British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Referee Just Bottled Semi Decision

Ref didn't 'bottle' anything.

It was a 50/50 decision that went Holders way.

• Like 1

I can't understand how so many people seem have access to the pits. Fair enough I accept that many are at the event by invitation from a rider or sponsor etc; but these days it seems too easy to hang around in the pits.

I know of someone at Cardiff who decided to move from his seat to spend part of the meeting in the pits and managed to do it quite easily and without being challenged by anyone!

just watched it frame by frame , holder lifts and pedersen is 2 foot away from him , holder runs into pedersen and knocks him off , clear cut exclusion

yes butthat was after at entry to bend nicki had squeezed chris on to line, (his right to do so and not dirty) so causing the bunching, ref decided 1st bend bunching, correct decision, and dont give me the throttle works both ways as anyone knows if chris had throttled off the bike would have straightened up anyway. felt for nicki you could see he wanted it but knew he had to try and stop chris as nicki just didnt have the speed all night, as was shown after each of his races he was saying to his pit crew, a great gp season ups and downs for all and a last gasp title decider.

• Like 1

people will never agree on this but putting the semi final to one side if bjarne pedersen and hans andersen passed nicki like they both should of in the earlier heat nicki would of not got to the semi they both were faster and just followed him

Why didn't Holder pass the riders in front of him when he was being third then?

yes butthat was after at entry to bend nicki had squeezed chris on to line, (his right to do so and not dirty) so causing the bunching, ref decided 1st bend bunching, correct decision, and dont give me the throttle works both ways as anyone knows if chris had throttled off the bike would have straightened up anyway. felt for nicki you could see he wanted it but knew he had to try and stop chris as nicki just didnt have the speed all night, as was shown after each of his races he was saying to his pit crew, a great gp season ups and downs for all and a last gasp title decider.

First bend bunching is not riding into someone twice while being out of control.

If you start at red gate and miss the start, you will have to accept that if the rider at blue gate make a better start he/she will be ahead of you at the first bend

and that you cannot ride through him. Nicki blocked Chris at the corner since its Nicki's fully right to do so. That doesn't that Holder should be allowed to knock Nicki off.

Holder had the choice to ease off the throttle a bit but didn't and it should have resulted in an exclusion.

Blimey Steve O! Fair play to you! I expected you to side on the numpties that are too jaded and bitter to see what Pedersen actually did!

An argument from the BFD school of posting.,.. I don't agree with other people's opinions, so I will insult them.

if nicki had fallen at the first point of contact i would of said all 4 back or even nicki to a dive but he didnt ,they touched and then were 2 foot apart when holder lifted and run into the side of pedersen causing him to fall

on another note last night proved when done right speedway is the greatest sport on the planet

Shame really because I feel Chris is a worthy winner of the title but it was tainted by an awful ref desision and thugs on the track.

I don't think Chris was pulling their strings .............

Yes it was ... the throttle goes both ways, he knew if he had let Nicki lead him the title was gone. Lindback was gonna ride round them both coming off turn 2 .. Holder would have finished 3rd and not made the Final. No blinkers here, just sticking to the FACTS :approve:

I hate that saying ever since I first heard it from an ACU official who had never sat on a bike in his life. It's crap when applied to most motorcycle racing and hardly applies to Speedway at all. If Holder had shut off everybody would have been down.

I already said that I first thought Holder should have been excluded and seeing it again I still think he could have been but all 4 back was also a fair decision in the circumstances. In my opinion it was nowhere near clear cut and obvious who was at fault. The only reason to exclude Holder would have been that onto the run into the corner he could have predicted what was about to happen and the more I have seen it the more I tend to think my first opinion was wrong and the ref right.

• Like 1

An argument from the BFD school of posting.,.. I don't agree with other people's opinions, so I will insult them.

But I am agreeing with other people's opinions for example Steve O & screamer. As for insulting them I'm doing no different to what those who are on the other side of the fence are doing!

As for saying I'm from the BFD school of posting! I post my own opinions thank you very much! I do not follow suit so get over yourself!

The first bend tussle had a feeling on inevitability about it.

Pedersen's best bet for winning the world title was if Holder didn't make it to the final, I think that may have entered into the equation.

• Like 1

Taken from Chris Holders OWN website ....

"Both Holder and Pedersen were up against each other in the second semi-final, and in a tight first bend, the Dane fell after being nudged off his bike by the Australian"

So I guess that end all the arguments .... Holder SHOULD have been excluded :approve:

• Like 2

Strange, but all these posts on this thread are so predictable. There are those fans that see it as it happened, and there are the others that can never have anything said against Holder for whatever he does.

For my tu’pennies worth, I thought Holder was very fortunate not to be excluded. After picking gate one, he will always get clamped on the line if, he was slow out, irregardless of who is next to him. Having Pederson next to him it was foreseen what would happen. Had Holder have picked gates 3 or 4 he would have had a better chance if he had missed the gate. He only needed a top two finish and his bike was well quick.

The race: Pederson had the jump way before the corner, and Holder could and should have eased up, but no, he was aware of what he did and should have been excluded.

The Ref: bottled it. He made the decision thinking that he was deciding the world championship. But No-Way would Pederson have won the next two races. He just wasn’t quick enough. So because of the inability of the Referee we have loads of pages arguing (discussions) about nothing.

At the end of it all, Chris Holder was rightfully crowned World Champion, not just for last night, but also for consistently performing better then the rest, all year.

So may I offer my congratulations to Chris Holder, a deserved World Champion.

• Like 1

I thought Pedersen's actions after the first running of the 2nd semi final were a bit unnecessary but I guess he had to use every avenue open to him.

That said it made good TV.

The best man one in the end that's what mattered.

Although the GP's wouldn't be the same without Nicki Pedersen he makes good TV.

I thought Pedersen's actions after the first running of the 2nd semi final were a bit unnecessary but I guess he had to use every avenue open to him.

That said it made good TV.

The best man one in the end that's what mattered.

Although the GP's wouldn't be the same without Nicki Pedersen he makes good TV.

A good transvestite ???

I don't like him but that's a bit harsh !