British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Mildenhall 2013

Anyone have an idea what Chris Schramms last cl/nl average was.He would fit otherwise

It looks like he had a CL average in 2004 of 9.78 and a PL average last season of 4.9.

People have mentioned on here that there is a 0.6 conversion rate if he doesn't have a PL team place which would make his NL average 8.17.

It has also been said that it is whichever average was the highest, so I'm guessing it would be 9.78.

I'm not sure the rules are that clear, but if he could ride for Mildenhall, I'm sure he would do a good job.

It looks like he had a CL average in 2004 of 9.78 and a PL average last season of 4.9.

People have mentioned on here that there is a 0.6 conversion rate if he doesn't have a PL team place which would make his NL average 8.17.

It has also been said that it is whichever average was the highest, so I'm guessing it would be 9.78.

I'm not sure the rules are that clear, but if he could ride for Mildenhall, I'm sure he would do a good job.

Agree on the rules, they sometimes seem to be a moving feast ( not sure if a 2004 would still have any effect? ), after watching Roynon last year Schramm would be a good call for both parties.

Kev

Schramm would be an excellent signing...

If he can actually stay on his bike he would !

At Foxhall he was always good for a fall or three .

I havent seen him ride for a while, he always looked very good at NL level.

Just read the press release: 'Another rider we looked at has now been offered a big sponsorship to stay where he raced last year and yet another we had talks with after he missed virtually the whole of last season, again seems set to stay put.' Looking at the big hitters who are yet to resign I can only see Charles Wright unless they mean one of the Rye lads at Kent. As to the rider who missed most of the year, Ben Taylor? I can't remember why he left. Is Tim Webster worth a shout?

Edited by Islander15

Just read the press release: 'Another rider we looked at has now been offered a big sponsorship to stay where he raced last year and yet another we had talks with after he missed virtually the whole of last season, again seems set to stay put.' Looking at the big hitters who are yet to resign I can only see Charles Wright unless they mean one of the Rye lads at Kent. As to the rider who missed most of the year, Ben Taylor? I can't remember why he left. Is Tim Webster worth a shout?

I thought Ben Taylor missed all of last year?

Riders who have stayed where they were could be a rider who has already been announced? Maybe they were after Ben Reade again?

I thought Ben Taylor missed all of last year?

Riders who have stayed where they were could be a rider who has already been announced? Maybe they were after Ben Reade again?

Yes you're probably right about the latter. Having said it, I'm not sure if Taylor actually rode but I'm pretty sure he was in an early declaration.

Edit: Found it, April 4th he left and it was given as 'financial reasons'

Edited by Islander15

how about me i would love to come back and ride at mildenhall been trying to get hold of mr lee to see if he is interested someone try and have a word thanks armo

• Like 1

i read somewhere jack hargreaves was going to race again he would be a decent signing

While the nature of the National League means there arent a huge number of options open to Mildenhall for second heat-leader, I'm sure if Hargreaves is making a comeback, then he'll be one they'll consider, along with Schramm if there's any possibility he might be eligible and indeed Cameron Heeps if there's any chance of him being able to double-up.

Beyond those three, which all must have some element of doubt surrounding them, its difficult to see what other genuine heat-leader options there might be.

serves you right just can not go round poaching others riders just because you are the new mildenhall you have no right to try to steal rob branford off us god we struggle as it is to field a competitive side do you realy think that by signing others top men your supporters will want to see walkovers every week i am sure they would rather see close meetings i know we at buxton would rather winn by eight than twenty eight every week so make do withy what you have and give others a chance

serves you right just can not go round poaching others riders just because you are the new mildenhall you have no right to try to steal rob branford off us god we struggle as it is to field a competitive side do you realy think that by signing others top men your supporters will want to see walkovers every week i am sure they would rather see close meetings i know we at buxton would rather winn by eight than twenty eight every week so make do withy what you have and give others a chance

Give it a rest.Riders move to different clubs all the time.Rob Branford is 1 of the most exciting riders to watch in the NL.Who wouldn't want him?

Shame that he is giving the NL a miss next season.Always a popular visitor to West Row

And anyway..I believe he is a Redcar asset not a Buxton one.

• Like 1