British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Workington V Ipswich Lc S/f 13/10

Ummm, you lost me there, read back through my post time and time again and not once mentioned it had anything to do with our promotion so don't twist what wasn't there :mad: , don't need anyone to blame but saying it is a farce that a team gets into a final on agg when they would have ridden 6 more heats than the Comets , how the hell can it be on aggregate, Ipswich rode 15 heats and Comets rode 9 , so yes its a joke !!!

i share the opinion that agregate should be same heats at both tracks but this was the fall back option after a new date couldnt be arranged to stage the 2nd leg over 12 to 15 hts to declare a full result

maybe something that needs looking at for future years

A bit of a joke decision yes but allegedly Worky were given the option to restage and declined !

The Witches were about to use a tactical when the rain intervened and "could" have clawed a couple of points back , nobody knows how it would have been come ht12 . The really strong heats for the home side would have been 13 and 15 and I have no doubt would have won comfortably !

It's just the way it panned out I'm afraid .

• Like 1

i share the opinion that agregate should be same heats at both tracks but this was the fall back option after a new date couldnt be arranged to stage the 2nd leg over 12 to 15 hts to declare a full result

One thing they should change is the use of tacticals in 2 legged matches, we were effectively punished for doing well at Ipswich, only 2pts behind after heat 10, they maybe balance out over the season but imo unfair in cup matches.
  • Like 3

How the hell can it be on aggregate, Ipswich rode 15 heats and Comets rode 9 , so yes its a joke !!!

Well, no wonder the comets lost if they only turned out for 9 of the races, they won't have a chance with Ippo taking 15 :lol:

• Like 1

this result should have taken over 9 heats @ ipswitch. and 9 heats @ workingon. the result would have been in workingtons favor.

now tell me how the hell we got an ipwitch win. no wonder speedway is in such a mess

• Like 1

this result should have taken over 9 heats @ ipswitch. and 9 heats @ workingon. the result would have been in workingtons favor.

now tell me how the hell we got an ipwitch win. no wonder speedway is in such a mess

The decision I think is still more about the fact that the offer to restage was declined by Worky ! I know that time left in the season is the reason this option was not taken but the offer was there and that's why someone said " let the result stand then "

• Like 1

Perhaps they could have let each side pick a heat in turn as to which ones were included - 9 each!!! :P:blink:

One thing they should change is the use of tacticals in 2 legged matches, we were effectively punished for doing well at Ipswich, only 2pts behind after heat 10, they maybe balance out over the season but imo unfair in cup matches.

but thats just sensible and we are talking british speedway here not much makes sense

The decision I think is still more about the fact that the offer to restage was declined by Worky ! I know that time left in the season is the reason this option was not taken but the offer was there and that's why someone said " let the result stand then "

thats the thing though and some comets fans wont accept we were given the option to restage and declined

i fully understand the promotions reasons but it dosnt make it any easyier being a pasionate comets fan when the promotion throw away the chance to progress to the final of a competion

Ummm, you lost me there, read back through my post time and time again and not once mentioned it had anything to do with our promotion so don't twist what wasn't there :mad: , don't need anyone to blame but saying it is a farce that a team gets into a final on agg when they would have ridden 6 more heats than the Comets , how the hell can it be on aggregate, Ipswich rode 15 heats and Comets rode 9 , so yes its a joke !!!

These extra 6 heats we've apparently ridden - were they not against Workington riders?

So you're wrong, Ipswich and Workington have ridden the same amount of heats - 15 at Ipswich and 9 at Workington - but 26 heats raced between the two clubs, Ipswich were on top after those 26 and have been declared as the team worthy of going through - would it of been right in your eyes if the team losing on aggregate at the time of the stoppage went through?!

Why should the aggreate after the same heats be used? Why should you erase 5 heats from the records?

These extra 6 heats we've apparently ridden - were they not against Workington riders?

So you're wrong, Ipswich and Workington have ridden the same amount of heats - 15 at Ipswich and 9 at Workington - but 26 heats raced between the two clubs, Ipswich were on top after those 26 and have been declared as the team worthy of going through - would it of been right in your eyes if the team losing on aggregate at the time of the stoppage went through?!

Why should the aggreate after the same heats be used? Why should you erase 5 heats from the records?

Shut up !!!! So 26 heats were ridden between the two teams, 15 of them from Ipswich and 9 from Workington, aggregate to me should be 15 heats from Ipswich and 15 from Workington, quite simple really :rolleyes: . You should erase 5 heats from Ipswich so the aggregate is on what both teams have raced which should be 9, pretty much common sense really .

Makes no difference to the end result for Ipswich which will see Somerset come out on top :P

Where the hell do you get 26 heats from ? ,15+9=24 if 26 heats had been raced the deficit would have been wiped out and comets would be in the final ,no doubt weather affected therefore the team with the lowest rainfall would win

Where the hell do you get 26 heats from ? ,15+9=24 if 26 heats had been raced the deficit would have been wiped out and comets would be in the final ,no doubt weather affected therefore the team with the lowest rainfall would win

Got this image of davidj counting her fingers and toes now and forgetting to stop at 24 :) how do you know the deficit would have been wiped out??

Got this image of davidj counting her fingers and toes now and forgetting to stop at 24 :) how do you know the deficit would have been wiped out??

The witches were starting to wilt ,they got out of jail and they know it

The witches were starting to wilt ,they got out of jail and they know it

but so were Newcastle at your place and we finished strongly... You can never tell.