British Speedway Forum
challenger

Berwick Survival.

I find those who constantly go on about the track a tad sad. :D

Unless the devil is in the detail its looks the BSPA have taken 3 days to change nothing.

Agree totally Screm,you could say that they took the weekend to achieve the status quo. We should be glad of the forward think that is put forward on here cause thats as far as it will get no wonder the fans walk away.

First signing should be Kozza if fit and available cause at least he knows how to promote speedway to the fans the youngsters luv him(and a few of the oldies) :t:

• Like 2

Agree totally Screm,you could say that they took the weekend to achieve the status quo. We should be glad of the forward think that is put forward on here cause thats as far as it will get no wonder the fans walk away.

First signing should be Kozza if fit and available cause at least he knows how to promote speedway to the fans the youngsters luv him(and a few of the oldies) :t:

Kozza won the Australian longtrack championship so he must be fit. :drink:

• Like 1

BSPA have really pulled out all the stops this time :rolleyes:

The sport needs some major changes, doesn't look like they are going to happen.

Might take a day or two before we see the details,but from the BSPA statement Id have like to have seen changes.Theres no mention of the end of season competition for the teams not good enough to be in a play-off place,which is one positive at least.

So our track isn't so bad then?

Don't get to excited Edinburgh won it last year.

Berwick track has improved no end. Slag edinburgh all you want but speak to any rider and see what they say about a Doc Bridget prepared circuit

Looks like the Long HOT Summer theory was the path they have decided on :blink:

Looks like the Long HOT Summer theory was the path they have decided on :blink:

The sports finished! Slowly declining - I give it 5 more years max!!

For a reason, it's an excellently prepared track....

Dont have much a problem with the initial release on the BSPA site, the overhaul needed doesn't relate to the rules and basics of the sport IMO.

Dont have much a problem with the initial release on the BSPA site, the overhaul needed doesn't relate to the rules and basics of the sport IMO.

I might have to disagree with you on this one.

At the very least the tactical rule had to be dropped. It's the one thing that was noticed by the friends that I took along this year. It seriously undermines the sport.

If this season has been as bad as publicised - and I've no reason to doubt that - then there are big changes required to the sport in general.

Time will be the test though...

• Like 1

I might have to disagree with you on this one.

At the very least the tactical rule had to be dropped. It's the one thing that was noticed by the friends that I took along this year. It seriously undermines the sport.

If this season has been as bad as publicised - and I've no reason to doubt that - then there are big changes required to the sport in general.

Time will be the test though...

Next season is a crunch one, I can see why they have went for the safe option, as easy as it is to brush over it, the weather was a massive factor last season, from reading over the feedback alot of the issues the "die hards" seem to have are meeting length and presentation related, alot of that is club by club related, you could bring in a rule which says "track has to have this much dirt" or "meeting must be run in x amount of time" but very difficult to implement.

Kind weather, couple of decent meetings and races, that's what people WANT to see that's what the sport fundamentally is, the rest is just minor detail and tinkering, in my opinion, it's sound simple, but maybe the solution is rather than the rubiks cube it can be made out to be.

Next season is a crunch one, I can see why they have went for the safe option, as easy as it is to brush over it, the weather was a massive factor last season, from reading over the feedback alot of the issues the "die hards" seem to have are meeting length and presentation related, alot of that is club by club related, you could bring in a rule which says "track has to have this much dirt" or "meeting must be run in x amount of time" but very difficult to implement.

Kind weather, couple of decent meetings and races, that's what people WANT to see that's what the sport fundamentally is, the rest is just minor detail and tinkering, in my opinion, it's sound simple, but maybe the solution is rather than the rubiks cube it can be made out to be.

I agree that a lot of issues are club by club related ,but IMO there are quite a lot of clubs with issues which is a major problem.I highlighted PL league Champions in the last few seasons suffering huge losses which says it all.

Fair enough, but what happens if the weather isn't good?

Surely there had to be some sort of contingency planning for the weather? It was an opportunity to put something forward. Of course, it's not to say there hasn't.

I have to say at a time when fans are clearly feeling disenfranchised, it is a missed opportunity to connect with them.

You know I'm not one to be negative, but I'm not sure that they have done enough here.

I hope I'm wrong.

I agree that a lot of issues are club by club related ,but IMO there are quite a lot of clubs with issues which is a major problem.I highlighted PL league Champions in the last few seasons suffering huge losses which says it all.

I genuinely don't know what that says, again I would say that's club by club.

You sign Joe Screen, Fisher, fly Wolbert in week in week out and change the shape of the track, is it then sport or club related? I don't know, it really depends where the cost/expenditure is going.

Scunthorpe more than likely done great out of it, self sustaining track, no rent etc, that's where clubs need to be, difficult though.

It's a chicken/egg scenario for clubs, build a good side in hope of attracting fans, win heavily fans get bored, it really is tough, it's about getting the whole package right.

Fair enough, but what happens if the weather isn't good?

Surely there had to be some sort of contingency planning for the weather? It was an opportunity to put something forward. Of course, it's not to say there hasn't.

I have to say at a time when fans are clearly feeling disenfranchised, it is a missed opportunity to connect with them.

You know I'm not one to be negative, but I'm not sure that they have done enough here.

I hope I'm wrong.

If the weather isnt great, a rider getting 3 or 6 in a race won't make that massive a difference, the shape of the wheel isn't the problem.

A comtigency plan for what is fundementallt a summer sport is a hell of a problem, I would hope something has been discussed relating to that but it's tough.

I said on another thread I hope the majority of the weekend was spent discussing possible rebranding, promotion and possible customer related deals, that's where the connection needs to cone from IMO.

I genuinely don't know what that says, again I would say that's club by club.

You sign Joe Screen, Fisher, fly Wolbert in week in week out and change the shape of the track, is it then sport or club related? I don't know, it really depends where the cost/expenditure is going.

Scunthorpe more than likely done great out of it, self sustaining track, no rent etc, that's where clubs need to be, difficult though.

It's a chicken/egg scenario for clubs, build a good side in hope of attracting fans, win heavily fans get bored, it really is tough, it's about getting the whole package right.

If the weather isnt great, a rider getting 3 or 6 in a race won't make that massive a difference, the shape of the wheel isn't the problem.

A comtigency plan for what is fundementallt a summer sport is a hell of a problem, I would hope something has been discussed relating to that but it's tough.

I said on another thread I hope the majority of the weekend was spent discussing possible rebranding, promotion and possible customer related deals, that's where the connection needs to cone from IMO.

But surely they are individual club details?

You surely can't mean have all clubs under one homogeneous brand?

Promotion and customer relations are certainly, at the tactical level, individual club responsibilities.

Uncertainty over a meeting is being on or not due to the weather needs to be addressed, as people often plan to go to the speedway in place of another event, only to have the speedway rained-off.

They are then left with nothing to do. This is a big challenge to the sport, and only something that can be taken on collectively. Either by use of technology, a change in attitude, or a mixture of both.

The tactical rule has been really embarrassing as I have had to explain a few times this season.

No newcomer takes the sport seriously when exposed to that.

I'm sorry, but a lack of vision throughout the sport is going to kill it.