British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigred

Scunthorpe Saints - Not Entering N L 2013 :(

National league professional....your having a laugh arnt you bwd???.the nl always was a training league...now it seems to be lacking any real purpose or direction.

That's the crux of the matter, isn't it? What is the purpose of the National League? For me, it is a stepping stone to bigger things. It's there to produce riders for the Premier League and Elite League.

Where things go wrong is when clubs start to push up the costs to going all-out to win. The way to win the National League is by developing your own riders; not to take them from elsewhere.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 4

More biased and complete rubbish from a Heathens fan, one of the main clubs responsible for the demise of the National League by their failure to apply points money limits for their riders. I was ridiculed for stating that the National League was losing its way but to lose a club like Scunthorpe who have produced some of the brightest British talents over the last few seasons is staggering.

The National League is supposed to be a development league and is being forced into a different level by certain clubs who employ elite league riders. An issue that should never be allowed. How on earth do people expect riders to compete with such riders who are sponsored and riding engines that will be highly tuned and way way beyond the affordability of most National League riders.

I trust the BSPA take full notice of Scunthorpes position and think long and hard about the direction of the National League.

hahaha - words fail me right now.

Thats exactly the problem but its the bspa who are to blame, Why not bring in a rule where every prem league club has to have 2 under 21 brits in the team each year, poland do it, sweden do it and thats why we are miles behind them as a speedway nation. Only today Joe Jacobs was moaning on facebook about how his rolling average was over 9 points but still not a single call from a PL promoter, Joes good enough to be a PL reserve and that would free up a place at mildenhall for a new kid to come through. So im sorry to all the people who want to blame Dudley for every problem in british speedway but maybe the BSPA should be taking a little bit of the blame.

i dont think you could blame the BSPA to be honest because at the end of the day the BSPA are the clubs,so maybe point the finger at them ,i.e all of them would have to agreee to it,Joe must feel a little hard done by though with his parent club using a 3 pointer and over looking him but that Louis call,maybe it will work maybe it wont

I think Jayne from Buxton made a valid point on a previous thread that the money in the NL these day tips towards riders staying in the NL for easy money rather than wanting to progress

They have to find a way of getting rider like Perry,Nielsen etc out of the NL and on to a better standard of racing quicker,

• Like 1

i agree its about time the b s p a or whoever started to order the premire league to sign more riders out of the national league every year prem teams are allowed to have forign riders at res its not the way to go national league riders get to a point were they are good enough to be given a chance at res but hit a brick wall because the prem teams seem to prefair to bring in jonny some from other country instead of giving a chance to a britt who as searved his apprenticship in the national ;league get a grip make it a rule every team must have at least one rider from the national league in the team every year.

Well its been announced where one of the saints has gone next year anyone surprised where it was!!!! Mind you im sure we will be told it was a rush signing after clubs were told the saints were not running but just so happens to be thier first announced signing!!

I hope rob is charging full loan fees this year i know he did them free/cheap originally to help get the riders more racing especially when doubling up but now its a different ball game.

And then if he pools the loan fees together can save it up for the next genereation of saints when we come back

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet

Disgraceful they have not beenm tapped or spken to by Stoke

Lets see who they join

Malcolm Vasey

Well Malcolm, I'm sure one of the teams in question wouldn't be daft enough to announce the signing on the very same day that the Saints announce their withdrawal... or would they? :o

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

This highlights a problem within the sport that different teams in the National League having differing agenda's.

On the one hand you have clubs that are in it to train riders up for their Senior teams.

And others that are in it to win league titles, and want the glory, and will pay good wages compared to the other clubs.

I don't think that you can seriously call it a Development League any more.

Its difficult to know what to do as you can see things from both sides,

i dont think you could blame the BSPA to be honest because at the end of the day the BSPA are the clubs,so maybe point the finger at them ,i.e all of them would have to agreee to it,Joe must feel a little hard done by though with his parent club using a 3 pointer and over looking him but that Louis call,maybe it will work maybe it wont

I think Jayne from Buxton made a valid point on a previous thread that the money in the NL these day tips towards riders staying in the NL for easy money rather than wanting to progress

They have to find a way of getting rider like Perry,Nielsen etc out of the NL and on to a better standard of racing quicker,

Thanks for that. I was wondering who's turn it was going to be to receive the "he shouldnt be riding NL" now that Adam Roynon is out of the picture.

Okay, lets see Dudley sit back and let everyone else sign the best riders, what a load of old cobblers is spoken on here sometimes, do you think the supporters would be happy ? of course not, and Im sure Rob Godfrey informed his riders before today, as June said she knew on Tuesday, so its pretty safe to surmise the riders also knew prior to today. If an NL rider such as JJ cant get a phone call from a PL team, its Dudleys fault i guess.

Lets put it this way its British Speedways fault NOT Bl**dy Dudleys, We will work within the 40 points limit, and i expect a 1 over the 8 limit to be in there somewhere. However one cannot blame riders for taking the best package offered to them, to help maintain the best equipment that they can afford to help them try to get a PL place. Nigel Pearson openly admitted riders are constantly phoning him wanting to ride for Dudley, what would you do ? tell them to go to Mildenhall?, its obvious riders prefer to ride in front of a packed house week in week out, and where they get tremendous help from HSSC, with monetry donations. If i knew my Team wasnt riding next season, i would soon make it known that i was going to be available, starting from the Top.

What a load of twaddle, which stems mostly from jealousy...

Edited by greyhoundp

Thanks for that. I was wondering who's turn it was going to be to receive the "he shouldnt be riding NL" now that Adam Roynon is out of the picture.

Would you be so kind as to point out where i have said that anyone shouldnt be in the league???,i said you have to get the better riders to a higher standard or racing,

Jealously....hahahaha you aint won a bloody egg cup !!!!!

Yeah right. Jealous? What of? What have you won?

This is a thread about Scunthorpe Saints, so please can all the gloating Dudley fans please vacate it, before I say something I might regret at a later date.

All the best

Rob

Would you be so kind as to point out where i have said that anyone shouldnt be in the league???,i said you have to get the better riders to a higher standard

I never said that you did. I was pointing out that last year, there was countless posts relating to the fact that Adam Roynon was riding in the NL, and countless people were up in arms about it. As a result, I was wondering whose turn it was going to be next. And I couldn't disagree with you more. Whoever Tom Perry ends up riding for next year ( and its far from certain that it will be Dudley) he needs at least another year in NL to consolidate what he has achieved so far. Full time PL next year will be too early for him.

I just withdrew a post as it was rightly objectionable, and possibly offensive.

• Like 1

Yeah right. Jealous? What of? What have you won?

This is a thread about Scunthorpe Saints, so please can all the gloating Dudley fans please vacate it, before I say something I might regret at a later date.

All the best

Rob

now that REALLY made me laugh. You finish a post like that with "All the best" hahaha. Comedy genius.

Its hard to say what the National League has become now days. In many respects it is probably a two tier league where you have teams like Dudley and then bona fide development clubs like Buxton.

Either way it is still important to have the league as it is the platform for British talent and if the league has become more competitve then that can only be good.

I have seen a few comments where people have said there are riders who stay in the NL because its easy money for them and I can see their point. As harsh as it seems maybe the BSPA should slap a ban on riders who have raced in more than 100 PL meeeting from racing in the NL? Its a very similar rule we have in the junior leagues.