British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

European Championships 2013 - Rzeszow Final 4 Live On Eurosport

Lot of hype going on prior to 1st round-quote from Emil on SEC website

Russian international speedway rider says plenty of good things about the SEC organizers. - I want to say big thank you again for the organizers for doin' a really good job with puttin' so much heart into this project to creat so good competition. God bless them. It's a really huge thing. Thanks to Eurosport television so many people will watch live speedway and our battles on tv. Some of them probably will have such an opportunity for the first time in their lives. So they can learn speedway at all. This is really important for us riders and of course for whole dyscypline - he thinks.

He who pays the piper.....etc etc etc!! :D

He who pays the piper.....etc etc etc!! :D

It gets better- quote from Jurica Pavlic on SEC website : "To be in this extraordinary lineups is a great honour"

Anyone needing a stream-please PM me

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Im quite looking forward to this. There are a couple of riders who ive never seen ride, Karpov in particular seems a rider who scores well in Europe. Is Lindgren riding?

Im quite looking forward to this. There are a couple of riders who ive never seen ride, Karpov in particular seems a rider who scores well in Europe. Is Lindgren riding?

Nothing on the normal websites to say he isn`t- so we will have to wait and see

Nothing on the normal websites to say he isn`t- so we will have to wait and see

Ok cheers

UPDATE There have been changes at the reserve positions

Posting this mainly for racecard compilers it's now

17. Artur Mroczka

18. Renat Gafurov

So the changes are reflected in the two updated versions of the MIniMax racecards. BOTH include the unique gate points & wins stats grid as well as pre and post meeting standings grid and the meetings particular format.

FREE AVAILABLE as of NOW!

MiniMax DUAL GRID Racecards for the European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

Saturday, 27th, July, 2013. Local TIme 6:30pm, BST 5:30pm, UTC/GMT 4:30pm

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

MiniMax Racecard 2013 European Championship Final 1 of 4 Gdansk, Poland

Edited by manchesterpaul

Hi everyone from a VERY wet USA. :sad: Let's hope it is a safe, exciting meeting. On a limb i'll go for Emil, Gollob and Tai to finish on the podium. Of course, that immediately dooms all three. :lol:

Welcome Alan. Hopefully the Eurosport (or whoever provides the feed) background shot is not live from a crowd level point of view. They do tend throughout the meeting to usually often show a pre-meeting empty-ish stadium as the backdrop to their graphics!

I think the stadium holds 10,000? sure i read that somewhere this week, R&R might possibly know.

Sportowefakte reporting around 3,500 in the stadium, expecting 5,000 with fans coming in minute by minute and queues outside at the cash turnstiles. Will the start be delayed?

Edited by manchesterpaul

Does look sparse right now, but as you say, could be from earlier. Weather is slightly drier than here :lol: Great line-up for heat 1.

stadium looks half empty.. hopefully the crowd builds up.. Good to hear Scott Nicholls on eurosport gives a good insight,

....I think the stadium holds 10,000?......Sportowefakte reporting around 3,500 in the stadium, expecting 5,000 with fans coming in minute by minute and queues outside at the cash turnstiles.

stadium looks half empty.. hopefully the crowd builds up.. Good to hear Scott Nicholls on eurosport gives a good insight,

Lol guess 5,000 would equate to being half full, you've got a good eye.

Yeah i find Scott an excellent colour commentator.

Jan Staechman too, he's usually good.

Hope that woman in Emil's pits has been told to sit still and keep out of the way lol. (I'm JOKING Ladies)

Edited by manchesterpaul

If Emil should win both the World and European championships does anyone know how the Russian championship stands? Is he in it, has it already been staged? Is it a one-off meeting?

stadium is either half empty or half full..

Lol just seen that i said half full and you said half empty, there's probably some sort of psychological importance to that. Most likely i'm a potential mass murderer lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul