British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Dudley - Weds 24th October - Please Read - NOW AT KINGS LYNN

Except in this case it culminated in, 1 race & 1 Decision.

The ref could have chosen to exclude Nielsen, had they felt that to be the appropriate decision. They'll have known what was at stake and that the losing side would have been angry about it.

You'd have happily taken victory if the circumstances, the decision and result had been the other way around.

To be fair, Dudley are a very good side and their time for winning trophies will come - just as Mildenhall lost out last year in the league and have their moment now.

Edited by neil3065
  • Like 2

The fact mildenhall raced both legs away from home means the better team won over 2 legs.

Trying to blame 1 decision over 30 races seems to be clutching at straws abit!

The fact dudley had 1 home leg and mildenhall didnt means you should of took advantage of that and been far enough ahead not to rely on 1 race!

Do not get some of the Dudley fans (on various sites and at track tonight) saying Stefan should of been excluded. Roynon looked like he lost control off his bike clipped Stefan on bend 4 and Stefans bike when straight into Roynon. Just sounds like sour grapes! Back to the racing now....it was super and very enjoyable and glad the Tigers came out on top. hope Roynon injury is not as bad as I have heard as he is an excellent rider

Fentiger your champions over a playoff final, we were best in league overall i think, u had the luck with sum bad injuries to key riders for us, perry n bekker we wouldnt of had no problems. Well done anyway, take ya luck.

How long have u been able to crash into a rider and not get excluded, crazy and dangerous move it was, as roynon is now feeling it

Are you for real fen, we were missing 2nd best rider in the league and byron, where we had to av a novice in, where you was full strength, and struggled to beat us. So at full strength, pretty obvious wud av been different

Lets hope dudley go prem next year, get out rhis league. We av done our time in national league, time to move up

Fentiger your champions over a playoff final, we were best in league overall i think, u had the luck with sum bad injuries to key riders for us, perry n bekker we wouldnt of had no problems. Well done anyway, take ya luck.

How long have u been able to crash into a rider and not get excluded, crazy and dangerous move it was, as roynon is now feeling it

Are you for real fen, we were missing 2nd best rider in the league and byron, where we had to av a novice in, where you was full strength, and struggled to beat us. So at full strength, pretty obvious wud av been different

Lets hope dudley go prem next year, get out rhis league. We av done our time in national league, time to move up

How long have you been able to crash into a rider and not be excluded ?

Ask Chris Holder that question !!?

• Like 1

Except in this case it culminated in, 1 race & 1 Decision.

Thankfully after last night's fiasco, the right decision was made.

They were recording the meeting from near the ref's box, and the referee was able to view the recording several times before making the correct decision.

Disappointed for Roynon in that his excellent season has come to such a nasty ending.

Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

Congrats to Mildenhall - awesome display tonight with everyone doing their bit. What a difference a year and a day makes! ;)

Fantastic achievement to win the title on 2 away tracks!

Edited by MrMungo
  • Like 1

Haha your reply is superb, you should be on at the comedy store!!!!

That reply is pretty par for the course, although I am a little surprised (and disappointed) at GP. The comments on face book last night were unbelievable - crap referees, poor decisions, being robbed, stupid play off system, rubbish NL and Mildenhall cheats (despite the fact that virtually everyone commenting wasn't at the meeting).

There wasn't one single word of plaudit for Mildenhall (and that includes from Stoke fans) and hardly a word about the fantastic effort by the Heathens to get so close with so weakened a team.

I haven't seen the decision yet either, so I won't comment on its accuracy.

That won't stop me offering my sincere congratulations to the Fen Tigers and, in particular, to all my old mates at West Row who stuck with the team during the dark days of 2006-11. True supporters who totally deserve this.

• Like 1

That reply is pretty par for the course, although I am a little surprised (and disappointed) at GP. The comments on face book last night were unbelievable - crap referees, poor decisions, being robbed, stupid play off system, rubbish NL and Mildenhall cheats (despite the fact that virtually everyone commenting wasn't at the meeting).

There wasn't one single word of plaudit for Mildenhall (and that includes from Stoke fans) and hardly a word about the fantastic effort by the Heathens to get so close with so weakened a team.

I haven't seen the decision yet either, so I won't comment on its accuracy.

