British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

the more team changes, the better it will be for workington when we visit... thinking of off loading nemo will be crazy. super guy at all times. adam roynon would like to be back to face his old club, but may not be 100% fit.. speedway is a team sport, 1 to 7. they all cant score max points every week.keep the team you have and enjoy them.

I spoke to Adam at the Coventry fans forum on 3 May and he said he expected to be back riding in 2 weeks so I would think any time now.

I expect there will be 2 changes for the match next week against Workington, Leicester can not carry on like this and used a good slice of luck up last night with the 5-0 and Barker getting excluded Ipswich should have never been allowed back into the match like that.

David Hemsley was obviously very annoyed and let down by the performance last night as could be seen by his face and body language he was also vocal I'm told through the match saying simply not good enough and will make changes.

The next big question is who comes and who goes ? Personally as nice a guy as he is I would look to replace Kauko as he is not scoring the points of a no 1 but with most elite clubs have the full allowance of double up riders already it only leaves riders from BV,lakeside,Eastbourne and Peterborough with the latter having their policy of no DU riders options appear limited. I think it's clear that Magnus will be released as soon as Roynon is fit. The other rider who I feel is not performing as expected and required is Simon Nielsen Leicester can't carry him and Branford with Simon having the higher average I can see the swede Berwick have released coming in or maybe Eklof if enough average space

• Like 2

Should have kept Blackbird & released Roynon & Nielsen as soon as it was clear that Adam was going to miss a few weeks. At the time you had over 8 points for the other rider & when Adam returned to fitness he could have come back into the team to replace any of the riders that are struggling to find their form.

Agree with that Flagrag, from a meeting where we were looking at a double point win you look back and think we were lucky to win. As good and as well liked as Nemo is, he isn't delivering. A lot of other sides now have a big hitting number 1 and we sacrificed that for a strong all round team. With MK as well, then it just isn't happening and we are being heavily outscored in the last 6-7 heats. I think Bjerre is our true class rider that could hurt an opposition Number 1 and would like to see him in at 5.

Going forward Bjerre and Doolan are the stand out performers for me. Jan is at home really. Reserves need massive work. Big week coming up.

I expect there will be 2 changes for the match next week against Workington, Leicester can not carry on like this and used a good slice of luck up last night with the 5-0 and Barker getting excluded Ipswich should have never been allowed back into the match like that.

David Hemsley was obviously very annoyed and let down by the performance last night as could be seen by his face and body language he was also vocal I'm told through the match saying simply not good enough and will make changes.

The next big question is who comes and who goes ? Personally as nice a guy as he is I would look to replace Kauko as he is not scoring the points of a no 1 but with most elite clubs have the full allowance of double up riders already it only leaves riders from BV,lakeside,Eastbourne and Peterborough with the latter having their policy of no DU riders options appear limited. I think it's clear that Magnus will be released as soon as Roynon is fit. The other rider who I feel is not performing as expected and required is Simon Nielsen Leicester can't carry him and Branford with Simon having the higher average I can see the swede Berwick have released coming in or maybe Eklof if enough average space

i dont think for one minute kauko will be replaced as its his testimonial year at leicester and dont be to sure on magnus being released why would you want to take a risk on bringing possibly an unfit rider in for a rider who is scoring points i know i wouldn't.the problem we have is clearly at reserve we dont have enough fire power lower down and dont forget lasse missing the last few meetings and kauko getting injured didn't help our cause.the reserves need looking at first but who is there out there? we let the last two decent ones go.

Couldn't we work it so Jan ended up at no.6 and we signed someone to ride at no.2, like we did with Eklof? I'm not sure what the averages are currently at for team building?

• Like 1

I agree the reserves do need changing but realistically they will score 12 between them hence why they will be at reserve. The top end is where I feel the biggest problems are as Leicester just fall apart and have no fire power for 13&15 along with tracks too slick for Doolan in 14 so by heat 10-11 Leicester start to go down and matched thrown away. I think Leicester were 29-7 up at one point just not good enough and changes need to happen that will be a difference and will also excite the fans by just changing the reserves can't see this happening

maybe other areas need looking at not just the riders we have, a happy team is a successful team a good motivator in the pits might help like jason used to be he always seemed to get the best out of nemo and mk when he was team manager.

I can see a Fish coming !

peterbrough dont allow riders to double down from what i was told anyone know any different ?

I think Fish or Hougaard and Klindt would love to come to Leicester if Peterborough would allow their riders to double as both could earn good money in premier league but the club have been quite strict about no double ups so to avoid fixture clashes.

Is there anybody at Belle Vue wonder if Wolbert or Dryml are interested although got Poland and European at weekends. Eastbourne clash with Leicester Saturday nights. I did Alex Edkberg from Berwick mentioned last night but didn't exactly score loads for them.

I think Fish or Hougaard and Klindt would love to come to Leicester if Peterborough would allow their riders to double as both could earn good money in premier league but the club have been quite strict about no double ups so to avoid fixture clashes.

Is there anybody at Belle Vue wonder if Wolbert or Dryml are interested although got Poland and European at weekends. Eastbourne clash with Leicester Saturday nights. I did Alex Edkberg from Berwick mentioned last night but didn't exactly score loads for them.

I have see Edberg a few times and something he has on our current reserves is that he can gate, whcih can only help us on our track. I think he would be an excellent addition

I have see Edberg a few times and something he has on our current reserves is that he can gate, whcih can only help us on our track. I think he would be an excellent addition

Edberg on his night can be a more than useful scorer,very much a confidence rider,but if he gets that back and gets on with the Leicester track he`d be a shrewd signing.

• Like 1

I thought Edbergs biggest problem at Berwick was the track? Maybe a small home track where gating is the name of the game might work for him? That said, is signing a fragile rider really the answer when you're trying to strengthen up?