British Speedway Forum

Josh Auty 8.09

Thomas Jorgensen 6.42

Ashley Birks 5.59

Michael P Toft 5.21

David Howe 7.89

Stefan Neilsen or Tom Young 3.00

Maybe Gary Irivng at reserve aswell as Palm Toft would soon be out of resereve if we had him so Gary would be good choice.Although maybe a rider who is a 3nd stringer ie.Sanchez,Skidmore (who got 10 points from his last guest for us).

Second attempt at a team

Josh Auty 8.09

David Howe 7.89

Mikkel Michelsen 7.00/Jonas B andersen 7.00/Sam masters 7.43

Thomas Jorgensen 6.42

Michael Palm Toft 5.21

Tom Young/Stefan Nielsen/Adam Ellis 3.0

That leaves the final place at 4.89 if one of the 7pt riders or 4.46 if masters

4.89 allows wilko 4.66 or Tabaka 4.75(if edinburgh dont run)

4.46 allows Heeps 4.40

Now explanations

I know i dont have Ash in the team but i have a feeling he might be at sheffield again next season and he will always want to ride there being his home town club

I have adam ellis in the list as possibly we could do a swap loan deal with lakeside so we still have richie as and assest but we offset loan costs

Cameron heeps again could be similar with swap loan deals if stefan rides for Ipswich next season

The number 3 spot could be the critical one. Michelsen would probably meet his average straight away potentially giving 4 heat leaders. Jonas B andersen would probably follow a similar pattern to thomas and would be an investement for the future. Masters would instantly give us the 4 heatleaders

I dont disagree with this team bullet, but my reckoning is we need a min of 3 brits in the team. without Ive lost interest straight away!

• Like 1

I have David and josh then the 3 point reserve as british riders. Thomas and tofty are our lads anyway so brits our not so I'm sure you would still support them

Scunthorpe Promoter Rob Godfrey is one of our Live Guests on tonight's BIKERfm Speedway Show so tune in Scunny Fans to hear all his plans for 2013 and his high's and low's of 2012.

• Like 1

Announced in Ipswich this morning that we have signed Ben Barker and Adam Ellis so it looks like Stefan Nielsen at 7 for you guys.

Announced in Ipswich this morning that we have signed Ben Barker and Adam Ellis so it looks like Stefan Nielsen at 7 for you guys.

I'd like to see it happen but i'm still not sure it will.

Stefan's future is still up in the air it seems.

I would expect most of the Scorpions team to be named soon after the AGM next weekend.

Edited by EC Rides Again

Stefan's future is still up in the air it seems.

I would expect most of the Scorpions team to be named soon after the AGM next weekend.

Certainly looks like with the announcement coming out of Ipswich today that Scunthorpe look favourites to give Stefan a team place next season.

Another attempt now riders have started being announced by other teams.

With rob saying he wants to keep the core with maybe only 1 or 2 changes

Team 1

Howe

Auty

Birks

Toft

Jorgensen

Irving

Armstrong

(unlike some i think Tom could be a good rider depending on how he does down under this winter)

This team only has 1 change but is reliant on tom getting back to full mental fitness

Team 2

Auty

Howe

Toft

Birks

Jorgensen

Nielsen

Skidmore

If stefan can make the step up and get near garys 4pt average then its basically the same team but Skid for Morris.

I think Skid can up his average as he seemed to have a lot of mechanical issues early in the season and always give 100% and know he can ride EWR well.

If stefan can make the step up and get near garys 4pt average then its basically the same team but Skid for Morris.

He was achieving more than a 4 pt average (from his guest performances in the PL) until the final month of the season when he was carrying a neck/shoulder injury, and his scores nosedived.

Another attempt now riders have started being announced by other teams.

With rob saying he wants to keep the core with maybe only 1 or 2 changes

Team 1

Howe

Auty

Birks

Toft

Jorgensen

Irving

Armstrong

(unlike some i think Tom could be a good rider depending on how he does down under this winter)

This team only has 1 change but is reliant on tom getting back to full mental fitness

Team 2

Auty

Howe

Toft

Birks

Jorgensen

Nielsen

Skidmore

I think Skid can up his average as he seemed to have a lot of mechanical issues early in the season and always give 100% and know he can ride EWR well.

In this weeks Local paper ( Telegraph ) Mr Godfrey said he has a team planned and would announce it 2 days after the AGM....nought to stop us all from guessing though!"

It is all speculation but if Rob only wants 1 or 2 changes and he knows of Ash's personal reasons of not riding in 2013the team could be somewhere near

Auty 8.09

Howe 7.89

Masters 7.43 /Michelsen 7.00

Jorgensen 6.42

Toft 5.21

Irving 4.00

Young/Nielsen 3.00

I am certainly hopeful of 1st, 2nd or 3rd with the the top 5 but minimising lasts has been the way to go this last season. 1 or 2 changes is what Rob & myself was hoping for as the nucleus of the 2012 is there but we will see who is available after the AGM. To sign for the 2012 PL Champions must be a good selling point.