British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Mildenhall 2013

I think it's time do get this one underway .

Given a similar points limit to this year who would everyone like to see back next year or think will realistically fit ?

There's going to be some tough choices ahead for the promotion as so many of the Tigers managed to up their averages immensely !

Obviously , I would like to see everyone back but it cant happen as everyone did so well but here goes ,

Cam , Would like , but could well go full time PL , also his 9+ average could be too high to fit .

Joe , Definitely back , really improved this year and would be heatleader next year .

Stephan , Yes , Could well be No 1 next year depending on others and if he goes PL .

Dan , Yes , good choice on average , should fit in ok .

Lewis , Again might go PL but could also possibly be a bargain on sub 8 average .

Nathan , Definitely , so much potential and improvement before his horrific injury !

Josh , Definitely again , showing tremendous potential , just needs to stay on his bike a bit more regularly .

A couple of 3 pt newbies would be needed as well so hopefully the management have been out talent spotting .

Wow , it's tough working out who should stay and who should go but whoever they may , be one thing is certain it will be a very different looking Fen Tigers that comes to the tapes next year !

Edited by Super Blue

I think it's time do get this one underway .

Given a similar points limit to this year who would everyone like to see back next year or think will realistically fit ?

There's going to be some tough choices ahead for the promotion as so many of the Tigers managed to up their averages immensely !

Obviously , I would like to see everyone back but it cant happen as everyone did so well but here goes ,

Cam , Would like , but could well go full time PL , also his 9+ average could be too high to fit .

Joe , Definitely back , really improved this year and would be heatleader next year .

Stephan , Yes , Could well be No 1 next year depending on others and if he goes PL .

Dan , Yes , good choice on average , should fit in ok .

Lewis , Again might go PL but could also possibly be a bargain on sub 8 average .

Nathan , Definitely , so much potential and improvement before his horrific injury !

Josh , Definitely again , showing tremendous potential , just needs to stay on his bike a bit more regularly .

A couple of 3 pt newbies would be needed as well so hopefully the management have been out talent spotting .

Wow , it's tough working out who should stay and who should go but whoever they may , be one thing is certain it will be a very different looking Fen Tigers that comes to the tapes next year !

Think new rules & regs kicked around on the forum could well surface for next season, possibly on Double up riders & e.g. a 1 over the 8 point rider per team. Would love to have them all back. Cam I think will concentrate full time P/L, JJ & Stef talked about as reserves on the Ippo forum, Lewis & Leicester didn't work well for us this year so again could be full time P/L & Dan falls in that difficult 6.5 ish bracket that is always hard to use.

However, assuming a 40 point limit best balanced I can come up with:

Stef 8.32

JJ 7.94

Rob Branford 7.54

Josh 5.30

Shane Hazelden 4.57

Nathan 3.00

R.Daley / J.Graver / A.N.Other 3.00

Several riders I would love to see @ West Row including Gary Irving, Lewis Kerr, Adam Ellis and of course Mr.Garrity but can't see any of those happening.

Kev

It is going to be really tough to drop riders next season to fit into the points limit.The only two imo who i hope are 100% certain are Josh and Nathan.After that it is anyones guess tbh.

The form Joe has shown this season is a real plus point.Held the team together at times i feel.Another winter away and we could see another big improvement by him.

Lewis on a 7.01 is a bit of a no brainer.Will up that with ease.Just can't afford to lose him to too many PL bookings.

Cam i think will make the step up full time to PL

Stef could be our number 1.Certainly would be a popular choice.

Branford and Kerr are really good to watch around West Row also so i wouldn't mind seeing either of those lol

With a 40 limit

1.Joe Jacobs 7.94

2.Josh Bates 5.30

3.Danny Halsey 6.57

4.Lewis Kerr 6.67

5.Lewis Blackbird 7.01

6.Nathan Stoneman 3.00

7.Josh Bailey 3.00

or

1.Stefan Nielsen 8.32

2.Josh Bates 5.30

3.Joe Jacobs 7.94

4.Aaron Baseby 5.26

5.Lewis Blackbird 7.01

6.Nathan Stoneman 3.00

7.Josh Bailey 3.00

• Like 1

Hadn't really thought about Josh Bailey , definitely one for the future but not sure he's quite ready yet . A full season of AJL I think might be advisable for him as long as it's still going next year!

1.Stefan Nielsen 8.32

2.Josh Bates 5.30

3.Joe Jacobs 7.94

4.Aaron Baseby 5.26

5.Lewis Blackbird 7.01

6.Nathan Stoneman 3.00

7.Josh Bailey 3.00

From 1-6 that was the line-up I thought of when I was thinking about what they might do for next season.

Understandably, they will want to use their own assets as much as possible, but they'll have to make at least two changes to the 2012 side, just to fit into a 40 point limit. I cant see how they can accomodate Heeps on a 9.00+ average without having to lose too many other assets from the side, so I think its fairly certain he'll be concentrating on his Ipswich commitments next year.

Baseby will be a big consideration for them - and I just wonder whether Halsey could be the one to make way, with Baseby's average a point lower, to accomodate an 8.00 number one

Bates and Stoneman will be good choices to retain, if possible.

