British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

did anyone go up on sunday to see the practice day? if so was there any lions riders there.

Lewis Kerr was riding, prep'ing for the ill fated Somerset meeting.

Yes....right. :shock: I'd rather be friends with Gary Glitter.

"Do you wanna be in Gem's dog gang dog gang dog gang, Do you wanna be in Gem's dog gang, oh yea...." Lol

• Like 2

That says more about you than it does me. I s'pose you regularly put flowers on Jimmy Savilles grave too

Out of order laddie. You're not exactly coming out smelling of roses in this debate. Your denial of Gemini, her age and gender, kids nobody.

• Like 4

Time to end this debate I think. I've already said I wouldn't take my dog to Leicester anyway as there is not enough room, and that you can't generalise about dogs being taken to speedway meetings by their owners if the stadium capacity is big enough - Thomas (Border Collie) at Peterborough and Edward (Golden Retriever) at Coventry are just two examples of perfectly happy dogs but there are umpteen others, including my own Border Collie. Others disagree and wouldn't ever change their opinion so fair enough we'll just have to agree to disagree.....but I've already said that in an earlier post as well so we're just going round in circles. If you want the last word Shadders you are welcome to have it, but hopefully a bit more grown up than the last one.

That says more about you than it does me. I s'pose you regularly put flowers on Jimmy Savilles grave too .

And that's the edited version. I dread to think what the original was after thinking about it for fifteen minutes. :rofl:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Out of order laddie. You're not exactly coming out smelling of roses in this debate. Your denial of Gemini, her age and gender, kids nobody.

Gemini - nice friendly lady with nice friendly dogs, leave her alone!

On a brighter note the Lion cubs are a positive move, it brings back good memories. I happened to be talking to Kevin Smith recently who was telling me that one of his first competetive rides was at Blackbird Rd against the cubs and our top man Chris Sully and I remember quite a few other well known riders who raced at this level on their way through the ranks.

• Like 3

Leicester Speedway have signed up to an added value initiative launched by Workington for season ticket holders. Lions fans who may be visiting in the Lake District can gain entrance to Derwent Park on race-nights on production of their Leicester Speedway season ticket for a reduced rate of £10 for any match during the season except when Leicester are racing against the Comets or a BSPA shared event. A reciprocal arrangement for Comets fans who may be in the area when a meeting is scheduled at Beaumont Park will also be honoured.

“In today’s economic climate where people’s disposable income is stretched this scheme is a step in the right direction and hopefully we may see some neutrals coming along to watch a speedway match that they may otherwise have given a miss” said the Lions Co-promoter, Alan Jones. The Workington promotion is hoping to extend the scheme to other clubs in the Premier League.

Good idea and I can understand fans being in the Lake District so not too far from Workington but who on earth would choose to be in the Leicester area to take advantage of this offer? :D

That says more about you than it does me. I s'pose you regularly put flowers on Jimmy Savilles grave too

A fight that I din't start. This is a new experience for me :t:

And the fat Greek wonders why he gets into so many arguments when he goes to away tracks. With an attitude like his it's obvious why.

• Like 3

Leicester Speedway have signed up to an added value initiative launched by Workington for season ticket holders. Lions fans who may be visiting in the Lake District can gain entrance to Derwent Park on race-nights on production of their Leicester Speedway season ticket for a reduced rate of £10 for any match during the season except when Leicester are racing against the Comets or a BSPA shared event. A reciprocal arrangement for Comets fans who may be in the area when a meeting is scheduled at Beaumont Park will also be honoured.

“In today’s economic climate where people’s disposable income is stretched this scheme is a step in the right direction and hopefully we may see some neutrals coming along to watch a speedway match that they may otherwise have given a miss” said the Lions Co-promoter, Alan Jones. The Workington promotion is hoping to extend the scheme to other clubs in the Premier League.

This did make me laugh

:rofl: reasons why speedway is in a mess, clueless people run it

• Like 1

Robert 72

This did make me laugh reasons why speedway is in a mess, clueless people run it

----------

So what's clueless about the reciprocal season ticket offer then expert Robert ??

Doesn't seem clueless to me if it gives incentive for people who may not have done to attend. Better to have some in paying £10 then not having them in at all. Workington is only 20 mile from Keswick and has Workington Hall in which Mary Queen of Scots spent her last night of freedom. A lot of people may not know that (yeh, or care!). It's run down now but hopefully getting done up.

http://www.timesands...ath=home/2.1681

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1

Anyone know if Leicester has a new team sponsor? I heard Elliots were pulling out.

Robert 72

This did make me laugh reasons why speedway is in a mess, clueless people run it

----------

So what's clueless about the reciprocal season ticket offer then expert Robert ??

Perhaps because the offer isnt available when your own team is riding there.

Would you travel to Worky as a neutral for a £small discount?

• Like 1

Robert 72

----------

Simple, Speedway should be a £10 sport all over the uk if it is to survive,

Dont workington race on the same nights as the lions ? so whats the incentive as i am sure season ticket holders will be watching there team at home every week.

Again the promotors are not looking at bringing back old fans or attracting new ones by making speedway affordable in tough times, so what leicester have said is a load of tosh and not worth the time and effort it took to put it out

Simple, Speedway should be a £10 sport all over the uk if it is to survive,

Dont workington race on the same nights as the lions ? so whats the incentive as i am sure season ticket holders will be watching there team at home every week.

Again the promotors are not looking at bringing back old fans or attracting new ones by making speedway affordable in tough times, so what leicester have said is a load of tosh and not worth the time and effort it took to put it out

But how does speedway survive at £10 if that means the promotions lose money.......and probably quite a lot of money.

That would only work if you can cut your costs accordingly and I don't see how that can be done easily.

• Like 1

Anyone know if Leicester has a new team sponsor? I heard Elliots were pulling out.

I heard something similar, and the Lions bit in this week's Star suggests a major sponsor is being sought. If Elliotts has gone we are desperately unlucky with team sponsors. Also makes me wonder whether we would lose the Elliott buildings in the stadium.