British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigred

Scunthorpe Saints - Not Entering N L 2013 :(

Any news on the whether there will be a team running next year?if so any ideas on the line up or prefered line up?Personally i thought last year all the boys showed great promise,would have benefitted from a full time no.1.keep it going scunny...

Edited by bigred

When Rob Godfrey was on Biker FM a couple of weeks ago he indicated that it's up in the air until the number of teams indicating that they will run are known. He said that finances would dictate that if there were too many teams, and therefore too many fixtures, the Saints would not be viable.

If at all possible I'm sure that Stuart Parnaby and the rest of the support team will want to complete "year 2" for the current crop of young Saints.

Edited by EC Rides Again

Whwn Rob Godfrey was on Biker FM a couple of weeks ago he indicated that it's up in the air until the number of teams indicating that they will run are known. He said that finances would dictate that if there were too many teams, and therefore too many fixtures, the Saints would not be viable.

If at all possible I'm sure that Stuart Parnaby and the rest of the support team will want to complete "year 2" for the current crop of young Saints.

How many is too many? For what Scunthorpe do for the sport we can't afford to lose them in any capacity.

• Like 3

How many is too many? For what Scunthorpe do for the sport we can't afford to lose them in any capacity.

Good question.

It would be a very sad day if the Saints are disbanded.

• Like 1

Now that the dust has settled on the AGM maybe some decisions about who will run in the NL will be made soon.

I see that the BSPA website is showing nine teams in the "NL Teams for 2013" section (the exisiting ones plus Coventry). If Scunthorpe dib out of the KO Cup and just run in the League then they'll have eight home meetings just like 2012.

I'm hopeful.

They have dropped out of the NL, they hope its only for a year!

Shame this league needs the most amount of teams it could have to make it work znd get the most talant!

http://www.scunthorpespeedway.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1353573250&archive=&start_from=&ucat=7&

Saints dont run in 2013 terrible news ...

What a shame. :(

I wonder - could the club consider running meetings in the amateur league? At least it would give some of the youngsters 'proper' racing with a genuine competitive edge.

I wonder - could the club consider running meetings in the amateur league? At least it would give some of the youngsters 'proper' racing with a genuine competitive edge.

We do run in the Midland Development League and run 13 high-standard amateur meetings (sometimes very high standard) a year. We are also looking at the possiblity of running National League standard meetings so we can keep our very popular bank holiday double-headers. Youth development will remain a massive part of what we do at Scunthorpe.

• Like 3

Apologies, I have obviously misunderstood the statement made today. I read it to mean the club would only run in the PL. Great news that the club will continue to run in the amateur league and stage some NL standard meetings. :t:

Newport,Belle Vue and now Scunthorpe seems to be a worrying trend here for development teams,a major blow to NL speedway for Northern based riders too

Makes you wonder what the future for the NL is long term ,the trend of development clubs closing is something that needs to be addressed and done so quickly

Interesting to read that most of the Saints had been spoken to or "tapped" as the saying goes,not the first time this has happened either,well now you fools have have done this have lost 2 x meeting for your clubs

Edited by montie
  • Like 1