British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Workington V Ipswich Lc S/f 13/10

? Two weeks time but we are due to be at Edinburgh this comig Friday.

2 weeks time is after the season finishes :blink: , confused.com

Workington are but it will be announced about Edinburgh in two weeks Blimey I wish I had not posted anything now

AHHH now I see ;)

You would think it was the right decision, Ipswich went through , complete farce !!! If the weather is gona affect results next season lets just wait for a wet night , meetings abandoned and teams going through on aggregate at the time of call off :D:mad: what a joke. Sums our season up, injuries,weather, the list of bad luck goes on. Rene and Rich now second hand for this weekend , a win at Armadale needed Fri ( a miracle on our bogey track) and 18 points to pull back Saturday which without Rene and Rich is an uphill battle . Roll on 31st October :neutral:

the workington promotion had the option to rerun which they declined

the workington promotion had the option to rerun which they declined

One of these days scarra that big mouth of yours is gona get you in trouble, yet another poke at the promotion!!

• Like 1

One of these days scarra that big mouth of yours is gona get you in trouble, yet another poke at the promotion!!

But isn't it the truth? I'm sure Ipswich would have ridden the meeting this midweek, but Workington couldn't (wouldn't) put the meeting on.

• Like 1

You would think it was the right decision, Ipswich went through , complete farce !!! If the weather is gona affect results next season lets just wait for a wet night , meetings abandoned and teams going through on aggregate at the time of call off :D:mad: what a joke. Sums our season up, injuries,weather, the list of bad luck goes on. Rene and Rich now second hand for this weekend , a win at Armadale needed Fri ( a miracle on our bogey track) and 18 points to pull back Saturday which without Rene and Rich is an uphill battle . Roll on 31st October :neutral:

Best you direct your selfish vitriol to the good Lord who presumably made it rain on Saturday, the fact that your club has lost so many fixtures to the weather over the last 2 seasons has contributed to it's financial plight but you want somebody to blame. Keep on and you just might p1zz Keith off enough to permanently close it then you can sit at home with your Horlicks on a Saturday night laughing your sock off.

I dont think it was the right decision just because my team went through.

Had Worky been ahead on agg and been put through whilst being disappointed I would have accepted it as the right decision in the current circumstances.

We cant keep faffing about with rearrangements for fixtures that should have been done and dusted in August.

I dont think it sets a precedent for the future as it has been stated the decisions have been taken due to extreme circumstances.(unless of course we have the same scenario next year!)

For what its worth I can see why Worky fans are disappointed as it was most likely they would have won had it gone full distance.But that is pure speculation and cannot form the basis for a decision.

Hopefully next year will be a smoother journey and hopefully the Comets are still part of that journey.

• Like 2

just how will telling the truth get me into trouble. your showing your true colours. are you connected to the promotion in any way ? Edited by scarra

Crazy that we have this problem for a competition started months ago. I feel sorry for Workington fans & if it had been the other way round would have been well p!ssed off but thats the decision so hope the Witches manage to get both finals in before the end of the season & get some silverware.

As for the Witches, thats 2 cup finals from a season that for ALL teams has been one to forget really...

Possibly three with the PCT still up for grabs - are the Witches not still waiting for a PCT match at Sheffield to be rearranged? 3 possible finals and only 2 Thursdays left, and one of those Thursdays is the last outstanding home PCT match according to the fixture list! Seems like Ippo have picked up similar fixture problems following the season's decidedly inclement weather.

Edited by Travertine

good luck to ippo . hope you dont come up against the same type of problem as we at worky did. then again, you have a pure speedway fan in charge and not a power crazy jam eater..

Edited by jenga

Possibly three with the PCT still up for grabs - are the Witches not still waiting for a PCT match at Sheffield to be rearranged? 3 possible finals and only 2 Thursdays left, and one of those Thursdays is the last outstanding home PCT match according to the fixture list! Seems like Ippo have picked up similar fixture problems following the season's decidedly inclement weather.

According to the Witches Fixture list, remaining Home fixtures:

Thursday 18th Rye House PCT

Saturday 27th Reserved Rainoff / Final

Wednesday 31st Reserved Rainoff / Final

It's going to be tight.

Edited by ipswichwitches

Best you direct your selfish vitriol to the good Lord who presumably made it rain on Saturday, the fact that your club has lost so many fixtures to the weather over the last 2 seasons has contributed to it's financial plight but you want somebody to blame. Keep on and you just might p1zz Keith off enough to permanently close it then you can sit at home with your Horlicks on a Saturday night laughing your sock off.

Ummm, you lost me there, read back through my post time and time again and not once mentioned it had anything to do with our promotion so don't twist what wasn't there :mad: , don't need anyone to blame but saying it is a farce that a team gets into a final on agg when they would have ridden 6 more heats than the Comets , how the hell can it be on aggregate, Ipswich rode 15 heats and Comets rode 9 , so yes its a joke !!!

Edited by davidj
  • Like 2