British Speedway Forum
msc1874

Pl Television Coverage

What ? why would two riders in the EL be tailed off but not in the Pl ...The Pl matches iv'e gone to over years are the same as the El, some good matches some poor matches and the same amount of riders getting tailed off .

I tend to agree here. Perhaps the view White Knight has of the Elite League is skewed by seeing a top heavy Poole on Sky so often.

I followed the Witches for over 30 years so have seen the old British League and old National League , the one big league , the Elite League and the Premier and have seen the good the bad and the ugly in each!

I have enjoyed the PL immensely in the last 2 years - much more than the preceeding Elite years.

However a true Elite at its best will outshine the Premier.IMO. There are generally less mistakes at the top level so passes require more guile so when this is the case it can be truly breathtaking.

The balancing point I would make is that overall the Premier is a more consistent product - the highs perhaps not so high but the lows less frequent and less pronouced.

Good speedway is about matched abilities and each rider having a chance to compete. That can happen at all levels if the structure is right.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 6

you are allready paying for it so pay per view channels are just for the mugs with too much money and are easily parted with it

most items that are pay per view are available within 24 hrs else where for free

If you do not subscribe to a sports package then you are not paying for any sports my suggestion was that for those of us who will not subscribe to the full sports package then pay per view is an option to be able to see the sport you like

Cracking first paragraph Aleksandr. :approve:

You are right with what you say in the rest of your Post too - BUT, and it is a big but - I understand Gospeed own the Television Rights for ALL Speedway in this Country.

Basically SKY 'cherry pick' the Elite League (in their opinion) and I'm afraid the rest of the Teams/Leagues don't matter. :sad:

amazes me that Gospeed own rights to all of British Speedway and also rights to Polish Ekstraliga for outside of Poland, and they do virtually nothing with the rights??????

Why not???

Weren't Premier Sports in talks for Polish League?

So do we take it that Gospeed would rather get no money and sit on 'dead rights' rather than get some money and some income and exposure for their product?

Baffles me.

• Like 2

amazes me that Gospeed own rights to all of British Speedway and also rights to Polish Ekstraliga for outside of Poland, and they do virtually nothing with the rights??????

Why not???

So do we take it that Gospeed would rather get no money and sit on 'dead rights' rather than get some money and some income and exposure for their product?

Baffles me.

premier sports are in talks for all leagues as far as im led to belive british, polish and sweedish
  • Like 1

Why not???

Baffles me.

Great point to be fair

IMO they should offer PL racing rights for free if it gets them air time what an advert it would be for the sport as long as it was not on in the middle of the night or on BBC3 or alike.Sky is of no use to the PL so why not try other means of putting the sport on the box and attracting a younger fan base back to the sport, use young up and coming riders from the NL to give it a youthful look to the interviews .

• Like 2

Wow. It's just a short posting but manages to pack such a lack of understanding of every aspect of the subject.

The PL (and NL) rights aren't available to be offered to anyone. Sky hold them.

What exactly would be wrong with "BBC Three or alike"? As for NL riders doing interviews, it goes from the nonsensical to the deranged!

• Like 1

Wow. It's just a short posting but manages to pack such a lack of understanding of every aspect of the subject.

What exactly would be wrong with "BBC Three or alike"? As for NL riders doing interviews, it goes from the nonsensical to the deranged!

I thought it was 'GoSpeed'??

It maybe that I am deranged in your opinion ( and that is all it is) but I did know that Sky have the rights you mention and in my opinion it would do the sport no favours to be shoved on the likes of BBC3 etc .The reason I mention using NL riders was to try get the interest of a younger fan base as I am lead to believe that most regular s/way fans are by an large middle aged. I maybe all that you say in your post but a least I can express my opinion ( again that is all it is ) without being rude and critical , it people like you that get this forum a bad name.

C'mon then, Shirley: what's wrong with BBC 3? What's your ideal channel?

Ignoring the fact that Sky hold the rights to all brutish speedway, sky you've neatly sidetracked that by lifting PL out of the equation. Well done!

So the brilliant enhancement to secure the young audience is to have school kids doing interviews? Classic.

C'mon then, Shirley: what's wrong with BBC 3? What's your ideal channel?

Ignoring the fact that Sky hold the rights to all brutish speedway, sky you've neatly sidetracked that by lifting PL out of the equation. Well done!

So the brilliant enhancement to secure the young audience is to have school kids doing interviews? Classic.

Is that a typo - or - is it correct. If correct it is a trifle harsh don't you think. ;):shock::blink: