British Speedway Forum
spittalbandit

Berwick V Rye Sat 27th Oct

You will indeed , though the Bandits scarf was returned to it's rightful owner :D

I saw the picture on Facebook, good on you mate. Like me wearing the Tigers race jacket in the bar, after the recent meeting at Ashfield....its all fun and banter. The way it should be :cheers:

• Like 3

Hard lines for yesterday boyz if no for the injuries we would be in the play offs but another good season especialy with the 4tt cup

Hard lines for yesterday boyz if no for the injuries we would be in the play offs but another good season especialy with the 4tt cup

Is that a serious comment? We were 2nd bottom before all the injuries, its a joke that people use the injuries as an excuse for this season, the team was not good enough from the start, thats the top and bottom of it it. The fours was brilliant, and just proved what a good top 4 we had, that was it, the other 3 werent up to it, with the exception of Edberg at times who could only really score at home, nothing away.

• Like 2

Is that a serious comment? We were 2nd bottom before all the injuries, its a joke that people use the injuries as an excuse for this season,

Second bottom when Smith and Barnfield were hurt? As an observer, I'd say your posts appear to display some (personal?) vitriol towards the management at Berwick, which is surely not needed when the club is in a parlous financial state.

Do you want them to spend funds they clearly don't have to buy you next year's title?

Or get the club solvent, running and attracting the respect of BSPA and FIM with their improvements?

• Like 3

Second bottom when Smith and Barnfield were hurt? As an observer, I'd say your posts appear to display some (personal?) vitriol towards the management at Berwick, which is surely not needed when the club is in a parlous financial state.

Do you want them to spend funds they clearly don't have to buy you next year's title?

Or get the club solvent, running and attracting the respect of BSPA and FIM with their improvements?

Wish people would stop including Smith and Barnfield as excuses .Clearly the replacements were no worse.we got conned by the German and that started the troubled season regarding team strength. Season is over now lets move on.Ricky was Bandit of the year IMO and he was Kozza's replacement !!!

Wish people would stop including Smith and Barnfield as excuses .Clearly the replacements were no worse.we got conned by the German and that started the troubled season regarding team strength. Season is over now lets move on.Ricky was Bandit of the year IMO and he was Kozza's replacement !!!

Its not really an excuse to be fair, they did actually get injured, and it did affect the dynamic of the Berwick side.

As good as Ashworth was, and he was, a fit Smith and Barnfield means you could in theory start with Bellego at reserve, and don’t then have to sign Hertrich, King, Jacobsen, Tomiceck etc during the course of the season.

Looking back over last season, the injuries to both did impact Berwick over the year.

• Like 1

Is that a serious comment? We were 2nd bottom before all the injuries, its a joke that people use the injuries as an excuse for this season, the team was not good enough from the start, thats the top and bottom of it it. The fours was brilliant, and just proved what a good top 4 we had, that was it, the other 3 werent up to it, with the exception of Edberg at times who could only really score at home, nothing away.

Yes I went to Hoddeson from Coventry yesterday. The other problem Berwick had was fact that for different reasons the two Guests at No 1 scored 10 between them over the two legs so sadly that does not win Cups.I don't know emilali but as I follow Berwick comments on Forum I have to say some of his/her material is ok and often close to truth but at other times all lot of remarks seem to indicate someone at the club has maybe rubbed him/her up wrong way in past!!

Its not really an excuse to be fair, they did actually get injured, and it did affect the dynamic of the Berwick side.

As good as Ashworth was, and he was, a fit Smith and Barnfield means you could in theory start with Bellego at reserve, and don’t then have to sign Hertrich, King, Jacobsen, Tomiceck etc during the course of the season.

Looking back over last season, the injuries to both did impact Berwick over the year.

Bellego 1match at Scunny in March was the problem. It left us with less than 5pts to find a replacement for the German or was that not the case.? Barnfield was worth a punt but what I saw of him he would have been hard pushed to finish with a 5pt average.But thats history.Herrtrich was on a 5 if I remember right. Edited by Fromafar

Bellego 1match at Scunny in March was the problem. It left us with less than 5pts to find a replacement for the German or was that not the case.? Barnfield was worth a punt but what I saw of him he would have been hard pushed to finish with a 5pt average.But thats history.Herrtrich was on a 5 if I remember right.

Of course it is, that’s an obvious statement.

Losing you’re a heat leader and a decent talent before a wheal is turned is just as much a problem as any other trough the year, to gloss it over as an excuse is just nonsense IMO.

Of course it is, that’s an obvious statement.

Losing you’re a heat leader and a decent talent before a wheal is turned is just as much a problem as any other trough the year, to gloss it over as an excuse is just nonsense IMO.

