British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KN1

Christmas Cracker - Now 8th Feb, 7pm @ Somerset

Yes, I feel that Lewis should be congratulated rather than criticised for doing his best to ride on the evening rather than taking the easiest of routes and withdrawing from the meeting

All a bit harsh on Lewis! He had made it very clear prior to the meeting (I even posted it #77) that he was going to ride an old Jawa, for a bit of fun and practice. Due to the event being cancelled twice, Lewis's 2013 bikes are all currently broken down for anodising and he did not have a bike available.

Yet he was the only rider without a bike avaliable. Every other rider made the effort. You expect people to believe that?? I certainly don't, and think its pretty poor. Its not very professional if you ask me. He's a fool to himself, Lewis could be a very good rider, in the Scott Nicholls class, for an English rider, but he continues to treat speedway as a play thing. I hope when he retires he has a good look in the mirror and see's what a waste of talent he's been... You only get one crack at life, and if you have talent in your choosen sport you maximise it. Unless circumtances depict otherwise...

Edited by Starman2006

You expect people to believe that??

Believe what you like, it's a fact!

Let's wait until Lewis actually retires (he's only 23) before deciding whether or not he was a wasted talent.

• Like 3

Believe what you like, it's a fact!

Let's wait until Lewis actually retires (he's only 23) before deciding whether or not he was a wasted talent.

He's already threatened to retire once. Its in his own hands, nobody elses. Again, no excuss, every other rider made the effort to prepare a bike, bar him. Very un-professional. He maybe only 23, but the way he carries on he will still be in the same boat at 30. He needs to wake up and smell the coffee, instead of treating speedway as some sort of play thing. He gives the impression of having no ambition..

Animal.... You appear to be well informed and if you do know Lewis Bridger, can you pass on my sincere thanks to him for going to all that trouble to get himself down here at all. That shows a level of maturity to me and the guy should be applauded not slated!! I enjoyed seeing the guy have a go on an old lady, which was always going to be a little short on pace but a lovely sight none the less. Well done Lewis young man and thank you for coming down and entertaining us all.

• Like 1

He gives the impression of having no ambition..

Have a read of his website, on his home page he has written; "2013 is the turning point for team Lewis Bridger, I intend to achieve greatness in 2013 there is nothing holding me back. I have some amazing people/partners onboard, and in all honesty I couldn't do it without them. I have an excellent mechanic for 2013 and one of the best engine tuners in the world looking after my motors, what more could a 23yr old British lad want"

We all know that talk is cheap and words mean nothing without actions, but he is hardly lacking ambition!

• Like 1

Have a read of his website, on his home page he has written; "2013 is the turning point for team Lewis Bridger, I intend to achieve greatness in 2013 there is nothing holding me back. I have some amazing people/partners onboard, and in all honesty I couldn't do it without them. I have an excellent mechanic for 2013 and one of the best engine tuners in the world looking after my motors, what more could a 23yr old British lad want"

We all know that talk is cheap and words mean nothing without actions, but he is hardly lacking ambition!

I look forward to watching him ride with interest. As i said, he has the abillity to be as good as Scott Nicholls in his prime.

It makes me so so angry when riders with abillity come across as though they have no ambition, i hope he proves me wrong, because as i said, you only have one life, and if you have abillity in your choosen sport you maximise it, unless circumtances depict otherwise..

• Like 1

I look forward to watching him ride with interest. As i said, he has the abillity to be as good as Scott Nicholls in his prime.

It makes me so so angry when riders with abillity come across as though they have no ambition, i hope he proves me wrong, because as i said, you only have one life, and if you have abillity in your choosen sport you maximise it, unless circumtances depict otherwise..

He also brought an upright to the 2012 NYC at Newport... as someone said what a waste of a chance for someone like Nick Morris to ride.

If he'd turned up to a league meeting with an upright I'd have agreed with some of the comments on here (I say some, because there are some that are downright insulting and the people posting should be ashamed) but this was a one off - a bit of fun before the season starts. He doesn't have to have his race gear fully up to spec and race ready until March. Get off his back and grow up.

• Like 5

Is Nick Morris even in the country?

No disrespect to the NL standard / lower PL lads who did turn out but surely if riders like Morris were available they'd have been programmed to ride instead?

Nick Morris apparently according to press report, flew back in time for the meeting and was going to be there as a spectator although I did not see him. He was not available for original dates so management stuck with those riders who said they were available on the first date.

SNAFU in his post, thanks Bridger for coming down and entertaining us all. When you see an Elite League rider advertised as riding and he poodles around at the back tailed off, it beggars belief that you find that entertaining.

If he'd turned up to a league meeting with an upright I'd have agreed with some of the comments on here (I say some, because there are some that are downright insulting and the people posting should be ashamed) but this was a one off - a bit of fun before the season starts. He doesn't have to have his race gear fully up to spec and race ready until March. Get off his back and grow up.

When people are parting with money which equals what they part for a league meeting, they have the right to want to turn up and see a committed lineup.

Read Debbie Hancocks PR before the meeting... Morris was here and willing to ride should a place become free. But Hancock didnt want to release anyone from the field because they were "committed".

So instead of the Somerset fans in particular turning up to see their new second heatleader in action, they got to see an over rated Brit dicking about on an ancient bike, just like he done at Newport a year or two ago.

Im sorry but out of season fun meeting or not, the riders should still take it seriously. Bridger wonders why people are always on his back... this is a prime example.

• Like 1

Is Nick Morris even in the country?

No disrespect to the NL standard / lower PL lads who did turn out but surely if riders like Morris were available they'd have been programmed to ride instead?

Unless I misheard, I think they announced part way through the meeting he was in the clubhouse.