British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilK

Mildenhall V Dudley - Weds 24th October - Please Read - NOW AT KINGS LYNN

Dont often post on here but as I was there last night as a neutral I feel I should.

First of all congratulations Mildenhall on the win overall, it was a tough fight back and when the 8-1 went against you in heat 11 I thought it was over so credit there for fighting to the end. Also a special mention to the track staff at Lynn and all riders for getting a meeting in last night.

For the first few heats I stood along the back straight and I see Kirby fall down on turn 3, now he was excluded which was a little unfortunate as he definately got a good bump which helped him go down. How ever the ref excluded him and that was it, next up was Morris on turn 1 now from our view it looked like he got pushed a bit wide and couldnt hold on how ever once we moved round to turn 1&2 and started talking to a couple of people they said he got bumped a bit too. So this was a bit unfortunate, turns out these couple of people were in fact Dudley fans and they both said its unfortunate but that probably evens things up from last night. (I obviously didnt see the meeting from the previous night so couldnt tell you if this was true or not) I would also add here when he didnt get up I remember seeing one fan jumping down the terrace right to the fence and was obviously shouting something at him and making a gesture

Anyway onto heat 15, both Dudley boys gated onto a 5-1 and Nielsen was left trailing but coming down the back straight and around turn 3 & 4 you could tell he was the quicker rider. From our view it looked like he was going to try pierce the gap but then as the riders exit you could see more clearly he was just going wider and was the quicker rider about to take over Roynon, unfortunately at this time Roynon was trying to close off the gap a bit but then the collision happened.

Now chatting to the same Dudley fans as before we were saying how on earth you could you say someone is directly at fault for that as it is a racing incident and it happens but we knew someone would have to be excluded. At this time we heard over the tannoy that the ref was looking at video footage and we was abit like hmm thats strange and an unusual step but understood because of the consequences. We then see the white light flashing which was the first time any exclusion light came on for heat 15. After a couple of minutes one of them got a text from a friend saying he had decided to exclude Nielsen but after viewing replays he changed his mind.

In my opinion the ref got it correct, how ever I dont get why he did not use video footage for other incidents.

What I will say is the support given to both teams was terrific, I go and watch the stars most weeks and can honestly say I have not heard support like that all season. It has made me want to go see a few more meetings with Dudley and Mildenhall featuring as it was a good atmosphere for a lot of the meeting and such passion that you dont see week in week out. Despite the weather and unusual ending it was a great meeting to watch as a neutral.

There was no rider with any malicious intent out there last night and all of the falls were accidents and not much you could do about it, the boys were going for it as they had worked for it all season. It was a great advert for National League speedway so please embrace it and not try and pick the bones out of it.

Well done to the fen tigers looking at the replays of the incident I have to ask one question.

The way roynon hit Nielsen he could be mistaken for nicki Pederson .

I wish him a speedy recovery with a nasty injury

Except Roynon didnt expect Nielsen to be there, and Nielsen was going for a gap between the Two, normal lines Nielsen would move out to the Fence, but he had cut back in.

Except Roynon didnt expect Nielsen to be there, and Nielsen was going for a gap between the Two, normal lines Nielsen would move out to the Fence, but he had cut back in.

I suspect, gp, that if Roynon had gone for a similar gap in between two Mildenhall riders and been knocked into and sent sprawling into the fence, you (and many others connected with Dudley) would be spitting feathers and wanting serious recriminations.

How Nielsen managed to get up and walk away from that, I'll never know.

If it had happened in a GP on Sky, the commentators would have demanded the authorities throw the book at the rider.

Edited by neil3065
  • Like 1

Having now seen the replays myself there was only person at fault and I'm afraid it was Roynon !

Although I'm genuinely sorry for his injuries they were rather self inflicted , he quite clearly flicked his tail end out at Stephan causing him to go over and ended up hitting the bike !

The decision to exclude Roynon was utterly correct it's just how that decision was made that's the question ?

Only the wonderful powers that be can decide if it was legal or fair !

• Like 1

White is Roynon and Blue Nielsen so assuming you mean Roynon at fault?

Best wishes to Adam Roynon for a speedy recovery, didn't realise it was the loose bike that brought him down, so unlucky.

I think Royno was at fault yes, but thats racing. The main talking point seems to be about the referee changing his mind after being influemced by someone who basically shouldn't have been anywhere near the referees box. Lets face it refs generally do not change their minds.

Get well soon Adam, surely the unluckiest rider in speedway, time to seriously consider his future in the sport after so many bad injuries I think.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson
  • Like 1

White takes out blue in my opinion. Neilsen has a good look then throws his body and back wheel into Roynon. Can't see how it could possibly be called any other way if the video was looked at.

My mistake, I meant to say Royno had a good look.

I wasn't there - did the light come on to exclude Nielsen?

