British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Dudley - Weds 24th October - Please Read - NOW AT KINGS LYNN

- IMPORTANT UPDATE PLEASE NOTE -

The 2nd leg of the Play Off Final between Mildenhall and Dudley will now be held tomorrow Wednesday 24th October at Kings Lynn, with a 7.30 start.

Unfortunately the Mildenhall track is unrideable and there are no other available dates to the promotion.

Can you please spread this amongst any speedway friends you know who do not have internet access

Thanks Phil, now as you all are aware, i have always said Mildenhall are favourites, this completely changes things around, because Kings Lynn will suit some of the Heathens riders much more than Mildenhall does, definately Tom Perry will for one, so now i will say there are NO favourites, and its either Teams to win, havent been to KL for about 20 years, that was on a lovely sunny sunday afternoon, i guess this will be a lot different :lol: .

Whats the admission price for this please?

Thanks Phil, now as you all are aware, i have always said Mildenhall are favourites, this completely changes things around, because Kings Lynn will suit some of the Heathens riders much more than Mildenhall does, definately Tom Perry will for one, so now i will say there are NO favourites, and its either Teams to win, havent been to KL for about 20 years, that was on a lovely sunny sunday afternoon, i guess this will be a lot different :lol: .

You haven't seen Stefan Nielsen ride King's Lynn. He's almost unbeatable round there.

To be fair, it does even things up a bit.

Real shame for the Fen Tigers home crowd.

The only good news I might be able to make that when I couldn't get to West Row.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Any other "good news" for us, HT? Will "the legs" be out? ;)

I imagine it'd be the normal £12, Baggy.

An interesting decision, and one I suspect has been a possibility for a little while, hence why the rain-off tickets from the Stoke match aren't valid for this match.

It definitely gives the Dudley side the favourite tags. A lot of pressure on Mildenhall to keep it close tonight, I feel.

You haven't seen Stefan Nielsen ride King's Lynn. He's almost unbeatable round there.

To be fair, it does even things up a bit.

Real shame for the Fen Tigers home crowd.

The only good news I might be able to make that when I couldn't get to West Row.

So are you saying he isnt going to be beat ? :wink:

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :wink:

To answer your question Greyhoundp about the weather, it will be 5 degrees colder than anywhere else and Halifaxtiger won't be crazy enough to wear his shorts. I think that says it all :rofl:

Just to confirm prices -

From the BSPA website - Kings Lynn press release

Gates at the Norfolk Arena will open at 6:30pm with action getting underway from 7:30pm.

Admission Prices: Adults £12,

Concessions £11,

Kids 15 & Under £FREE.

Souvenir Programme £2.50

Edited by PhilK

80p per race rather than 50p per race tonight. Blatant profiteering. Baggy must be on a cut to drum up some neutral support. :rofl::P:rofl:

Real shame for any 'home' fans that can't make it now. :( It's not too far though. I'm gussing a similar distance as if we had to go to Brandon instead(?) so hopefully most can make the journey. Luckily from our perspective the distance must be almost exactly the same so shouldn't affect travelling support.

You could make a case for it suiting a couple of Heathens riders, but I'm not sure all would feel the same. And whatever our lads think it doesn't mean the Mildenhall lads aren't perfectly happy aruond there.

Dudley now big favourites me thinks !

They get one home and one away , Mildenhall get 2 away meetings to try to overcome the Heathens

Should be no contest now with The Tigers already weakened more than the opposition !

Will unfortunately not be able to make this now but will be willing the Tigers to overcome this disadvantage from home !

Why do you reckon mildy are weakend more than the heathens! Surely its about the same aint it, both missing riders with similar averages

• Like 1

All this about The Heathens being favourites is absolute nonsense, Garrity, Nielsen, Jacobs are all at the TOP of there form, Halsey is an hot and cold rider, never know what you are going to get, Bates hopefully fully fit is a great prospect, and Terry-Daley is about the same as Jww.

The Heathens Roynon, Perry, Morris the later two are not such good gaters as your guys, Greenwood not gating as well as earlier in the season,and Ritchings same applies to him as to Halsey, but from race to race. This is tooo close to call, there are no favourites now, it will be on THE night, I will be surprised if there are 10 points in this overall after the 2 legs.

Should be going to this now it's at King's Lynn - can't really say no to an extra meeting at my nearest track. Hope all Mildenhall fans can be reached or hear the news, and most can still make it.

Now... who to support, that is the question ;)

I assume this meeting is being run as a Mildenhall home meeting so why are the rain off tickets now not being honoured as per the Mildenhall website? Since the meeting has been moved there has been no announcement re the rain off tickets. I will feel royally ripped off if they are not taken for tonight

Edited by westhamboy66

It does seem strange. re; the re-admission tickets, but promoters do seem to be able to pick and choose when they honour them, to a certain extent. What surprised me was that Mildenhall were offering discounted, but not free admission to the re-arranged Stoke NT match, the original of which was abandoned after heat 5. It always used to be that re-admission tickets were valid for FREE admission to a future meeting if a meeting was abandoned before heat six. Perhaps things have changed since I stopped going regularly?!

Anyway, tonight will be a tough ask for Mildenhall to turn the tie around. Having said that, Scunthorpe won the first leg by 30 last year, but only held on by a point overall, so you never know. Mildenhall have seemed to be able to pull out a result when they've most needed it this season, and seem a better side than last year, to me.

If they could win the title, it would cap a very successful season for them. However, even if they dont manage it tonight, it has still been a very successful 2012 season. KO Cup winners, 4TT and Pairs champs, and almost certain to add the National Trophy too. Another very very good season for Mildenhall.