British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

Emil always seemed to have the fastest bikes. But not this season. Has he made any changes? Ashley Holloway still there?

One change is that he quit the Swedish league during the middle of the season. Which means 1 meeting/week in Poland plus occasional

meetings in Russia. IMO that is a bit little to keep the pace up. Less occasions to get bike set up feedback and etc.

• Like 1

Yes, I am still there. I just dont have so much time to do all the GP's anymore, but will go to the next one in Latvia.

Emil had flown in from a rained off meeting in Vladivostok on the Saturday morning so it's fair to say he wasn't in the best if shapes, but as always he pulls it out when it matters.

We are all working hard to make it happen for him. Will be a awesome finish to the season as Tai is riding well at the moment.

Thanks

Ash

Thank you for the response. "Ghostwalker" also makes the point of his exit from Elitserien . With his foot injury and The World Cup brouhaha, he may be in need of a few extra meetings, unlike most riders at this stage of the season.!. I read the report of the meeting in Russia on Thursday. At least he got 2 rides in. :lol: Emil really is something special and would make a very worthy World Champion. He and Tai may become the Fundin and Briggs of this era. And if they get as many World titles between them as those two, they'll be doing alright. :t: Keep those bikes fast for him.. Regards. Alan. :lol:

• Like 1

Lots of people on here never know when they are well off.

We have Eurosport prepared to show this series as well as the GP when Sky weren't.

This enables people in Britain to see the racing.

Yet all some people can do is moan about the commentators.

Instead of concentrating on negatives all the while why not concentrate oh the positives - the fact that Eurosport are prepared to bring the coverage to us where Sky weren't and some of the different camera angles are excellent.

Personally I think Nicholls is far better than Tatum in explaining the technical side of things and I prefer the Europort commentary to Nige and Kelv's inane screaming

Wolfie

• Like 3

My friend from Hamburg pulling no punches on the German commentators.

First the audience was told Laguta was a Latvian that changed his nationality to Russian for better opportunities.Kjastas' nationality changed from Russian to Ukrainian and then lastly Latvian during the meeting!!!Guess we can forgive them for only mentioning Danil was "one of the best ice speedway riders",but what about telling the audience that the ice speedway bikes had spikes 10cm long!!!!!!Ouch

http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/motorrad/speedway-auf-eurosport-alles-mueller-oder-was-7564072.html

I enjoyed my first ever speedway meeting in Portuguese commentary. I couldn't believe they'd found not just one, but two Portuguese people who knew anything about the sport!

My Portuguese is still a little too limited to give a proper critique on their efforts but they seemed ok from the snippets I understood.

Some interesting (translated) quotes on here (http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/377206/otwarta-wojna-bsi-z-one-sport-czy-bedzie-polska-solidarnosc)

"BSI wants to ban athletes competing in the Grand Prix, competing in SEC competition"

"At the moment, there are two options being considered. One assumes that the competitors taking part in the Grand Prix will be prohibited from competing in ENEA extraligue . The second option says about moving Extraleague games on Saturday"

Some interesting (translated) quotes on here (http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/377206/otwarta-wojna-bsi-z-one-sport-czy-bedzie-polska-solidarnosc)

"BSI wants to ban athletes competing in the Grand Prix, competing in SEC competition"

"At the moment, there are two options being considered. One assumes that the competitors taking part in the Grand Prix will be prohibited from competing in ENEA extraligue . The second option says about moving Extraleague games on Saturday"

Petty jealousy. GP remains the biggest event, and should not feel threatened by SEC. And BSI and the Polish federation should play nicely together, or go sit in the corner. SEC, WTC, SGP and Best Pairs plus televised league matches from several countries?! Yes please and thank you. I've never watched so much international speedway as this season.

• Like 1

Lots of people on here never know when they are well off.

We have Eurosport prepared to show this series as well as the GP when Sky weren't.

This enables people in Britain to see the racing.

Yet all some people can do is moan about the commentators.

