British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny the spud

Isle Of Wight 2013

IF he is subsequently ruled out for a lengthy period then the club will obviously have to secure a replacement for him as no facility (i.e. using r/r to cover) would be available.

Why i there no facility for Byron???

As I understand it because he has not yet ridden for the team 'montie.'

As I understand it because he has not yet ridden for the team 'montie.'

Neither has Tully for the Diamonds but they seem to have RR---oh aye,sorry i forgot big George is on the MC so it is ok :wink:

Neither has Tully for the Diamonds but they seem to have RR---oh aye,sorry i forgot big George is on the MC so it is ok :wink:

I'm sure the rule in the PL is different, whereby once you have had your initial team ratified, then you can have a facility for them.

This situation is most unfortunate and I sympathise with the Island management. Last season we had to have Adam McKinna as cover when we were given a fixture that a new rider was unavailable for releasing him after it was rained off. Under normal circumstances a rider must have ridden for a team before any facility is allowed. We made an enquiry about Jake Anderson and were told he had ridden in the Aussie Championship system and was not eligible. Robert Branford was a last minute arrival Malcolm Vasey

This situation is most unfortunate and I sympathise with the Island management. Last season we had to have Adam McKinna as cover when we were given a fixture that a new rider was unavailable for releasing him after it was rained off. Under normal circumstances a rider must have ridden for a team before any facility is allowed. We made an enquiry about Jake Anderson and were told he had ridden in the Aussie Championship system and was not eligible. Robert Branford was a last minute arrival Malcolm Vasey

Can someone in NL circles tell me why Liam Carr the Berwick lad is not at Stoke or anywhere in 2013? He seemed to do well last year but Stoke not brought him back!

Can someone in NL circles tell me why Liam Carr the Berwick lad is not at Stoke or anywhere in 2013? He seemed to do well last year but Stoke not brought him back!

I would guess for Stoke his average didn't fit. He is on a 3.61, so it would have had to have been in place of Chessell.

I would guess for Stoke his average didn't fit. He is on a 3.61, so it would have had to have been in place of Chessell.

More likely they did not want to pay excess mileage? Has Chessell not been around a bit or am I mistaken?

More likely they did not want to pay excess mileage? Has Chessell not been around a bit or am I mistaken?

I think Chessell fired himself onto the scene in 2011? So hardly around a bit, this being his second full season. Averaged 4.5 last season, and from watching him, he would average higher if he could stay on consistently.

It's a shame for Liam, but his average is a pain for some teams.