British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Dudley - Weds 24th October - Please Read - NOW AT KINGS LYNN

I assume this meeting is being run as a Mildenhall home meeting so why are the rain off tickets now not being honoured as per the Mildenhall website? Since the meeting has been moved there has been no announcement re the rain off tickets. I will feel royally ripped off if they are not taken for tonight

It did say on the Mildenhall website that the rain-off tickets could NOT be used even prior to the fixture being switched to King's Lynn.

Whether that is a legally binding action I'm not sure, because it's not a BSPA shared event, and this meeting falls into the category of the written rain-off rules in the programme.

I guess they'll have to be used next Wednesday for the rearranged meeting against Stoke......or will they? The Mildenhall site also said that no further dates were available at West Row, so did that mean that as there's a fixture next week, the meeting against Dudley couldn't be held there too?

Anyway forgetting all that, lets hope for a good Fen Tigers fight back tonight, and as they are more local to me than Dudley, I hope they pull off what looks to be the near impossible. The clashes between Adam Roynon and the Stefan Nielsen/Jason Garrity duo should be something a little bit special.

The weather 13-miles from the track is just holding in there. It's quite foggy at times with the occasional light drizzle thrown in, but it doesn't look that threatening, just make sure you wear some very warm clothes.

For the benefit of any KIng's Lynn fans that are coming, I'm told that there will be a fully stocked shop of both 'Fen Tigers' and 'Stars' merchandise on sale, along with all the general speedway stuff such as books and 2013 Calendars, ready for your Christmas stocking fillers.

Ive always been an elite league follower but am desperate to get my fix in before the end of the season!

Lynn is only an hour up the road from me so I have a few questions as ive never watched national league...

Is the racing competitive? I know its not going to be elite league fast but is it good racing to watch?

Last premier league meeting was full of crashes and falls and was a bit of a shame - is national league like this too?

It did say on the Mildenhall website that the rain-off tickets could NOT be used even prior to the fixture being switched to King's Lynn.

Whether that is a legally binding action I'm not sure, because it's not a BSPA shared event, and this meeting falls into the category of the written rain-off rules in the programme.

I guess they'll have to be used next Wednesday for the rearranged meeting against Stoke......or will they? The Mildenhall site also said that no further dates were available at West Row, so did that mean that as there's a fixture next week, the meeting against Dudley couldn't be held there too?

Anyway forgetting all that, lets hope for a good Fen Tigers fight back tonight, and as they are more local to me than Dudley, I hope they pull off what looks to be the near impossible. The clashes between Adam Roynon and the Stefan Nielsen/Jason Garrity duo should be something a little bit special.

The weather 13-miles from the track is just holding in there. It's quite foggy at times with the occasional light drizzle thrown in, but it doesn't look that threatening, just make sure you wear some very warm clothes.

For the benefit of any KIng's Lynn fans that are coming, I'm told that there will be a fully stocked shop of both 'Fen Tigers' and 'Stars' merchandise on sale, along with all the general speedway stuff such as books and 2013 Calendars, ready for your Christmas stocking fillers.

Yes forgetting all that ....why forget all that? as you say it contradicts what it says in the programme which is a rip off. So sod em i'll stay at home and they lose my twelve quid makes complete sense but thats speedway no wonder people lose interest. I can only get shafted so many times and i'm rapidly getting to that limit

Ive always been an elite league follower but am desperate to get my fix in before the end of the season!

Lynn is only an hour up the road from me so I have a few questions as ive never watched national league...

Is the racing competitive? I know its not going to be elite league fast but is it good racing to watch?

Last premier league meeting was full of crashes and falls and was a bit of a shame - is national league like this too?

National League racing is brilliant, well a large percentage of it is. Try and make the journey, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

NL racing is so much more competitive than EL in my opinion. The lads give it everything, and the racing is more often than not closely fought. Sure you'll get the odd fall/mistake but you can get this at any level. I think if more EL/PL fans tried watching NL racing i'm sure most would be pleasantly surprised.

If you do decide to go along it would be great if you could come on afterwards and tell us what you thought of it? :t:

National League racing is brilliant, well a large percentage of it is. Try and make the journey, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Have to agree with Mimmo, each of the leagues has brilliant riding, I love watching them all including the Development Leagues and Youth meetings. Just wish I could be there tonight.

• Like 1

National league racing is competitive you won't be disappointed. Even with no Perry and Adam Kirby in the team, I don't think the Heathens are out of it, and with the fantastic team spirit we can do this. Come on the Heathens

Mildenhall 54 Dudley 39, 91-90 on aggregate

• Like 1

Hmmm i will await reports, a very confused ending, but seems Roynon injured again in the last Heat, I wont offer my congratulations Yet, not before i see a video of the meeting. Commiserations to The Heathens Riders, and My fellow Fans, this is hard to take.Think there will be lots of heated debate ahead.

Edited by greyhoundp

Such a shame I couldn't make this meeting !

Encounters between the Tigers and Heathens are definitely never dull .

First and foremost I hope Adam Roynon is not badly hurt and makes a quick recovery .

Secondly , all predictions I made on this meeting certainly didn't take into consideration the inclusion of Lewis Blackbird in Mildenhalls side . I was stunned when I saw him on the team sheet .

Who was the referee for this meeting ? As whoever it was appears ( according to Heathens fans ) to have made up for last night's refs gaffes against the Tigers .

Anyway , a massive well done to Mildenhall on being crowned league champions !

Weather permitting I'm hoping to be at the Nat Trophy match on 31st v Stoke to see the trophys being paraded ! ( sorry , I'm assuming this is pencilled in ? )

Edited by Super Blue

Arhhh groundhoundp, that seems very petty not offering your congratulations, wrong or right decision, mildenhall are the champions over the course of a whole season and not because of 1 race/decision!

Make sure you wash that dummy after its been on the ground!

Also best wishes to royno, the lad is a class rider who deserves some good fortune

Arhhh groundhoundp, that seems very petty not offering your congratulations, wrong or right decision, mildenhall are the champions over the course of a whole season and not because of 1 race/decision!

Make sure you wash that dummy after its been on the ground!

Also best wishes to royno, the lad is a class rider who deserves some good fortune

Except in this case it culminated in, 1 race & 1 Decision.