British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

It has come to light that the reason that Leicester were refused entry to the Elite League was that Peterborough fely that having Leicester in, would have been detremental to their business and, said that if they were admitted, Peterborough would WITHDRAW from the Elite League. The other promoters didn't want to lose an established club and, for Leicester to be admitted, the vote needed to be unanimous. hence there was aunanimous vote against Leicester.

Coventry Promoter just confirmed most of thses details on their radio phone in tonight without naming Peterborough but I can assure you, it was Peterborough who threatened to walk away. Can't reveal the source but 1000% correct.

I think it's disgusting and yet again Peterborogh throw the toys out of the pram and threatened to walk away. Maybe it's time to tell them to sod off and replace them with a forward thinking, progressive Promotion like Leicester as opposed to a club like Peterborough who openly admit to making heavy lossses and being liable to close or sell up at the promoters whim.

Disgusting.

How many assets do Leicester have?

I have seen more passing in 1 meeting at the Showground than all season at your track.

my team would be

1.kauko nieminen 8.18

2.jacob thorsell 5.00

3.henning bager 5.72

4.lasse bjerre 7.31

5.nick morris 8.00

6.jan graversen 4.91

7.simon nielsen 4.08

=42.20

Shut up then.

The source of this information was Graham Drury, given out during a meeting with Birmingham Speedway Supporters Club on 22nd Nov. None of the midland clubs opposed it but Panthers said it would affect their business.

. None of the midland clubs opposed it but Panthers said it would affect their business.

rubbish horton said he voted against it and so did everybody else

yeah but Mick Horton said one club said they would drop out and I know for a fact it was Peterborough, so thats why they all went with them

yeah but Mick Horton said one club said they would drop out and I know for a fact it was Peterborough, so thats why they all went with them

It's a joke British speedway all about self preservation and not the greater good of the sport. If you throw your toys out the pram you get your way. Micky mouse organisation

Leicester speedway deserves to operate at the top level. Hate other idiots trying to stop the club in its quest

• Like 2

The very sad part of this is that Frost spent the whole of the winter a couple of years ago chest out making threats to the league because the weak clubs were stifling the clubs that had vision and ambition (bees and panthers) and here we are 2 years later finding out the club that is stifling the ambitious the most appears to actually be Peterborough themselves. All mouth but no trousers springs to mind.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Hi,

Yes we wanted EL it hasn't happened. So lets get on with winning the league.

I hope you will all be pleased with the club statement later today.

• Like 2

Hi,

Yes we wanted EL it hasn't happened. So lets get on with winning the league.

I hope you will all be pleased with the club statement later today.

wats that then or cant u say, and whens it liable too be released

wats that then or cant u say, and whens it liable too be released

I'm hoping they'll be announcing the 2013 Premier league championship winning team.

I'm hoping they'll be announcing the 2013 Premier league championship winning team.

Somerset's team isn't announced until early December :blink:

The very sad part of this is that Frost spent the whole of the winter a couple of years ago chest out making threats to the league because the weak clubs were stifling the clubs that had vision and ambition (bees and panthers) and here we are 2 years later finding out the club that is stifling the ambitious the most appears to actually be Peterborough themselves. All mouth but no trousers springs to mind.

Or if you can't beat them then join them springs too mind. Although much like two years ago, everyone seems to know the facts :rolleyes:

Or if you can't beat them then join them springs too mind. Although much like two years ago, everyone seems to know the facts :rolleyes:

I think you're right Crump99. However, regarding the facts, the only other option i can come up with, given that Horton hinted at and Drury came right out with it, is that Frost agreed to be scapegoat for the decision on behalf of the other clubs. Either way, Surely the penance for a back down of such magnitute over a period of just 2 years is surely the grief he might get from the likes of Lions fans such as myself on forums such as this. :blink:

2013 Team: as announced on Lions website

Oh YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!😄

Kauko Nieminen (8.18)

Lasse Bjerre (7.31)

Kevin Doolan (7.29)

Adam Roynon (7.07)

Jan Graversen (4.91)

Simon Nielsen (4.08)

Lewis Blackbird (3.00)

Total: 41.84

The above line-up is subject to BSPA approval.

-------------------------------------------------------

the only other option i can come up with, given that Horton hinted at and Drury came right out with it

In the world of shark infested custard I wouldn't particularly trust any of them to be honest and they are quite capable of collective incompetence so direct your grief appropriately.