British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Hmmmm, yes i have seen James Sarjeant, and Rob Branford numerous times, when he is on it Rob is a far better gater than James hence, Under 21,s winner RB, and JS nowhere, who is the current Cov Storm No1 ?, RB. JS has a lower average, who would i choose to have in a side of mine out of James Sarjeant and Rob Branford ?? NO hesitation Rob Branford. I have probably seen both riders home and away around 10+ times, its my belief Rob also has a far better temperment .

Hmmmm, yes i have seen James Sarjeant, and Rob Branford numerous times, when he is on it Rob is a far better gater than James hence, Under 21,s winner RB, and JS nowhere, who is the current Cov Storm No1 ?, RB. JS has a lower average, who would i choose to have in a side of mine out of James Sarjeant and Rob Branford ?? NO hesitation Rob Branford. I have probably seen both riders home and away around 10+ times, its my belief Rob also has a far better temperment .

...on small tracks like Edinburgh maybe yes, on mid size or big tracks like Leicester based on evidence in PL this season I'll take Sarjeant as nothing to lose Edited by hurricanes

All irrelevant really , the decisions been made so good luck to Sarge .

Chopper

Chopper

Chopper

Chopper

why dont you try putting putting some dirt on your tracks so kids like robert who are having trouble gating actually have a chance to do some passing.its a joke the state of english tracks.

In my opinion Robert does a good job over there.The otherside of the world trying to make a living .A young fellow alone and away from his family.

Why dont you smart ass knockers try it and see how far you get.Book your ticket today .

Chopper

I think he is going to need it..

I think he is going to need it..

How long before the knives are out for James?!

why dont you try putting putting some dirt on your tracks so kids like robert who are having trouble gating actually have a chance to do some passing.its a joke the state of english tracks.

In my opinion Robert does a good job over there.The otherside of the world trying to make a living .A young fellow alone and away from his family.

Why dont you smart ass knockers try it and see how far you get.Book your ticket today .

Ok, i'll come to Oz to race, which League can I ride in, and how many Meetings can I ride in, at £50 a point and get paid travel? Appears that there's an awful lot of Aussie's making a living in UK speedway, if you're good enough, the chance is there.

• Like 1

How long before the knives are out for James?!

They already are on his score guesting for Sheffield at BP on Sun but then to be fair he was riding at NO.6 I presume he will be riding at NO.7 on Sat.

Wondered why Lions didn't look to sign Simon Lambert before he signed for Somerset ( or maybe they did) when he was released by Rye House a few days ago. After releasing Branford they had 3.73 to play with after the new averages came into effect, Lambert was a bit of a bargain at 3.18 & although he has had injuries & his form has tailed off in the last couple of seasons i'm sure at reserve he could get 3 or 4 points a meeting which Sarjeant will probably struggle to get, also 2 of the tracks Lions have to visit are Scunthorpe & Rye House & he as had spells at both clubs so would have had good track knowledge of those tracks.Like i said maybe they did approach him & he chose Somerset instead which i suppose would be understandable as Lions have replaced him in the past.

Having now used 3 points in signing Sargeant they now have 0 .73 to play with to take them up to the points limit, perhaps they intend to strengthen elsewhere in the team, but somehow doubt it.

Wonder if Branford will continue the trend for reserves who leave Leicester & improve like Kerr & Blackbird ? Think the Leicester management have been a bit quick to dump him, especially as Sargeant is a rider who will score about the same points.

• Like 1

The track has produced most overtaking when it has been pretty slick, as it was for the Ipswich & Somerset meetings. Everytime Glyn leaves the dirt there in the corners no one can get around it as shown in the Sheffield meeting when he pulled it all back on at the interval and Bjerre and others just couldn't turn the bikes on bend 3/4. Then there is no overtaking whatsoever except when a rider ends up freewheeling it out to the fence. I like Branford but around BP he was really struggling, particularly around bend 3/4 where all the gap he would make up going around 1/2 was lost again. I think he will be one who will do better away from BP and really hope he gets fixed up somewhere else so he can put his struggles behind him. Blackbird did it and i see no reason why Rob can't do the same. I wish him all the best.

They already are on his score guesting for Sheffield at BP on Sun but then to be fair he was riding at NO.6 I presume he will be riding at NO.7 on Sat.

Maybe they should remember when he won us the match guesting at 2 for Magnus in the Sheffield match. I like him, he looks a bit fragile sometimes and appears to go down a little too easily a lot of the time (as he did when 2nd in the reserves race last week) but when he stops up and gates he looks to me like he has something. From what i've seen of him he's young, he's definately seems to have improved a lot over the last year, I think he looks nice and stylish and he's seems pretty fast when he stops upright. I think the falls may be a confidence thing that will hopfully disappear with a few regular premier league races and a few decent points for the Lions.

I think he is a good prospect for the future, quite level headed young man

Wonder if Branford will continue the trend for reserves who leave Leicester & improve like Kerr & Blackbird ? Think the Leicester management have been a bit quick to dump him, especially as Sargeant is a rider who will score about the same points.

Looking back at Robets points at home I think there's more to this than lack if form , perhaps he's the one that copped it for the walkout after the promoters dummy spit.Last meeting was the only time he didn't score his average but reading updates he was mixing it with Facu who also won two races and if it wasn't for an e/f when in a paid win a few meets back his average would be around 4.

Junior

Brilliant. :rofl: That deserves a thread of it's own.

• Like 1