That won't stop me offering my sincere congratulations to the Fen Tigers and, in particular, to all my old mates at West Row who stuck with the team during the dark days of 2006-11. True supporters who totally deserve this.

What Stoke fans have got to do with this I don't know. Why your problem with Stoke fans? You make loads of comments and I'm sure at some stage you have said something passable about Stoke but I'm not prepared to bet on it; anyway, two excellent teams battling it out and to go to one point was the best finish that the season could of had. Really is a massive downer with Adam and the way it finished for him. Hope the Potters and the rest of the teams next year get competitive line -ups as it's the only way forward for this league.

With regards to injuries we have had our fair share this season.Just happeneds that your injuries to riders have unfortunately come right at the end of the season.

For the millionth time.He didn't crash into him.I have no idea what some of you are watching.Was as clear as day that Stefan was on the outside of Adam.Adam tried to block the move but unfortunately miss timed it and hit into Stef.

The ref did the correct thing and looked at the recording to make the decision.I think you should do the same when the DVD gets released.

You post very similar to someone on the Dudley facebook page.If you are the same person,you have no right to bring up people cheering riders falls.If you aren't the same then I apologise but you post identical.

Anyway best wishes to Adam Roynon.No luck at all.

well done to the lads from both teams who got on with it on a difficult track.

Congrats though to the Mildenhall boys.Have done us proud all season.Chuffed to bits.

• Like 1

Congratz to Mildenhall :cheers:

As a neutral last night, all I went to see was some good racing and wasn't too bothered who won the league myself. Sadly, the rain did spoil the conditions and the racing wasn't too good early on, but hats off to all the riders for going out there and racing on it. Whenever anyone moved to the outside, there was always that risk of someone falling off!

Heat 13 was my race of the night. Was a pretty good ride by Stefan Nielsen. The incident in heat 15 involving Roynon, Nielsen and Morris was just an unfortunate accident. It was good that the ref had footage to watch back cos it all happened so fast that even I couldn't remember who was exactly where on the track and I was stood right in front of where it all happened. All I could remember was Nielsen being in a Dudley sandwich! Dudley were on a 5-1 out of the gate, but for some of the Heathens fans to say that they were cheated out of the result to my dad on our exit seemed a bit much. In heat 15 it was all or nothing. Roynon and Morris knew what they needed to do and Nielsen knew what he needed to do. He was close enough to the pair to try and get past them, so he made his move. You wouldn't expect anyone to do anything less. Mildenhall needed a 3-3 at least and both sides knew this and what was at stake. Yes, it is sad that it all ended in that way, but sometimes that's what happens in speedway - riders give it a real go and sometimes they or others get hurt in the process.

I wish Adam a speedy recovery. He never seems to get lucky on track!

• Like 1

As a neutral, it really didn't matter to me one way or the other who won, as I have friends in both camps, and it's such a terrible shame that some people have posted inaccurate and bitter statements on Facebook.

Adam Roynon is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet in speedway, and a terrific talent. However, with regards to Heat 15, I would urge those people that are slagging Stefan Nielsen off to obtain a copy of the DVD, then you'll change your minds about who was to blame for the accident.

Thankfully both riders escaped without crippling or life threatening injuries, which is the main thing all supporters should be grateful for, whether you be from Dudley or Mildenhall, although I understand Adam has a possible broken ankle or leg.

Quite why the group of Dudley fans that left the stadium prior to the re-run of Heat 15, felt the need to throw abuse (two fingers and swearing) at the man that was running the track shop, beggars belief, as he was only sitting doing his job, and this doesn't paint a good picture of a certain section of the clubs fans, and I can only assume that they may have been the same people that caused problems that I read about at Mildenhall a few weeks ago. On the other side of the coin, a big pat on the back to those Dudley fans that I witnessed who went up to some of the female Mildenhall officials and congraulated them by means of a hug and kiss.

So, in conclusion, congratulations to both Dudley and Mildenhall for providing such entertainment throughout 2012, culminating in them both reaching the finals of the National League Play-Off's and KOC Cup. Congratulations also to Keith 'Buster' Chapman, who worked absolute miracles to provide a track for both teams to ply their trade on, I can't think of many that could have achieved that feat.

• Like 4

Top post Mimmo