British Speedway Forum

Most journalists and police use the "list of Ws" formula when compiling a story or case

What happened?

Where did it happen?

When did it happen?

Who was involved?

Who witnessed what happened?

Why did it happen?

Can anyone on this forum honestly answer those questions?

Somebody once asked "why is how not in that list" to which the answer is "because it doesn't start with W???"

I have no flag to fly for Darcy Ward however, I am a great believer in balance of the story.

Once again, there is so much speculation about this incident yet very little concern that someone appears to have ended up in hospital for whatever reason . . or am I missing the point?

From the very reliable Polish website Sportowefakty. Fascinating translation! :lol:

Translation:

Darcy Ward - Torun Unibax - extraleague ENEA - Żużel - torun it will not go in zielona gora - polish < poland > Darcy Ward! Author | 2012-10-21 Łukasz Czechowski, | source 12:10 inf. Error personal | enter (report) evaluate I like 2 24 not like cancel ( ) comment ( ) | print as it has managed to confirm we, it will take a stand in sunday match about brown medal among by no means zielona gora Darcy Ward DMP Stelmetem Falubazem and torun Unibaxem. New chairman has transferred this information matheush Unibaxu Kurzawski. They let's remember, that it has been beaten to friday by thoughtless moron Darcy Ward, as it has defined on twitterze Neil Middleditch. Australian has hit for hospital, it isn't known however, it has experienced that injuries. It has come for incident after exit (outlet) from pub in (to) Dorset, where time spent after canceled (appealed; appealed) final match Ward Elite League. Can use full replacement of sportsman in return match about brown medal Torunianie. Sportsman will not take a stand in such australian case (accidentally) in monday end among Elite League Poole Pirates but Swindon Robins, even if it will be able for riding. It has asked ford already Matt Nielsa Kristiana Iversena, in order to it was in readiness on monday meeting it. It has won in first match in torun 9 points Ward and bonuses in (to) five 3 runs

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/318026/darcy-ward-nie-pojedzie-w-zielonej-gorze

I'll leave you all to it :t:

Regards. Alan.

Most journalists and police use the "list of Ws" formula when compiling a story or case

What happened?

Where did it happen?

When did it happen?

Who was involved?

Who witnessed what happened?

Why did it happen?

Can anyone on this forum honestly answer those questions?

Somebody once asked "why is how not in that list" to which the answer is "because it doesn't start with W???"

I have no flag to fly for Darcy Ward however, I am a great believer in balance of the story.

Once again, there is so much speculation about this incident yet very little concern that someone appears to have ended up in hospital for whatever reason . . or am I missing the point?

Answers to some of your questions

http://www.bournemou...nal/?ref=twtrec

Edited by WembleyLion

At prices like this, why would this entice families to go and watch this? Value for money? Someone who attended tonight may give their opinion on the admission and the line up.

expensive and poor!

I was at Swindon last night and for most part I was pleased I went but I will say the choice of venue was poor having not been to Swindon since the World Cup round there in i think 2005 I'd forgotten how run down the stadium is viewing on a wet grass bank is no ideal in October toilets were disgusting track lights are very poor as well and for £25 I think a better venue should be used . As I say I enjoyed the meeting and I guess that was the main thing .

The upkeep of the stadium is down to the owners who then rent the usage to the speedway club for days the meetings are held. There is a possibility of a brand new stadium in the not too distant future if that area is redeveloped.

Edited by A ORLOV

We can only hope for a new Stade de Lite in the none too distant future. When you think its only 4 quid more to watch in comfort at Cardiff, with the world's top 15 riders, 25 quid plus double the cost of parking and prog is a bit much, especially with the visit to those infamous back-straight bogs.

There are too many obstructions for decent viewing at The Abbey, but not the speedway club's fault.

Edited by beefy keefy

I was at Swindon last night and for most part I was pleased I went but I will say the choice of venue was poor having not been to Swindon since the World Cup round there in i think 2005 I'd forgotten how run down the stadium is viewing on a wet grass bank is no ideal in October toilets were disgusting track lights are very poor as well and for £25 I think a better venue should be used . As I say I enjoyed the meeting and I guess that was the main thing .

Who ask you to watch it from a wet grass bank ? surely that was your choice ?

Who ask you to watch it from a wet grass bank ? surely that was your choice ?

not just MY choice many others choice as well I was trying to get the best view I could but very difficult at Swindon poor viewing where ever I tried to watch

Poor viewing?..been to specsavers at all in the last 5 years?! Praps we should order a perspex airfence to see thru......

• Like 1

Poor viewing?..been to specsavers at all in the last 5 years?! Praps we should order a perspex airfence to see thru......

nothing wrong with my eyes sight thank you very much and I've no problem with the air fence either if you are happy with the viewing at Swindon then that's fine all I'm saying is for £25 which I was happy to pay for the event I do though expect to be able to view the racing better than at Swindon poor choice of venue for a meeting like this track lights are dire which didn't help either .

As I say I'm glad I went to the meeting Saturday but not sure is go next year if its held at same venue .

expensive and poor!

In the programme they claim it is the "best 16 riders in the Elite League". Well, actually only 8 of them were there based on current averages. Why didn't first and second reserves Kasprzak and Ulamek ride when Ward and Bachelor pulled out? Presumably they couldn't be bothered so we get two PL riders instead. Rossiter openly admitted that Andersen and Kildemand weren't risking it two much. Think that could be said of a few of the riders on show, but full marks to the admirable Rory Schlein who gave it his all and came close to retaining his title.

• Like 1

I asked at the start of this thread as to which riders were invited as it seems to be the top two from the clubs at the top of the league and one from the clubs at the bottom and not the 16 riders with the top averages, but no one has answered and given the selection criteria for this meeting.

nothing wrong with my eyes sight thank you very much and I've no problem with the air fence either if you are happy with the viewing at Swindon then that's fine all I'm saying is for £25 which I was happy to pay for the event I do though expect to be able to view the racing better than at Swindon poor choice of venue for a meeting like this track lights are dire which didn't help either .

As I say I'm glad I went to the meeting Saturday but not sure is go next year if its held at same venue .

You are joking? god your eyesight must be bad don't have it at Swindon give it to Eastbourne then.?I saw the meeting fine and it wasn't a bad nights racing i watched different races on different bends and i had a fine view.!
  • Like 1