British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

So funny lol

You didn't get a mention though :t:

If Edberg is out for the season then i think we have 5.01 to replace him with which at least gives us options with some untapped foreign talent (i know, i know)... I did hear a rumour at one time that a young pole was touting for a spot in PL and he might be a decent shout. I'm sure he'd fit on a 5.00 due to a disastrous previous spell in the UK but if he brought something over a little more competitive then he might do a job similar to what aspgren is doing at Rye. Not sure how he'd be allowed to ride PL but Rempala did it a few seasons back so it's possible.

Either way, Even at this late stage of the season, hopefully Glyn at least has a bit of scope this time to get someone in who might make turn our season around.

Mick.

Edited by volty

Excellent win at Redcar gives us a much needed 4 points in the top six battle.

I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at the result, I thought we would get beat. I also thought we would beat Rye House home and away.

That leaves us with

Berwick - Home

Sunthorpe - Away

Edinburgh - Home

Newcastle - Away

I believe we can beat Scunthorpe I don't hold out much hope at Newcastle. And we can win both home meetings.

Interesting times.

If Leicester get 2 x 3 point wins from the remaining 2 home meetings & get nothing from the two away meetings they will finish on 41 points. If Redcar get a 3 point home win v Glasgow but get nothing at Rye House they will have 41 points.

Will it then go down to heat point difference or is there another method to seperate 2 sides with the same points?

If Leicester get 2 x 3 point wins from the remaining 2 home meetings & get nothing from the two away meetings they will finish on 41 points. If Redcar get a 3 point home win v Glasgow but get nothing at Rye House they will have 41 points.

Will it then go down to heat point difference or is there another method to seperate 2 sides with the same points?

so are we best utilising guests for Edberg and r/r for Nieminen or do we need changes. Depending how much we can use Douglas, he looks very good for a sub 4 point guest replacement. Swapping between Douglas and Wright looks a decent tactic.

what's the way to go?

• Like 1

so are we best utilising guests for Edberg and r/r for Nieminen or do we need changes. Depending how much we can use Douglas, he looks very good for a sub 4 point guest replacement. Swapping between Douglas and Wright looks a decent tactic.

what's the way to go?

If Douglas is available we could use him once every eight days

If Douglas is available we could use him once every eight days

The eight day rule only applies to meetings on the same track, so if they wanted to they could use him in three of the remaining matches, revised averages permitting.

It's going to be close.

Redcar can take their total to a possible 45. While Leicester can take theirs to a possible 49. However, to do that we would need to win at both Scunthorpe and Newcastle by 7 points. I appreciate that there are all sorts of different permutations.

I guess it depends on what the situation is with Edberg.

It's difficult to know what to do for the best really. If Edberg is still not fit I hope we can use Ryan Douglas again on Saturday. Do we keep Sarjeant or replace him. ?

Stefan Nielsen been released by Somerset. Might be worth a punt.

If you ask me, which you are probably not but heyho. Nielson ends up on his backside too many times which you don't want in a team event. It's not about personal glory it's about doing well for your team and if that means coming 2nd or 3rd points mean prizes, which is fine in the NL but not in PL it's not a learning league:-) I think we should have recalled SN for the time Edberg was out it would have provided consistency and Simon can ride our track which the other guests struggled with.