British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Grand Prix Speedway In Finland 2014-2016

Can anyone shed any light on the Friday night at this Gp?

Ticketmaster in Finland are selling VIP tickets that get you into a music concert in the race village as part of its Gp package but there's no other info anywhere about this that I can find....

NICOLA Sands at BSI says she will enquire and get back to me asap

Can you please tell her to get back to me as well... :lol:

To CG, you should/could ask questions on their Facebook site at https://www.facebook.com/finnishgp. The promoters themselves update it time to time.

To anyone intrested, I cannot see a friday night or sunday noon speedway meeting being held that weekend in Finland. Hyvinkää would have been perfect for a noon sunday meeting for everyone, but they are working in the GP and I was told last night it's a no go. Other tracks (geographically not so good), just cant see it happening...

Edited by f-s-p

When I booked my flights to Tampere from Stansted (Friday 16th) the departure was 8am. Now according to Ryanair's website it is 5pm but I haven't received any notification from them. Has anyone else noticed this?

When I booked my flights to Tampere from Stansted (Friday 16th) the departure was 8am. Now according to Ryanair's website it is 5pm but I haven't received any notification from them. Has anyone else noticed this?

What they should do is send you an email notifying you officially of the time change-you can then cancel and get your money back if this isn`t agreeable.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-happens-if-my-flight-is-schedule-changed-by-ryanair

Edited by racers and royals

I noticed this a few weeks ago and asked Ryanair why they had failed to notify me. They did not directly answer my question but said I was entitled to my money back which I knew anyway. I use Ryanair a lot for Speedway trips but frankly trying to communicate with them over anything is usually a complete waste of time in my experience.

Thank you for your replies. Yes we use Ryanair a lot, mainly for Poland, and they do usually inform you by e-mail but not this time. I also looked for the "Contact Us" section but that doesn't look very helpful. I only checked it as we need to arrange transport to Stansted so it was lucky I hadn't bought train tickets or booked a stopover. The new time will be okay but we had hoped for a few more hours in Tampere and sometimes go to the practice as well. Ryanair are supposed to be coming more customer friendly but they think "you can have your money back" covers them.

A Finnish GP has been postulated for just about as long as the SGP has been running, so one can only assume the asking price has come down given that it's happening.now. I suppose a GP can potentially give the sport a bit of a push in the smaller nations, although it seems to vary from country-to-country.

The somewhat recent review on Gary Havelocks World title back in the day in Spar stated that Finland indeed was one of the suggested countries to host GP's early on. Attending a Finnish federation meeting a while ago I confronted Juhani Halme about this. He was at the time (early to all the way through 1990's) a CCP member and he denied any such talks having ever been taken in the CCP...

Doesn't mean talks have not been held though... Where and by who is another matter...

Attending a Finnish federation meeting a while ago I confronted Juhani Halme about this. He was at the time (early to all the way through 1990's) a CCP member and he denied any such talks having ever been taken in the CCP...

It may just have been idle speculation in the Star, along with GPs in Dubai and Malaysia, but I certainly remember it being mentioned as a possible early GP venue.

It may just have been idle speculation in the Star, along with GPs in Dubai and Malaysia, but I certainly remember it being mentioned as a possible early GP venue.

IT was Ivan Mauger who tried to stage a SGP in Malaysia but his negotiations with the authorities there ultimately came to nought.

Slightly strange comments about the wildcard imo.Seems Timo Lahti feels hard done by not getting the decison "because of commercial reasons" Well as a speedway rider surely he should realise these things are run commercially.Without looking at the commercial side and trying to get that right there wouldn't be a GP in Finland or anywhere else unless you have money to burn like Mr Buckley has/had.On the other hand i wonder if he honestly thinks he is as good a rider as Joonas?For me Kylmäkorpi is an easy choice.The best rider and also happens to be a current FIM track world champion.Makes for better marketing in the press etc.Speedway riders are sometimes in a world of their own and have people around that will tell them they are right........