British Speedway Forum

Are you serious? - Richie is listed as 5 and a bit but was averaging over 8 before his injury. He was hitting 7 in the EL!

Similarly Steve but to a lesser extent.

Sorry I misunderstood your original post. I thought you meant the whole team were on false averages, I must learn to read properly before replying.

• Like 1

Just a quick team I have put together, don't think it is the greatest!!!

1. Patrick Hougaard (8.30)

2. Claes Nedermark (6.20)

3. Christian Henry/Ludvig Lindgren (6.84) or Lasse Bjerre (7.31)

4. Ritchie Worrall (5.64)

5. Stuart Robson (7.66)

6. Jason King (3.44)

7. Steven Worrall (3.93)

Team Manager - Mark Lemon

Team Total: 42.01 (0.49 under limit, if I have doe my sums correctly)

Edited by diamond@heart

5. Stuart Robson (7.66)

6. Jason King (3.44)

7. Steven Worrall (3.93)

swap lindgren for hougaard and the team will do for me.

5. Stuart Robson (7.66)

6. Jason King (3.44)

7. Steven Worrall (3.93)

looks good,,, and am sure George will been over the moon aswell, lol

looks good,,, and am sure George will been over the moon aswell, lol

About as much as Mark Lemon will be seen as I have retired him from racing!!! Lol George could be technical advisor!!! ;-)

I had fears and still have that we may not be continuing in 2013. Looking at the feedback from BSPA AGM Newcastle are on the list of PL teams for next year. I hope nothing goes wrong with that. Our promoters may have lost money in 2012 despite our table topping side and you have to wonder how they want to keep going after making a loss but George is foremost a Newcastle Diamonds fan as well as our promoter and team manager and Darryl has lost money over the years he has been the owner. Both guys deserve much praise for keeping us going. George has been involved in our longest ever unbroken run, since 1997 thats 17 years a record for Newcastle Speedway.

It will be great to hear from them with signings etc and we can all help by persuading people we know to come along and support the team from the off in March 2013

I note Scunthorpe named their 7 riders last night and they didn't include the twins so hopefully the Worrals will be back in 2013

• Like 1

I don't know why you fear we won't be running. There has never been any suggestion from the Promotion that we wont be at the tapes in March. Every track is struggling, it's the finanical climate but I'm sure they'll survive. Good to see we are also hosting a Test Match next year and again we would hardly commit to that if we had any doubts about running.

Interesting to see the Scunthorpe side; and it looks a decent one again. Not surprised that neither Worrall is in it as neither seemed to suggest they would be returning to Scunthorpe. Newcastle also seem to have a very good relationship with Scunny so hopefully both Steve & Richie will be back with us next year.

• Like 1

I had fears and still have that we may not be continuing in 2013. Looking at the feedback from BSPA AGM Newcastle are on the list of PL teams for next year. I hope nothing goes wrong with that. Our promoters may have lost money in 2012 despite our table topping side and you have to wonder how they want to keep going after making a loss but George is foremost a Newcastle Diamonds fan as well as our promoter and team manager and Darryl has lost money over the years he has been the owner. Both guys deserve much praise for keeping us going. George has been involved in our longest ever unbroken run, since 1997 thats 17 years a record for Newcastle Speedway.

It will be great to hear from them with signings etc and we can all help by persuading people we know to come along and support the team from the off in March 2013

I note Scunthorpe named their 7 riders last night and they didn't include the twins so hopefully the Worrals will be back in 2013

I would imagine you don't have anything to worry about running next season. On our Unofficial Comets forum from promotion that our season opener is against Newcastle in the Ian Thomas Shield held over two legs at Worky on Sat 30th with return leg at Newcastle on Sunday 31st March :t: . Two free buses running from each club for supporters too . See you in March :wink:

Edited by davidj

Interesting to see the Scunthorpe side; and it looks a decent one again. Not surprised that neither Worrall is in it as neither seemed to suggest they would be returning to Scunthorpe.

We just giving you a chance of the league!!! :wink: :wink: :t:

DONT FORGET THE 2 FREE BUSES OVER TO DERWENT PARK FOR THE OPENING MEETING OF BOTH OUR SEASONS.

Good Post dantodan. :approve: :approve:

I don't know Darryl but George has ALWAYS been a Supporter of Speedway. He is also a cracking Team Manager in my view. :approve: :approve:

Hope you are right about the Worrals. :approve:

No need for everyone to worry anymore, posted today of SBG, that Scunthrope to Face Newcastle early next season for premier shield with dates already agreed!

Now lets find out the first signing... :)

No need for everyone to worry anymore, posted today of SBG, that Scunthrope to Face Newcastle early next season for premier shield with dates already agreed!

Now lets find out the first signing... :)

great news and Workington v Newcastle over two legs in March has also been mentioned. My worries have been replaced by ecstacy!

I would be amazed if any of our 2012 riders will want to be away. I expect the Worrals, Robbo, Claes, Christian and Ludvig to sign up shortly. I really don't know about Lemo. In odd races he was brilliant but maybe his last race has already been run and he will go full time as Aussie Team manager.

if we need a 3 pointer Paul Starke fits the bill he did nothing wrong for us in 2012

My prediction for 2013 if we have the Worrals is that Steve will impress