Instead of concentrating on negatives all the while why not concentrate oh the positives - the fact that Eurosport are prepared to bring the coverage to us where Sky weren't and some of the different camera angles are excellent.

Personally I think Nicholls is far better than Tatum in explaining the technical side of things and I prefer the Europort commentary to Nige and Kelv's inane screaming

Wolfie

You make a worthy point about moaning about the commentators then what do you do?

You moan about the commentators.

I think Kel explains things better than Scott.

Does that mean my opinion is worth more than yours? Of Course not.

Your point about Eurosport being prepared to bring the coverage to us when SKY wasn't is frankly laughable.

How long did SKY cover speedway GP?

Of course it's a shame SKY dumped GP for F1 and football but now somehow SKY are nothing and Eurosport speedways saviour.

SKY did more for the sport than ANYONE ever has done for speedway.

Eurosport have given us GP and also two new competitions. I give them huge credit for that.

But thier commentary team is not as good as Pearson and Tatum.

That is my personal view.

Not necessarily the view of the speedway world.

And frankly I am entitled to it the same as you are :)

BSI going up against the Polish Ekstraliga would be a demolition job!

Without Poland, Speedway's nothing!

Well said crazy person :)

Edited by pandorum

Some interesting (translated) quotes on here (http://www.sportowef...ska-solidarnosc)

I think that both side should work together for the good of the sport.

However I do find it funny that these stories only come around just before and just after the SEC meetings and are always put in the perspective of the poor Polish company being put upon. The stories seem to be trying to drum up publicity for the events and are coming through one of the event sponsors in Sportowe Fakty.

There is no reason why both events can't exist and the additional tv coverage is good for the sport.

• Like 1

Petty jealousy. GP remains the biggest event, and should not feel threatened by SEC. And BSI and the Polish federation should play nicely together, or go sit in the corner.

I can actually understand BSI's annoyance because the European Championship is potentially taking sponsors and potential hosts away from the SGP which is not in an entirely healthy state. It's also difficult to understand the rationale of having a parallel European Championship when the World Championship is primarily European based and primarily involves European riders. Nevertheless, BSI can hardly grumble that another organisation is doing exactly what they did, and if does affect their business, then that's merely case of what goes around comes around.

The bigger intrigue is why the FIM would allow this to be licenced (although I appreciate it's actually been done through FIM Europe) after signing a long-term deal with IMG/BSI (which runs until 2021). Either there's been a monumental lack of joining up the dots, the FIM are dissatisfied with how IMG/BSI have been running things, or the Poles have become irritated by the money going out of speedway.

Much anticipation tonight as Togliati had a great chance to showcase itself on the world stage.Yes great stadium,yes great crowd but if thats the best track they can produce for their biggest meeting in front of millions on TV then its a poor show.I'm sure the usual excuses will come out(weather,local track staff etc) but in all but 5 heats nothing happened after lap 1,not good enough for a meeting attracting the worlds best riders.Some on here are loathed to criticise as most are happy just to have speedway on the box.

In this weeks Star Nicki Pedersen said, "There were some good races, we entertained the crowd." Jan Staechmann in same edition, said, "The racing was fierce and entertaining." Perhaps it was better if you were there?

So far both meetings have been boring until the later part of the meeting when they did get a bit better, but would not have worried if I had not seen either.

In this weeks Star Nicki Pedersen said, "There were some good races, we entertained the crowd." Jan Staechmann in same edition, said, "The racing was fierce and entertaining." Perhaps it was better if you were there?

No matter which sport, speedway, rugby, football, tennis, whatever, it's always better to be there. T he only possible exception i can think of is a golf tournament Perhaps speedway would be better on the box if we got "smellovision"? ;) On a serious note i have seen a number of Russian League meetings from Togliatti via streams, which were esentially a one camera job and no commentary. The sound system in the stadium is the best i have ever heard and it feels as though you are right there in the crowd. No real atmosphere came through on this broadcast which was a shame. I'd love to have been there- and all for 7 pounds. :t: Regards. Alan