British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Grand Prix Speedway In Finland 2014-2016

Front page news in todays Aamulehti, the second biggest newspaper in Finland is that talks are ongoing with IMG/BSI for SGP to be staged at Ratina Stadion in Tampere. The city has given signs of green light for the project and Kaj Laukkanen with Jarno Kosonen are said to be the promoters behind the plan. Apparently the negotiations have progressed really well, since it's mentioned that marketing for the first of three GP's would/could start in February -13.

This is excellent stuff! I dont even need to change my bus when I travel the 20 minutes for this one!!!

Edited by f-s-p

Oh no, another running track... it's like the Berlin GP of 2001 all over again

To be fair, 2001 was the first year of one off tracks, they've had a few more attempts since then and they're generally pretty good now.

AND there were particular problems in Berlin which meant that the track simply couldn't cope with the heavy rain. As SCB says, things have moved on since then.

There will be a new temporary track at the Friends Arena in Stockholm next year and, in all probability, in Warsaw in 2014.

AND there were particular problems in Berlin which meant that the track simply couldn't cope with the heavy rain. As SCB says, things have moved on since then.

There will be a new temporary track at the Friends Arena in Stockholm next year and, in all probability, in Warsaw in 2014.

What has stopped Warsaw from going in 2013 ?

What has stopped Warsaw from going in 2013 ?

TOO soon ... not all the ducks in a row. Domestically the PZM have enough on their plate at the moment. Much more realistic in 2014.

Domestically the PZM have enough on their plate at the moment. Much more realistic in 2014.

What do the PZM have to do with respect to running a GP? More likely that the readies simply aren't there at the moment.

I find it unbelivable that Malilla is not on the 2013 calendar - been there three times for GPs in 2008, 2009 and 2011, because it's such a top track.

Not sure how Malilla goes and yet Ullevi (which always looks empty) stays.

All the best

Rob

Presumably for similar reasons why F1 GPs are held out in the desert and not at proper race circuits where real fans can attend.

I find it unbelivable that Malilla is not on the 2013 calendar - been there three times for GPs in 2008, 2009 and 2011, because it's such a top track.

All the best

Rob

ullevi have on year reaming on their contract.

Problem with Målilla is the isolated location and lack of "facillities" nearby.

Good racing but not so much else. I also think that Gotevent can give IMG better offers then Målilla.

Add to that a few thousand more in the crowd...

What do the PZM have to do with respect to running a GP? More likely that the readies simply aren't there at the moment.

WRONG on both counts

G&B Arena in Malilla to undergo some significant spectator upgrades over the next 12 months. True, Ullevi still has a year to run but wouldn't be surprised to see Malilla back on the 2014 calendar.

G&B Arena in Malilla to undergo some significant spectator upgrades over the next 12 months.

Not sure what the PZM has to do with Malilla, but why can't Malilla upgrade their facilities over the winter?

Jarno should get the Wild Card.

I'd reckon it will be Timo Lahti or maybe Kalle Katajisto.

At least one of those would be my choice. But obviously allot can happen during the more then 19-20-21 months or so to go to the gp.

Edited by Ghostwalker