OK, I take you are referring to Barnfield regarding the decent talent.Replacing him with another decent talent was the problem.Bellego would have had to be in the top 5 for May anyway if it was between Him, Edberg and Barnfield from what I saw on track.

Mon the Mighties!!!!!

Great comments as usual by the lads, signing duff riders (which we did) at key times, messing up the averages, this has happened before. Aye we missed Kozza high fiving the adoring Berwick public but he's wasn't Ricky's or Nick Morris's class and Seb Alden is about as reliable when it matters as Chris Harris. I'm not even going to bother with Barnfield but as usual Berwick's finest making there excuses because there team FAILED on track as a 7 man team.

• Like 1

Injuries played their part in Berwicks poor PL position,no doubt that but its utter rubbish to say they were the only reason,Im afraid the table doesnt lie,Berwick finished where they deserved to finish,as did every other club.Take Newcastle they were hit by injuries,losing their biggest scorer at the start of the season,yet finished top of the league.

Kozza Smith was lost before a wheel had been turned,Ashworth replaced him and IMO we were stronger for it,no dis-respect to Smith.Hertrich left the club as did Sitera,their replacements were Tomicek and King,and Im afraid they just were not up to it,Tomicek was fine as a reserve but struggled when at no2,while King struggled virtually every meeting.

Also our away form wasnt good enough,the inability to claim points away from Shielfield meant that we needed to get more full point victories at home,and we didnt.

For all that there were bright spots,Robin Aspegren for one,I hope Berwick will do all they can to get him for next season,no doubt there will be competition for his signature but Im sure he was happy with so thats at least a start.Nicki Barrett is another who came in and did reasonably well,especially at reserve,add those two to Ashworth and Alden and you have a good start to next years team.

• Like 5

Mon the Mighties!!!!!

Great comments as usual by the lads, signing duff riders (which we did) at key times, messing up the averages, this has happened before. Aye we missed Kozza high fiving the adoring Berwick public but he's wasn't Ricky's or Nick Morris's class and Seb Alden is about as reliable when it matters as Chris Harris. I'm not even going to bother with Barnfield but as usual Berwick's finest making there excuses because there team FAILED on track as a 7 man team.

More dribble why not have a shot a beeing manager look at all the hurt riders we lost nearly all our team this season and still won a big cup.The promotion gave us all we ask for we wanted new riders and we got them

Realy cant wait for friday I hope we get some good news for next year

• Like 1

Injuries played their part in Berwicks poor PL position,no doubt that but its utter rubbish to say they were the only reason,Im afraid the table doesnt lie,Berwick finished where they deserved to finish,as did every other club.Take Newcastle they were hit by injuries,losing their biggest scorer at the start of the season,yet finished top of the league.

Kozza Smith was lost before a wheel had been turned,Ashworth replaced him and IMO we were stronger for it,no dis-respect to Smith.Hertrich left the club as did Sitera,their replacements were Tomicek and King,and Im afraid they just were not up to it,Tomicek was fine as a reserve but struggled when at no2,while King struggled virtually every meeting.

Also our away form wasnt good enough,the inability to claim points away from Shielfield meant that we needed to get more full point victories at home,and we didnt.

For all that there were bright spots,Robin Aspegren for one,I hope Berwick will do all they can to get him for next season,no doubt there will be competition for his signature but Im sure he was happy with so thats at least a start.Nicki Barrett is another who came in and did reasonably well,especially at reserve,add those two to Ashworth and Alden and you have a good start to next years team.

Some good points made. Mind you no matter what you say there are a couple of regular posters on this Berwick section who would be delighted to see Berwick fall flat on their face!

For next season, who knows?

Maybe only 9 or 10 teams and if that is so make it league only with 2 home and 2 away against all teams. If you want a play off make it like Elite League with top four in semi then final. If you want a consolation cup make it next four. Other major concern is lack of good British talent. Many of the leading lads in Academy League have been used late season by clubs and the gulf is there mainly because they are pitched in for only 1 or 2 matches. Is it time to bring back the rule where Premier clubs must include a 3 point rider (British) at reserve in declared line up?

Some good points made. Mind you no matter what you say there are a couple of regular posters on this Berwick section who would be delighted to see Berwick fall flat on their face!

For next season, who knows?

Maybe only 9 or 10 teams and if that is so make it league only with 2 home and 2 away against all teams. If you want a play off make it like Elite League with top four in semi then final. If you want a consolation cup make it next four. Other major concern is lack of good British talent. Many of the leading lads in Academy League have been used late season by clubs and the gulf is there mainly because they are pitched in for only 1 or 2 matches. Is it time to bring back the rule where Premier clubs must include a 3 point rider (British) at reserve in declared line up?

I agree with the British rider included. Both Sweden and Poland have this rule and its not really a surprise they actually produce young exciting riders.