British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

From what I remember of watching Gdansk `s televised home meetings in the extraleague last season it is not one of Poland`s best race tracks-hope I`m proved wrong but don`t expect too much overtaking on Saturday.

See the Speedway star have really gone to town on the preview for the finals in this weeks edition-conspiracy theorist`s might well think they have been got at by one of the warring factions to give this event as little publicity as possible.-no doubt the star will say it was all about lack of space !

Wow that went totally over my head i hadn't realized. Whatever the reason is it's a poor show indeed by the Star. Whilst the series can't match the SGP for the class of rider it's nevertheless a potentially very interesting and entertaining series in itself. It's going to be quite interesting indeed to see how the riders below top level fare. Also, we do have a smattering of the highest class riders too.

It all kicks off on Eurosport live on Saturday night at 5.30 pm uk time.

Just a reminder that after the 20 heats-the top two go to the final direct and riders 3 to 6 in the final reckoning go in the race-off(heat 21)top 2 go into the final(race 22) points are NOT scored in race 21 but are in the final(3210).

Indeed and all of the above made crystal clear in the layout of the MiniMax racecard for the event.

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

By the way, hoping to add the standard version tomorrow.

From what I remember of watching Gdansk `s televised home meetings in the extraleague last season it is not one of Poland`s best race tracks-hope I`m proved wrong but don`t expect too much overtaking on Saturday.

Awww that's not good to hear, hopefully Saturday's meeting will be an exception.

Lot of hype going on prior to 1st round-quote from Emil on SEC website

Russian international speedway rider says plenty of good things about the SEC organizers. - I want to say big thank you again for the organizers for doin' a really good job with puttin' so much heart into this project to creat so good competition. God bless them. It's a really huge thing. Thanks to Eurosport television so many people will watch live speedway and our battles on tv. Some of them probably will have such an opportunity for the first time in their lives. So they can learn speedway at all. This is really important for us riders and of course for whole dyscypline - he thinks.

• Like 1

Emil is right. The likes of Puodzuks, Magic, Karpov and Pavlic have a fantastic platform to stake a claim for events such as SGP.

It's also a great platform to show the sport in a good light on TV.

There is too much pettiness in speedway and it should all pull together.

Surely (cue Airplane jokes) it can only enhance an SGP series and vice versa.

It's a competition that has been around for a while which has had a much needed overhaul.

Other sports don't run around with a pet lip just because someone comes up with a rival/similar competition.

Having a TV company interested in showing some more speedway is great and I wish it success and also a Russian or English winner as it's great to see Tai in it.

It's gonna be a tough one to call and I think there will be some shocks.

Can't wait for the Togliatti round as Artem Laguta is a master of that track.

• Like 1

SGP 1 SEC 0

SGP goes into an early lead with their start ladies superior to the SEC girls. Not that i'd be turning any of them down mind lol.

http://speedwayeuro.com/news/n/74/watch-how-sec-girls-are-presenting-in-gdansk--video-.html

Can't wait for the Togliatti round as Artem Laguta is a master of that track.

Does anyone have any idea of how the ticket prices in each staging country compare to the cost of SGP tickets?

I'm so looking forward to a packed Togliatti if their league matches are anything to go by but i do fear locals may get priced out? Or is one of the main promotional features of the SEC to provide affordable entrance to the meetings?

• Like 1

SGP 1 SEC 0

SGP goes into an early lead with their start ladies superior to the SEC girls. Not that i'd be turning any of them down mind lol.

http://speedwayeuro....sk--video-.html

Does anyone have any idea of how the ticket prices in each staging country compare to the cost of SGP tickets?

I'm so looking forward to a packed Togliatti if their league matches are anything to go by but i do fear locals may get priced out? Or is one of the main promotional features of the SEC to provide affordable entrance to the meetings?

Try and keep up -post 88 :approve:

Gdansk price was 25 zl

Edited by racers and royals

Good point. There is no doubt the locals enjoy their speedway in Togliatti but as we have seen with SWC people get put off by high priced meetings that are on the telly.

Hope it does get packed out and there is a good chance with 3 of the top riders in the world being Russian and there including their local hero Artem.

Artem has beaten some very good riders around there.

Gdansk has it's own local hero in Nicki P and hopefully that will be full too.

The Mega Lada girls are way better than that leather clad quartet :)

Edited by pandorum

Try and keep up -post 88 :approve:

Gdansk price was 25 zl

Lol ooops exact same link too, sorry about that and on the previous page too!. But mitigating circumstances are there is no mention at all what your link was about, i saw it but presumed it was a promotional clip of speedway action so didn't click on it.

I saw the Gdansk price but the question was how does that compare to the price of SGP's held in, in this example, Poland - Bydgoszcz, Gorzow and Torun. Pretty much the same or considerably less? I can Google away when i get time but was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Lol ooops exact same link too, sorry about that and on the previous page too!. But mitigating circumstances are there is no mention at all what your link was about, i saw it but presumed it was a promotional clip of speedway action so didn't click on it.

I saw the Gdansk price but the question was how does that compare to the price of SGP's held in, in this example, Poland - Bydgoszcz, Gorzow and Torun. Pretty much the same or considerably less? I can Google away when i get time but was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head.

I do try and be subtle in my links to start girls photo`s/video`s :approve: 25zl is more league pricing than GP-3/4 times that for GP.

The price, from the Mega Lada website is 350 rubles, which is almost exactly 7 pounds UK. Our friend Gray told us last year that it was around 3 pounds for a league match. I'll go out on a limb and forecast that, with the Laguta Bros. and Emil, the place will be jammed to the rafters. :approve: I await the "learned, informed" response from the Elite League section that "they are all peasants there who earn a pound a week." :lol: Regards. Alan.

I do try and be subtle in my links to start girls photo`s/video`s :approve: 25zl is more league pricing than GP-3/4 times that for GP.

Ta very much.

The price, from the Mega Lada website is 350 rubles, which is almost exactly 7 pounds UK. Our friend Gray told us last year that it was around 3 pounds for a league match.

Very informative too.

UPDATE

Managed to grab the time to set up a standard MiniMax racecard too. So the two versions are online as of now. BOTH include the unique gate points & wins stats grid as well as pre and post meeting standings grid. (oh yeah corrected the ooops! date error on the Dual Grid, but we all knew it was Saturday anyway lol)

FREE AVAILABLE as of NOW!

MiniMax DUAL GRID Racecards for the European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

Saturday, 27th, July, 2013. Local TIme 6:30pm, BST 5:30pm, UTC/GMT 4:30pm

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

See the Speedway star have really gone to town on the preview for the finals in this weeks edition-conspiracy theorist`s might well think they have been got at by one of the warring factions to give this event as little publicity as possible.-no doubt the star will say it was all about lack of space !

Had forgotten this meeting was on, until I spotted it in the TV mag this morning. Thought I must have missed the preview in the Star, but no, there is not a mention of it. In their defence that is just the same amount of coverage the European Championships has always attracted, reflecting the GB's lack of interest, but one would have thought given the much higher profile of the event, some space could have been found. Still at least I now know whats been happening in Canada since mid May and the random thoughts of some correspondents, who with all due respect, are largely stating the bleeding obvious.