Referees will often have an opinion as to who is at fault, which then alters with the benefit of replays. In the years I've been filming I've never known a single one to make an actual decision and then change it.

At NO time was a BLUE light on without being tedious I repeat no time did ref put blue light on only to change it to white I can't be clearer than that, I would like to know who was told the ref had chosen Stefan to be excluded ? Or is the dudley fans making mischief again (re: time of meeting).

I would urge all the doubters of whom should be excluded to go to anglia itv web and check out the filming of heat 15 clarifies it all

Go to this link and see ht15 from another angle

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/

Firstly, I would like to wish Adam Roynon a speedy recovery from yet another nasty injury. He is such a talent, as he has shown in all 3 leagues this season, and does not deserve such crappy luck. I also wish Tom Perry well.

It IS awful for the Dudley fans after losing by one point. There are a group of supporters who know exactly how you feel... yep, us Mildenhall fans! After the unforgettable struggle last season with Scunthorpe we came away devastated. But just look at us now. Dudley will get there rewards soon enough.

Heat 15 at Lynn was not an ordinary heat 15. The whole season depended on that race. All 4 riders were pumped up. None of the riders were gonna give an ounce to the opposition, this was sh*t or bust. Stefan went for a gap which may have been too small, we’ll never know. Adam saw Stefan coming and tried to shut the door. I think the slippery surface caused Adam’s bike to slide further than he intended. I believe the ref was bang on with the decision. No malice, just racing.

I attended both legs of the final and have to say it was great to see an abundance of young British talent on show. It’s exactly what the NL is about.

• Like 1

Firstly, I would like to wish Adam Roynon a speedy recovery from yet another nasty injury. He is such a talent, as he has shown in all 3 leagues this season, and does not deserve such crappy luck. I also wish Tom Perry well.

It IS awful for the Dudley fans after losing by one point. There are a group of supporters who know exactly how you feel... yep, us Mildenhall fans! After the unforgettable struggle last season with Scunthorpe we came away devastated. But just look at us now. Dudley will get there rewards soon enough.

Heat 15 at Lynn was not an ordinary heat 15. The whole season depended on that race. All 4 riders were pumped up. None of the riders were gonna give an ounce to the opposition, this was sh*t or bust. Stefan went for a gap which may have been too small, we’ll never know. Adam saw Stefan coming and tried to shut the door. I think the slippery surface caused Adam’s bike to slide further than he intended. I believe the ref was bang on with the decision. No malice, just racing.

I attended both legs of the final and have to say it was great to see an abundance of young British talent on show. It’s exactly what the NL is about.

You should post more often. Spot on. :approve:

At NO time was a BLUE light on without being tedious I repeat no time did ref put blue light on only to change it to white I can't be clearer than that, I would like to know who was told the ref had chosen Stefan to be excluded ? Or is the dudley fans making mischief again (re: time of meeting).

I would urge all the doubters of whom should be excluded to go to anglia itv web and check out the filming of heat 15 clarifies it all

Go to this link and see ht15 from another angle

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/

It is nothing to do with dudley fans making mischeif its fact!, Steffans mechanic told milldenhall management the ref had excluded stefan, everyone was aware of it and dudley even had Dan Greenwood ready with helmet on to replace the injured Roynon, then Mr Louis did his bit and the rest is history as they say - what makes it worse is Louis knew exactly what he had done with his smug grin on his face. The video shows that the ref made the right call but its the way that the call was made thats left a nasty taste in heathens fans mouths, and had the shoe been on the other foot mildy fans would feel exactly the same.

• Like 2

It is nothing to do with dudley fans making mischeif its fact!, Steffans mechanic told milldenhall management the ref had excluded stefan, everyone was aware of it and dudley even had Dan Greenwood ready with helmet on to replace the injured Roynon, then Mr Louis did his bit and the rest is history as they say - what makes it worse is Louis knew exactly what he had done with his smug grin on his face. The video shows that the ref made the right call but its the way that the call was made thats left a nasty taste in heathens fans mouths, and had the shoe been on the other foot mildy fans would feel exactly the same.

And how do you know this ? We've seen evidence of the actual heat and I think we agree the refs decision was correct,I want evidence of what you are saying not too much to ask and when I've seen evidence that the ref excluded Stefan then changed his mind I will have all the facts and then I can make an informed decision until then it's just he said/ she said etc

And how do you know this ? We've seen evidence of the actual heat and I think we agree the refs decision was correct,I want evidence of what you are saying not too much to ask and when I've seen evidence that the ref excluded Stefan then changed his mind I will have all the facts and then I can make an informed decision until then it's just he said/ she said etc

I know it because im Ashley Morris mechanic and i was stood next to stefans mechanic when it was all said, im not in the habit of making things up and telling lies - so now you have it - FACT!