British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

BSI worked very hard on this deal and equally, Eurosport are very pro-speedway, just what we need.

Yes!! What a result :party: ...can only do good for the sport (hopefully) that its on a very bike orientated channel.

Edited by emerald tyke

Will Eurosport grab the chance next year when the Sky contract runs out for the EL Coverage?.

Surely the difference is that Eurosport will just be taking the BSI-arranged feed, whereas for the BEL, Sky did the production as well?

ALSO, BSI license the SGP/SWC deals, but the EL is handled by GoSpeed, who still can't find an outlet for their Polish Speedway. I think it's a bit too early to start talking about the domestic side of things, however, I personally feel the EL will remain in the hands of SKY, but don't expect any 'long-term' deals; perhaps leaning more towards a rolling year-by-year kind of contract.

Surely the difference is that Eurosport will just be taking the BSI-arranged feed, whereas for the BEL, Sky did the production as well?

HAVE posted here a million (well, almost) times that Sky were only involved in the production, apart from their own studio chat, at Cardiff and King's Lynn. Otherwise they took the same feed as all the other countries, which is exactly what Eurosport will get and use.

SORRY Humphrey, didn't read your post properly. Apologies. You are right, Sky have to provide the pictures at EL meetings, which I believe cost over £50,000 a meeting. No wonder they don't like rain-offs ... but that happens at cricket as well.

Glad it's all sorted out. Can't imagine GP's viable without TV coverage. Well done Philip for keeping morale up!

• Like 1

I know I don't like the GP System - but - I'm glad it is going to be shown live in the UK. I am looking forward to it. :t::approve: :approve:

.............. aren't I a hypocrite. :oops::wink:

Fantastic news, well pleased.

Edited by Steve

Does this mean we wont have to put up with screamin` Pearson in the GP`s now (I hope)

Edited by gary moore

Does this mean we wont have to put up with screamin` Pearson in the GP`s now (I hope)

The obvious answer is don't watch you are like one or two more you would have been whinging even more if it weren't on tv and 10 days ago it looked likely that's what was gonna happen i say bring on Nigel & Kelvin and roll on 3am Saturday morning no doubt you will be sound asleep not wanting to listen to them
  • Like 1

Going by what I've read elsewhere and I think Phil mentioned on another thread, Steve Johnson and a guy I've not heard of will be doing the NZ GP. There is a chance Nigel and Kelvin will be taking up commentary for the others, depending on permission and availability. Personally I hope they do.