British Speedway Forum
Paul

Kent 2013

Has Marc Owen got a team place with anyone this year?

His average is too high but he needs to go back to the hospital anyway because he still feels dizzy at times, so expect to see him make a mid-season return.

Best wishes to Marc,,,, he sensibly is not rushing his return from a head injury ,, i am sure he will return when he feels ready ,,a natruly talented rider with potential...

• Like 1

This completes a shocking fall from grace for Boxall. I remember seeing him at 15 and thinking he was the future of British Speedway. He should be an Elite League number one by now.

Still, if his heart is in it he should be a cracking signing.

This completes a shocking fall from grace for Boxall. I remember seeing him at 15 and thinking he was the future of British Speedway. He should be an Elite League number one by now.

Still, if his heart is in it he should be a cracking signing.

I agree Stevie had and I think still has that potential. But this isn't a fall from grace so much as the beginning of a comeback - because he has had a spell out and indeed was concentrating on other sports so I hear - it's fantastic news in particular for the Kent club to have such a local star at their disposal: one to capture the imagination.

• Like 1

"Boxer" Boxall to lead the way, I am sure that he will have some decent machinery and will want to prove himself.. Young Marc Owen I believe is a Lakeside asset and would possibly be guided by Jon Cook regarding his career, he was struggling with the costs involved a year ago so a move to a closer home team could sway him if the opportunity arose.

Watch out Tyson Nelson!

Why?

So, Lens bringing back Stevie B into team ? Maybe he's boxing clever ? Or it could just be a stab in the dark ?? Hmmmmmmmmm.

It's a shame to see Steve Boxall in the NL. He'd average 4 in this season EL. If eh really wanted to commit to speedway I think he could walk into the majority of PL and EL teams and improve them. But I guess if he only wants to play at speedway, NL is the place to do it. If Kent do sign Robert Lambert too, they'll have the top 2 riders in the league and Len Silver and David Mason will probably be correct, this team will win the league.

Really like Boxall and hope one day he returns to the PL and becomes a heatleader once again.

Spoke with him a few times at Newport and Somerset in the past, a top guy

It's a shame to see Steve Boxall in the NL. He'd average 4 in this season EL. If eh really wanted to commit to speedway I think he could walk into the majority of PL and EL teams and improve them. But I guess if he only wants to play at speedway, NL is the place to do it. If Kent do sign Robert Lambert too, they'll have the top 2 riders in the league and Len Silver and David Mason will probably be correct, this team will win the league.

I have said before that hopefully Kent will have a team that competes for the League to try and get and keep a good number coming each week.

And maybe win some sort of silverware in the season.

I think it looks like a more competitive League than last season with Dudley,Mildenhall and IOW in the shakeup.

Yes I do think with a brand new track like this challenging for silverware (remember the season starts off with the Trophy) will indeed further press interest (already excellent in the county) and will add numbers to the gate.

Looking good!

• Like 2

Didn't know that Marc Owen was still on the injured list. Take care Marc and wait till you are fully fit again,speedway is a tough game. Cheers Jimmy

Interview with Marc in a recent Speedway Star. Still got side effects from his head injury.

Am sure everyone wishes him well.

I think Marc was probably the most talented 14-year-old I've ever seen and I'm sure he can bounce back from the several injury set-backs he's had since then had to realise his brilliant potential.