Having stuck with Ryan Terry-Daley for much of the season, it must be fairly likely they'll have him back at reserve, I'd have thought. I have heard that Josh Bailey is highly rated, though.

Like you, Adz, I see Jacobs and Blackbird as two of the three heat leaders on bargain averages. Nielsen would be a good number one, but with Mildenhall not owning his contract, and him nailed on to get a PL place, you just never know.

There arent that many established number ones out there that could come into the side. So it could well be Jacobs finds himself at number one, with another heat leader brought in. That might spare Halsey, and brings your initial selection into play. Having said that - Halsey doesnt always score as well away as he does at home, so might be a weak link as third heat leader. I'd think they'd look to use Baseby in anycase, rather than sign another second string.

Edited by neil3065

I think it'll be a case of waiting to see where some of this year's side end up in the PL.

I'd expect Nielsen, Jacobs and Blackbird all to find PL spots. If one of them end up at a team who ride on Sundays, that decision becomes a lot easier. Either way, I'd expect 2 out of the 3 to be retained leaving either Halsey or Lewis Kerr (just for you, Dale!!) to fill the other heat leader spot.

I can't remember exactly but always got the impression that Aaron Baseby was "promised" a spot in 2013 due to him narrowly losing out on a team spot this year. (Could well be wrong though!)

Baseby and Bates as 2nd strings pretty much picks themselves if that's the case, along with Stoneman and another 3 pointer (Ryan Terry-Daley?) at reserve.

Has there been any sort of talk about what the points limit is likely to be? I got the impression (a fair few weeks ago now, admittedly) that 40 seemed unlikely and it could go down to 38 or perhaps more.

If it does go down 38, Shane Hazelden is one rider who I think could find a move to West Row beneficial. He seemed to struggle this year with a lack of meetings and presumably other factors aswell, but get him into the swing of things, and at a stand alone club, I think he could make a mockery of his average.

I'd be surprised to if 40 is the agreed limit for 2013 Mr Mungo, as like you I am sure I heard it was going to be lowered a little :unsure:

38 - 38.5 seems a more likely figure so with that in mind

1. Nielsen 8.32

2. Bates 5.30

3. Kerr 6.67

4. Coles 4.20

5. Jacobs 7.94

6. Stoneman 3.00

7. Bailey, Terry- Daley, an other 3.00

I wonder if Lewis will be considered as there would be a likelihood of a similair scenario as this year if he returns to his PL club.

Danny I fear may be the unlucky one who misses out :(

PS - not trying to sign other teams riders, just a bit of close season fun :wink:

I'd be surprised to if 40 is the agreed limit for 2013 Mr Mungo, as like you I am sure I heard it was going to be lowered a little :unsure:

38 - 38.5 seems a more likely figure so with that in mind

1. Nielsen 8.32

2. Bates 5.30

3. Kerr 6.67

4. Coles 4.20

5. Jacobs 7.94

6. Stoneman 3.00

7. Bailey, Terry- Daley, an other 3.00

I wonder if Lewis will be considered as there would be a likelihood of a similair scenario as this year if he returns to his PL club.

Danny I fear may be the unlucky one who misses out :(:wink:

PS - not trying to sign other teams riders, just a bit of close season fun :wink:

Good job you added the :wink: because he needs to stay where he is thank you very much, and you know who I'm talking about :wink::wink::wink:

Wouldn't Cameron Heeps' near 6 PL average for Ipswich make him ineligible for the National League?

Other than him I think the Fen Tigers can build a potential NL winning side out of all those who rode for them last year without having to look much further!

Wouldn't Cameron Heeps' near 6 PL average for Ipswich make him ineligible for the National League?

Other than him I think the Fen Tigers can build a potential NL winning side out of all those who rode for them last year without having to look much further!

A 4.4 PL average for Cam would convert to alot less than his current 9.18 NL one ! Although he upped his PL av by 1.4 he didn't progress quite as much as some thought he might . Possibly down to his injury towards the end of the season .

With a lower points limit seeming likely I think this would probably mean him being to high to fit in anyway !

Is there any truth in the rumours that Cam would not ride for Ipswich next year and might be involved in a swap deal for Stefan?? probably no truth in it but I thought I would ask if anyone else had heard that one?

Is there any truth in the rumours that Cam would not ride for Ipswich next year and might be involved in a swap deal for Stefan?? probably no truth in it but I thought I would ask if anyone else had heard that one?

I would be absolutely staggered if that was the case and to be honest, would make very little sense.

Don't know about the former, but definitely heard the rumour about the swap deal. I'd take anything you hear at this stage of the season with numerous pinches of salt though!

There was also a whisper about Heeps not coming to the UK at all next year aswell.

• Like 1

Looking at some of the teams Mildenhall could line up as next year I think they are favourites even at this early stage. The likes of Stefan, Jacobs and Blackbird at the top of the team can all put over a point on their average, whilst Bates could put over 2 points on his and Stoneman could double his. As to the other 2 riders I'd go for Baseby and Terry-Daley, if the limit is 40 otherwise a 3 pointer instead of Baseby.

Edited by Islander15