British Speedway Forum

Wasn't called back after an unsatisfactory start then?

Nope. He tried to lean to the guy in front of him, but at that point the gap was already there.

ha ha...if you believe many on here then every rider gives 100% so they are all triers.........Just imo Jepsen Jensen is a far better trier :t::rofl:

MJJ is a far better rider. Putting TW in the gps is like throwing a gold fish into the pacific ocean

• Like 2

I use to back Tai on everything. Riding for GB, when he would swear on TV & his "they ride like girls" comment. He would get smashed by all and sundry but I defended him & supported him. Then he joined Twitter and OMG.

Banged on about how great home was (Australia) dissed almost everything British / English, then topped that all off with he may not ride in Britain if he get a GP pick.

How on earth is any passionate Brit meant to react????

I have my reasons and would happily not see him in a GB race bib again. I still believe if he makes the top 8 in the GP's he'll be riding for Australia in the 2014 World Cup

Saying that, I'd still love to see him ride for my club King's Lynn week in week out. As a rider he's brilliant. I have no problem with that at all as were a rider comes from is irrelevant. Just doesn't sit right representing TeamGB for me

• Like 1

Why does he need " every single fan behind him he can get" to succeed?

Because he's not going to have many riders behind him, just the 3 in front each heat :o

ha ha...if you believe many on here then every rider gives 100% so they are all triers.........Just imo Jepsen Jensen is a far better trier :t::rofl:

Cuz you got wooshed!

• Like 1

Lets be honest though, he can't really do much worse than Bomber did, and that's no disrespect to him, we know what he is capable of. He's just had a bad couple of years.

Had a bad couple of years ?

Moved up from a 7.2 rider to just under nine points a match, taken over the #1 race jacket at Wolves ahead of Freddie Lindgren and has an average a point higher than any other Brit ...... I'd say apart from injuries Tai has had a decent 2011 and 2012.

The fifteen members of the GP series should be the fifteen best riders in the world, as nearly as possible. Tai may have great potential, but is he in that group of fifteen on merit?

Forget being a Wolves fan, coming from a speedway fan then I would say he is there on merit. A near 9 average in Britain and 123+15 points from 15 meetings in the Polish top league ...... not a bad record for a lad who turned just 22 in August

MJJ is a great talent and likely to be crowned World U21 Champion and scored a creditable 161+25 from 22 meetings in Poland and scored well in Sweden too ..... but he averaged just 6.54 in England and only really hit double figures three times after moving into the main body of the Panhers team. At 20 years of age his time will come .... but not just yet

I use to back Tai on everything. Then he joined Twitter and OMG.

Banged on about how great home was (Australia) dissed almost everything British / English, then topped that all off with he may not ride in Britain if he get a GP pick.

I still believe if he makes the top 8 in the GP's he'll be riding for Australia in the 2014 World Cup

Saying that, I'd still love to see him ride for my club King's Lynn week in week out. As a rider he's brilliant. I have no problem with that at all as were a rider comes from is irrelevant. Just doesn't sit right representing TeamGB for me

Sadly my fear is that he may well sit out riding in England next year ...... think a lot may depend on who is backing him finacially as he may need the support of a good British sponsor.

As for riding for Team Australia ...... Tai wants that British title and although he is good mates with the Turbo Twins and a number of Aussies, I dont think you will see him switch sides at all.

Tai may or may not be riding for Wolves next season ..... he may well ride elsewhere !! ..... but I wish him the best for the GP Series and he knows as weall do that it's going to be very tough as ALL 15 in the Series next year are capable of beating each other ..... but he will give it a good go and may not make the top 8 but he will add some spice to the Series :blink:;)

Edited by T.N.T.

What has MJJ's UK form got to do with anything, It's his first season in the UK.

What did Woffinden average in his first year in the UK?

UK tracks are pretty unique, Even Emil struggled on them.

Compare there Swedish and Polish form as they have had a similar amount of time together.

Jepsen Jensen has a higher Swedish+Polish average than Lindgren nevermind Woffinden.

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Racing

Didnt realise Tai scored that well in Poland, fair play to him for that.

• Like 1

Jensen has proved his worth on the World scene as a very capable asset to the series,I don't see how anyone could think that Woffinden is a better pick,he's not in the top 15 in the World and not in on merit.Also MJJ didn't exactly go into the qualifier with the best preparation,clearly someone was out to get him

I'm pretty sure you'll find Woffinden is in or will be in the Monster fold,(he share's the same sponsors as the TT's)if they have any influence in Wildcards it's not a good way for things to go surely??

This is nothing personal against Tai,great rider,I just feel others would have been more worthy of a chance and we should see new riders in the series,Tai now gets a second bite of the cherry and I'm sure he'll make the most of it,

Anyhow I'm pretty sure he won't worry too much as afterall it says across his knuckles "DILLIGAF"

• Like 1

TNT, Instead of posting the points they have scored.

Post the averages as It's much more clear.

Michael Jepsen Jensen: 7.71 in Poland

Tai Woffinden: 7.09 in Poland

• Like 1