British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe V Somerset (play-off Final, 2nd Leg), ***now Re-staged Monday, October 29th (7.30pm)***

BBC Look North, the local news programme on after the main news, had a short piece last night and showed the track. It was more like a swimming pool on bend 3/4. Also interviewed 2 understandably upset Rebel supporters on the coach, it was a pity they did not interview Rob Godfrey or Richard Hollingsworth to hear their side of things.

BBC Look North, the local news programme on after the main news, had a short piece last night and showed the track. It was more like a swimming pool on bend 3/4. Also interviewed 2 understandably upset Rebel supporters on the coach, it was a pity they did not interview Rob Godfrey or Richard Hollingsworth to hear their side of things.

yeah that was me interviewed in the white top, it was also shown on the news down south.

p.s. sorry if my ugly mug scared you :D

• Like 1

yeah that was me interviewed in the white top, it was also shown on the news down south.

p.s. sorry if my ugly mug scared you :D

Are any of you guys able to make it back up today?

Maybe a massive outbreak of sickness in the Somerset area resulting in 200 people all needing a half day off work sick and nice recouperation in the fresh air of Scunthorpe :P

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

cant see us having a chance of holding on to our 5 points with richard hall as guest needed someone as a proven number 1(no disrespect to richard)

Are any of you guys able to make it back up today?

Maybe a massive outbreak of sickness in the Somerset area resulting in 200 people all needing a half day off work sick and nice recouperation in the fresh air of Scunthorpe :P

All the best

Rob

I would say there will be no more than maybe 10, some stayec up there in a b&b. I myself would have come up as i live in brum but don't finish 5.00

I would say there will be no more than maybe 10, some stayec up there in a b&b. I myself would have come up as i live in brum but don't finish 5.00

That's a shame. There were a good smattering of Scunny fans on Friday, but the weather has conspired against there being a following Somerset following tonight. The bloody rain has a lot to answer for this year.

All the best

Rob

I'm gonna play the devils advocate selfish card here. After attending every meeting at EWR this season and also making several trips away, when I found out the Mrs had booked a weekend away in Barcelona 26th-28th Oct without asking me, to say I was gutted was an understatement. When landing back and arriving home i found out the meeting was off, I guess I was the only Scorps fan who jumped for joy coz I'll certainly be there tonight :) Only worry is, im North Bank and it's just started to rain heavily near Humber Bridge about 12 miles from the track............not again??

I feel very sorry for the Rebels fans who paid about £28 each for the coach, which obviously could not be rearranged for tonight.

More like April weather- Sun, light shower, sun , light shower, blue sky again at the moment fingers crossed it stays that way

Any more weather updates? Forecast now for 'light' rain so how is it? I will have to set off in the mext half hour or so.

Fingers crossed for a great, safe meeting and a Scorpions win!.

These playoffs are a real winner. They seem to have generated massive crowds which was the only point wasn't it?

Overcast but drying at the moment, weather is coming from your direction so hopefully dry York way?

I've been here since about 3.45 and had you asked me then I have said that it was unlikely tonight will go ahead. However substantial track work has continued since then, and I am sure will continue up to start time, but providing there's no rain I would be confident that it'll be ok. The track looks a whole let better than it did some 90 minutes ago.