping it down last Friday and the day before.

2. No reason why Rob should not be riding when there is no clash with Rye House fixtures. Don't forget Richard Lawson is also a d/u and he will have some fixture clashes when Adam will cover. Perfectly within the rules for a PL guest to cover for an absent d/ u rider.