British Speedway Forum
oldtimer

Cheapest Speedway Admission In Premier

I've no idea but the most expensive is a little stadium just down the road from Hoddesdon. £16 and £14 for concessions as of 2012 but, worse still, these entry prices had been carried forward from 2011 and, at that time, higher than some EL clubs. What will happen in 2013 is anyone's guess. Incidentally, there is no season ticket option and never has been.

Edited by tocha

At £330, you'd have to go to 22 meetings at £15 each. Guaranteed meetings will be 12 league meetings, 2 league cups, 1 KOC = 15. If Leicester make top 6 then that makes 18 meetings, so where are the other 4 meetings coming from just to get the £330, with no savings! Seems ludicrous to me, surely the idea of a season ticket is that you make a saving, not pay more! And few people these days can guarantee that they'll be able to make every meeting!

It seems expensive to me as well though there is a 10% discount if bought before the end of the year which makes it £297. To play devils advocate, In Leicester's defense they had 24 PL standard and a junior meetings included in last years season ticket (a saving of £40-£70 i think) and i would of thought that will the plan again this year as they try and maximise the usage of the stadium. With going on holiday and illnesses etc i don't think i saved anything last year though so it's a tough call on getting more this year.

Mick.

It seems expensive to me as well though there is a 10% discount if bought before the end of the year which makes it £297. To play devils advocate, In Leicester's defense they had 24 PL standard and a junior meetings included in last years season ticket (a saving of £40-£70 i think) and i would of thought that will the plan again this year as they try and maximise the usage of the stadium. With going on holiday and illnesses etc i don't think i saved anything last year though so it's a tough call on getting more this year.

Mick.

Last yeat there was 22 meetings at £15.00 each, ( not including Karlsson testimonial, which obviously wasn't in the season ticket price) , 2 junior meetings which i think were charged at £5 on the night. So if you went to them all would have cost £340, only a £10 saving if you paid the full £330, but a saving of £43 if you bought at the early 10% discount price of £297. These prices are the same that are being charged for next season.But last season when the price was set we didn't know that Newport were going to pull out & were due to face them 3 times at home, having drawn them in the KO cup, so that would have been 25 meetings. I have bought my ticket for next season at the early offer price of £297 , but looking at what some clubs are charging it does seem quite expensive, more so if you can't afford it before christmas & have to pay £330 after the offer finishes.

Last yeat there was 22 meetings at £15.00 each, ( not including Karlsson testimonial, which obviously wasn't in the season ticket price) , 2 junior meetings which i think were charged at £5 on the night. So if you went to them all would have cost £340, only a £10 saving if you paid the full £330, but a saving of £43 if you bought at the early 10% discount price of £297. These prices are the same that are being charged for next season.But last season when the price was set we didn't know that Newport were going to pull out & were due to face them 3 times at home, having drawn them in the KO cup, so that would have been 25 meetings. I have bought my ticket for next season at the early offer price of £297 , but looking at what some clubs are charging it does seem quite expensive, more so if you can't afford it before christmas & have to pay £330 after the offer finishes.

I've counted them up and i now make it 23 meetings (did we pay for the test match thing?) and 1 junior meeting (the only ones i can recall having to pay for seperately were the Karlsson testimonial and the MDL individual final). Either way, it's expensive and it would be nice to at least get a free programme or at worst to allow someone else to use it when the owner can't use it for whatever reason (illnesses, holidays).

Edited by volty

Mick.

The main problem there being that these extra meetings aren't guaranteed, who's to say there won't be any at all next year! Also, the extra meetings last year, ie the test match and junior championship round, both of which I attended, only pulled in small crowds, probably far less than what Mr Hemsley expected, so he may not be so keen to hold such events again next year...... To buy a Leicester season ticket you have to be pretty convinced and very committed to making EVERY meeting, and even so you still may not make a saving!

