British Speedway Forum
msc1874

Pl Television Coverage

You've got to love threads like this. Constantly we hear how great the PL is, how wonderful the product is, how marvelous the variety is, how fantastic the tracks are, how amazing the racing is.

All these PL clubs must be racing in front of packed out crowds and the promoters making a fortune! :rofl:

You've got to love threads like this. Constantly we hear how great the PL is, how wonderful the product is, how marvelous the variety is, how fantastic the tracks are, how amazing the racing is.

All these PL clubs must be racing in front of packed out crowds and the promoters making a fortune! :rofl:

Yea you have to wonder why fans don't turn to watch this great product ..are they mad ?

Yea you have to wonder why fans don't turn to watch this great product ..are they mad ?

Perhaps the reason for the Premier League Supporters singing it's praises is because you see decent Racing most of the time. You see all four Riders trying to win - whereas - in the Elite League you quite often see TWO Riders Racing for the Win and TWO Riders racing for Third Place. Usually the two racing for the Third Place are Premier League Riders anyway.

There IS more variety in the Premier League - there are more Tracks - so that fact is self evident.

As for Crowds - well Speedway is suffering a general malaise at present. Support is falling in ALL Leagues. Not at all Tracks though.

Unless, of course, SKY Television is there.

Perhaps the reason for the Premier League Supporters singing it's praises is because you see decent Racing most of the time. You see all four Riders trying to win - whereas - in the Elite League you quite often see TWO Riders Racing for the Win and TWO Riders racing for Third Place. Usually the two racing for the Third Place are Premier League Riders anyway.

You have to laugh ,only in the are Pl riders are trying to win ..where in the El once a rider hits the front he thinks i better drop back to last as i am not trying to win . :rofl:

There IS more variety in the Premier League - there are more Tracks - so that fact is self evident.

As for Crowds - well Speedway is suffering a general malaise at present. Support is falling in ALL Leagues. Not at all Tracks though.

Unless, of course, SKY Television is there.

Just ignore both of them TWK. Obviously nowt to fight with in the EL section at the mo, so they try to have a go at a subject they are not quite clued up on.

Tssh, invasion of EL snobs. :shock::o:party:

• Like 2

at present i dont have sky at all but im looking in to getting it the problem is i dont watch much tv but that might change if i got sky

theres no way i would pay to get sky sports the price it is and the amount of rubish they put on

im a member of a motorsports forum and a big fan of road racing and about 18 months ago i got a questonaire survay asking if i would pay £5 a month if sky dedicated a channel just for motorsports now that i would pay as my money wouldnt be going to the overpaid whingers and thugs who are getting £100,000 a week + for kicking a ball round a feild

• Like 3

at present i dont have sky at all but im looking in to getting it the problem is i dont watch much tv but that might change if i got sky

theres no way i would pay to get sky sports the price it is and the amount of rubish they put on

im a member of a motorsports forum and a big fan of road racing and about 18 months ago i got a questonaire survay asking if i would pay £5 a month if sky dedicated a channel just for motorsports now that i would pay as my money wouldnt be going to the overpaid whingers and thugs who are getting £100,000 a week + for kicking a ball round a feild

I get sky sports 1and sky sports 2 thro bt vision bit of a bummer when GPs are on sky sports 4 maybe an option for you

Why don’t they introduce some sports like speedway on a pay per view basis, in my opinion they would get a lot more people subscribing to watch the sport they want and who do not think that football is the be all & end all

• Like 2

That in fact is not what the jist of the forum is. If you want to start petty arguments and squabbles go and do it elsewhere.

My points were:

1. PL racing is decent with lots of riders plying their trade in both leagues. There are as many fans following PL teams as there are EL so your post is a bit stupid. A speedway fan is a speedway fan.

2. PL deserves a highlights package. I am not talking live matches but highlights to showcases best league can offer and maybe attract new fans to their local clubs, or bring old ones back.

3. Surely sky's PL coverage should not just consist of 2 matches a season

• Like 3

Why don’t they introduce some sports like speedway on a pay per view basis, in my opinion they would get a lot more people subscribing to watch the sport they want and who do not think that football is the be all & end all

Sorry - I don't agree with that. My Son is a Football fanatic and would watch it 24 hours a day if he could. Me, I only really like Speedway and Cricket so I don't want to pay for it on Pay Per View - I have it already.

You have to laugh ,only in the are Pl riders are trying to win ..where in the El once a rider hits the front he thinks i better drop back to last as i am not trying to win . :rofl:

orion - Not for the first time - try reading the Post properly.

• Like 1

orion - Not for the first time - try reading the Post properly.

i Read your post fine ..it's says that in the Pl riders ride for the win ? sorry if i am reading it wrong but what does that mean ? and what stats do you back that up with ? and how many El matches did you go to this year ?

Edited by orion

i Read your post fine ..it's says that in the Pl riders ride for the win ? sorry if i am reading it wrong but what does that mean ? and what stats do you back that up with ? and how many El matches did you go to this year ?

Firstly - ALL Riders are trying to win the Race - but - in the Elite League very often TWO Riders get tailed off and THAT part of the Race becomes a battle for THIRD Place. This does not happen so often in the Premier League, often all FOUR Riders are in with a chance of winning the Race. Ergo - that means better Racing as all four Riders are involved.

As regards to how many Elite League Meetings I attend - the truthful answer is none. However I watch an Elite League Meeting EVERY week on SKY Television. So from that point I do know what I am talking about.

Now YOU orion - how many Premier League Meetings do you attend?

Firstly - ALL Riders are trying to win the Race - but - in the Elite League very often TWO Riders get tailed off and THAT part of the Race becomes a battle for THIRD Place. This does not happen so often in the Premier League, often all FOUR Riders are in with a chance of winning the Race. Ergo - that means better Racing as all four Riders are involved.

What ? why would two riders in the EL be tailed off but not in the Pl ...The Pl matches iv'e gone to over years are the same as the El, some good matches some poor matches and the same amount of riders getting tailed off .

• Like 2

you are allready paying for it so pay per view channels are just for the mugs with too much money and are easily parted with it

most items that are pay per view are available within 24 hrs else where for free