British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
high edge

Buxton V Kings Lynn

This is a must win meeting for us,and i hope the long gap we have had between home meetings wont be a problem.I will be getting the boys wound up before the match,and we will be going for it.p s congrats to Chris Holder on his World Championship win.

Edited by rider slider

Whats the weather doing in buxton today, is there any fog about.

Weather looks great up there with no fog. Good webcams at the Cat and Fiddle, and Flash Stores show ideal conditions(except the temperature!!)

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

hope you did get an updater Sue as at Mildenhall and want to see how Martin Knuckey gets on for Kings Lynn .

Not got one yet Main man I am afraid.

Main man, Martin got as far as the 4th bend and then he was involved in a crash with another rider. Sadly, he had a trip in the county ambulance to end his day. Hope he has a speedy and full recovery from his injury and will be back on a bike by the start of next season.

Congrats to the other 11 riders for getting on with the rest of the meeting in quick time without any messing about as we lost well over an hour as Martin was treated then transferred. Well done to the fans for sticking with it, they were rewarded for their patience with some quality racing when we got started again.

Thanks Neil --got a text off Martin's mum to let me know about the crash. The bike and Marty took a battering from what Dale Allitt told me when he called. Broken arm as far as I have been told but he was lucky to get away with just that --can't believe I have tried to get him a NL ride all year and when I do this happens.

The lad (and his dad and Ray Purvis) have travelled far and wide from their Cornish base to get Marty rides and he deserves to succeed ...get well soon mate!!

hope you did get an updater Sue as at Mildenhall and want to see how Martin Knuckey gets on for Kings Lynn .

Laurence,

Martin went straight on exiting bend 3/4 and took Chris into the fence. Martin went through the fence and had to be treated for a suspected broken arm. We had to wait for the County ambulance to arrive and the transfer took a long time to complete. I hope that he recovers from his injuries quite quickly.

Once racing resumed, the riders got on with the meeting and it was completed in quick time.

Lots of accidents this year at this level of racing, and the next level down.

Edited by Great Central

Has anyone one got the riders points for the meeting thanks. :)

BUXTON 56

T Atkin 2* 2 2 2 3 2 = 14 +1

R Branford R/R

L Priest 0 2* 1* 1* 2 = 6 +3

D Felton 3 1 3 2 2 = 10

A McKinna 3 1* 2* 3 2* = 11 +3

C Widman 3 3 2* 1* 1* = 10 +3

R Blacklock 2* 1 1* 1 = 5 +1

King's Lynn 37

O Greenwood F 1 0 0 = 1

A Lowe R/R

J Knight 2* 1 3 R 3 = 9 +1

T Stokes 1 3 0^ 3 3 0 = 10

L Kerr 2 3 6^ 1 1 3 = 16

S Woods 1 0 0 F 0 R = 1

M Knuckey Ex = 0

Edited by STARRGAZER1

Thanks Martin ...had text off his mum this morning that he is Macclesfield Hospital awaiting an op to pin his broken bones in the arm.

Thanks Martin ...had text off his mum this morning that he is Macclesfield Hospital awaiting an op to pin his broken bones in the arm.

Thanks for the news. It could have been a lot worse since he went through the fence very hard.

Some lovely photos on Conkers website - looking through them there were a couple of near misses.

Edited by Great Central

Can anyone provide heat results?