The main problem there being that these extra meetings aren't guaranteed, who's to say there won't be any at all next year! Also, the extra meetings last year, ie the test match and junior championship round, both of which I attended, only pulled in small crowds, probably far less than what Mr Hemsley expected, so he may not be so keen to hold such events again next year...... To buy a Leicester season ticket you have to be pretty convinced and very committed to making EVERY meeting, and even so you still may not make a saving!

Totally agree Lions12. Hopefully somebody from the promotion has read this thread and sees the need to make the deal better value for money (ought to include a free programme at least at these prices!)

I've counted them up and i now make it 23 meetings (did we pay for the test match thing?) and 1 junior meeting (the only ones i can recall having to pay for seperately were the Karlsson testimonial and the MDL individual final). Either way, it's expensive and it would be nice to at least get a free programme or at worst to allow someone else to use it when the owner can't use it for whatever reason (illnesses, holidays).

There was also the Pride of the Midlands and the 4 team event.

Totally agree Lions12. Hopefully somebody from the promotion has read this thread and sees the need to make the deal better value for money (ought to include a free programme at least at these prices!)

I produce my own racecard as I would only throw away the programme.

Yes , you're right it was 23 meetings & no we didn't pay for test match or the MDL final which is why i put down 2 junior meetings. I agree about maybe giving a free programme out, would make the season ticket offer more attractive.

There was also the Pride of the Midlands and the 4 team event.

I produce my own racecard as I would only throw away the programme.

I did include the Pride of the Midlands & the 4TT when i added up the total meetings which as Volty correctly says was 23 plus the MDL final & the British junior event, which if you would have had to pay on the gate were i think, only a fiver.Which ever way you look at it, it's not brilliant value for money you only have to miss a meeting or maybe 2 through holidays, illness etc. & you're losing money

At £330, you'd have to go to 22 meetings at £15 each. Guaranteed meetings will be 12 league meetings, 2 league cups, 1 KOC = 15. If Leicester make top 6 then that makes 18 meetings, so where are the other 4 meetings coming from just to get the £330, with no savings! Seems ludicrous to me, surely the idea of a season ticket is that you make a saving, not pay more! And few people these days can guarantee that they'll be able to make every meeting!

At least 24 meetings planned at Leicester apparently so comparing with the Berwick season ticket is like comparing apples to oranges as they say Edited by hurricanes

At least 24 meetings planned at Leicester apparently so comparing with the Berwick season ticket is like comparing apples to oranges as they say

Is there any point discussion various season ticket prices when the clubs are charging different admission prices, no one will buy one if they dont think it is good value.Berwick have to be applauded on their pricing but like you say it is irrelevant regarding other clubs. Edited by Fromafar

Is there any point discussion various season ticket prices when the clubs are charging different admission prices, no one will buy one if they dont think it is good value.Berwick have to be applauded on their pricing but like you say it is irrelevant regarding other clubs.

spot on!
  • Like 1

if your a rugby fan aswell then workington have just agreed a deal with the rugby club if both teams are at home the same weekend then a special ticket can be bought to cover both sports for only £20 so for fans of both sports thats a great deal and shows the 2 clubs can work together to try and encourage new fans to both sports

• Like 2

some clubs have got to be more realistic with their pricing .families only have a certain amount of spare cash each month and if the clubs are competeing with football ,ice hockey,rugby,etc then they have got to be competetive.if the product is poor and meetings are drawn out then fans will soon turn their backs.

At least 24 meetings planned at Leicester apparently so comparing with the Berwick season ticket is like comparing apples to oranges as they say

Then that could maybe be advertised better on the website in order to encourage more people to feel that they're getting a decent offer, instead of just the standard 15 programmed fixtures (12PL, 2 LC, 1 KOC)....

• Like 1

OK, the topic is called "Cheapest Speedway Admission In Premier".

So that's Berwick. Undoubtably.

Next question: Who is demanding the most-expensive admission in the Premier?