British Speedway Forum

And what is happening to the training track

Not sure if its completely finished but it seems to be more or or less ready. I did hear that Jon Cook took a bike up there and did a few laps recently. I guess the training school should be up there by next season.

They're trying to get some old air fence sections for the corners , as these need to be removable for parking. At least that's what Jon told me at Lee's meeting. So hopefully soon.

well for me not Bridger, to much showboating and rubbish away from Eastbourne

Beat 3 Gp riders round arena!

• Like 1

I could see Kennett at Lakeside next season. His average has dropped significantly this season. So ideal for a 3rd heatleader role which from the JC Press Release would suggest is the Hammers prefered way to go. With Davey Watt , and PK already on board a 42 average and Kennett could be an option.

I could see Kennett at Lakeside next season. His average has dropped significantly this season. So ideal for a 3rd heatleader role which from the JC Press Release would suggest is the Hammers prefered way to go. With Davey Watt , and PK already on board a 42 average and Kennett could be an option.

They could fit Kennett in even on a 41 point average and still include Mear, Sedgmen, Nilsson and Worrall. Stuart Douglas likes Ed and he would fit in personality wise but as I said in a previous post I think the problem would be Dave Kennett who seems to be a thoroughly obnoxious individual who seems unlikely to have a positive effect on team spirit. There would have to be a lot of kissing and making up to do before Kennett senior came back in the pits even though Ed himself would probably be accepted by the crowd after a couple of meetings despite the silencer issue.

I think there are probably a few names on the list ahead of Ed though. I just hope its not Bjarne.

Bridger or Kennett?

Thanks, but no thanks.

One is a Chav, and the other a Cheat. Don't know too much about what influence Dave Kennett has but clearly Custer Mouse knows enough about this bloke - he sounds one nasty little individual.

Don't get too carried away by Bridger's performance in Rico's meeting. After all, hasn't Nicholls looked the real deal at our track, until it comes to pulling on a HAMMERS race jacket?

The bottom line is that both of these riders suffer from inconsistency. That's bad enough in the lower orders of a team. You can't afford inconsistency with a heat leader, well not if you are serious about beating that mob from Dorset, and not to mention picking up those often elusive away points. Add to this the fact Watty has ongoing kidney problems. Don't want to tempt fate but don't these have a history of recurring?

With a couple of our other riders being a risk, well in my book anyway, I think that bringing in either of these two riders into a heat leader role would be a big mistake.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Bridger has just retired from racing as he has joined Lakeside and you don't need me to remind you about their track...

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Racing

Understand what you mean but he is a seriously brilliant but wasted talent of a rider. He ran before he could crawl

I agree he does have alot of talent but has just made alot of wrong choices in his short career. Not good news for British Speedway though a riser retiring due to costs.

Lots of riders have been riding in 2 leagues this season

Adam Roynon has been riding in all 3 leagues all year!

Even in Sweden, he would have been allowed to double up in the Allsvenskan (which A J has done all year)

But a young talented British rider in the EL threatens to call it a day because he can't get enough rides?

Crazy - no wonder the GB team is rubbish at the moment.

• Like 2

Credit to him for jumping in the deep end way too soon a few years ago.

Whatever you think of him he's not a bad rider at times

Would hate to see a young English rider lost to the sport when a million foreigners double up in our leagues.

• Like 6

Credit to him for jumping in the deep end way too soon a few years ago.

Whatever you think of him he's not a bad rider at times

Would hate to see a young English rider lost to the sport when a million foreigners double up in our leagues.

True

Looks like he is already planning his new career - he's studying to get his Bouncers License, to become a Licensed Door Operative at some of the Bars/Clubs in Brighton (according to Speedway Star).

Put aside the fact it's Lewis Bridger, instead look at it as 22 year old British 7 point EL rider. Really isn't good is it? Any Brit should be allowed to double up.