British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

The Heathens V Stoke Po Semi Final 1st Leg

Well following on from the Ko Cup Ommering we got at Mildenhall, The Heathens have to get back on track at Monmore Wood tonight, and we have it all to do to take a decent lead up to the Potteries for tomorrows second leg. I am expecting us to build a lead of around 15 or so points, would like to hear everyones thoughts on how it will pan out, rather than harping back to Sundays loss.

Edited by greyhoundp

I'm heading down for this, and I think anything less than a 20 point loss will be a success!

Well weather wise it shouldnt be a problem Vog, been Sunny but Bl**dy cold all day Vog, safe journey mate, but wrap up well if you intend to be outside.

Wow didn't see that coming! Dudley look to have thrown lots of points away according to the updates, but if you don't finish you don't score!

Certainly not over as Dudley are more than capable of winning at Stoke, but they look like they need to regroup quickly. A real pity for them that Adam Roynon wasn't fit to return.

Congratulations to my old mate Malcolm Vasey and his team for keeping it to one point.

Edited by PhilK
  • Like 1

Well done to Lee at reserve for the Potter gunna be a good a great rider next season.

I'm heading down for this, and I think anything less than a 20 point loss will be a success!

Someones gonna be a happy chappy. haha

• Like 1

Wow didn't see that coming! Dudley look to have thrown lots of points away according to the updates, but if you don't finish you don't score!

Certainly not over as Dudley are more than capable of winning at Stoke, but they look like they need to regroup quickly. A real pity for them that Adam Roynon wasn't fit to return.

Congratulations to my old mate Malcolm Vasey and his team for keeping it to one point.

And set up perfect for the 2nd leg,,,, could be a great night,,,and folk say there is no place for the play off,,,,,,,,this could be so good

• Like 1

As I said in another cyber space........Won the League and donated the rest to Mildy or Stoke just like we did to Buxton in 2010.

Waste of a 2012 Season Ticket and do the Management really care?

Does it really matter in 2013 as we have not got the nights to make a go of it in any league?

Well, it was unexpected if not entirely surprising, this is the problem when using RR, all the remaining riders have to be on it, and that combined with falls and ef,s meant Stoke held the deficit to just the 1 point, Stoke were admireably led by Ashley Birks, with good support from James Cockle, Ben Reade, Tony Aitkin, and a most impressive, surprising, and i would admit unexpected 7 points from Lee Geary, well done to the lad, staying on the bike is half the battle. For the Heathens we were basically a 3 man Team led superbly by Tom Perry, and supported to varying degrees by Ashley Morris and Darryll Ritchings, though both of them had EF,s when in winning positions, ashes was at the gate, but it was his easiest programmed race, Joe was slightly disapointing at No1 six points aint good enough, Dan Greenwood had a night he will want to forget, whilst JWW was shall we say JWW. Well done to Stoke, and they should be able to finish the job off in the return leg, especially if The Heathens have to use RR, and JWW is unable to ride.

Berniev, s various comments; i dont agree with the waste of a season ticket comment, or where he is coming from with the "Do the management really care" thingy ??, and as for the "We havent got the nights to make a go of it in any League" statement then thats news for many of us, maybe he cares to explain his/her thoughts on what was posted.

Yes we do seem to have imploded at the death, but that was partly due to injuries again at the wrong time, and Adams loss cant be underestimated, not just from his points scoring perspective, but the Captains role he does so well for us.No It aint over until The Fat lady sings, but she has certainly cleared her throat over the last Two meetings.

unexpected 7 points from Lee Geary, well done to the lad, staying on the bike is half the battle.

Having said that almost every point was gifted

What I can`t understand is we have scored 60+ against the IOW three times this year yet chose Stoke .

• Like 1

Having said that almost every point was gifted

What I can`t understand is we have scored 60+ against the IOW three times this year yet chose Stoke .

Mate; 95% of the fans were amazed by the choice of Stoke over IOW, what the managements thinking behind it was, i cant fathom out, for me IOW was the easier of the Teams, which would have left Mildenhall, with a tougher Team to beat in having Stoke, instead we choose the Tougher fixture, leaving Mildenhall the easier one.

can stoke (who probably are 5th in the 8 team league) go on to win the title

Hopefully, if they get through in the 2nd leg, they CAN win the Play Offs,this will then show the Play Offs for what they are a FALSE ending to a seasons racing, and i mean that with No dis respect to Stoke.

tbf (which the P/Os are consistently being shown they are NOT), Stoke topped the table last season and missed out on the Final so for them it would be something approaching karma...

Mate; 95% of the fans were amazed by the choice of Stoke over IOW, what the managements thinking behind it was, i cant fathom out, for me IOW was the easier of the Teams, which would have left Mildenhall, with a tougher Team to beat in having Stoke, instead we choose the Tougher fixture, leaving Mildenhall the easier one.

I would respectfully suggest geography played a part in the choice. Also remember Dudley topped the division and were a countrymile ahead of the third placed team, so any choice other than Mildenhall should have been no problem. Stoke finished their actual league campaign in poor form too so I doubt many would've seen this coming...