British Speedway Forum
The White Knight

No Gps On Sky Television Next Year?

As has been stated elsewhere Wade Aunger and Steve Johnston will be providing the world feed commentary for the NZ SGP. As I understand it who provides it from Bydgoszcz onwards is still being worked on.

The obvious answer is don't watch you are like one or two more you would have been whinging even more if it weren't on tv and 10 days ago it looked likely that's what was gonna happen i say bring on Nigel & Kelvin and roll on 3am Saturday morning no doubt you will be sound asleep not wanting to listen to them

Good post No 5...

I'm just grateful that the GP's are and have been available on TV.

There's not that many commentators in any sport that I especially like, but then I always have the option to press the Mute button should I wish - haven't done that yet mind.

The obvious answer is don't watch you are like one or two more you would have been whinging even more if it weren't on tv and 10 days ago it looked likely that's what was gonna happen i say bring on Nigel & Kelvin and roll on 3am Saturday morning no doubt you will be sound asleep not wanting to listen to them

Personally,I couldnt care less if the GP`s are on or off so dont assume were all the same matey?

I pay good money along with others to watch a `professional` programme,having a commentator who screams all the time doesnt do it?

Why would I want to get up at 3am when I can record it?

ps notice the full stops?

Edited by gary moore

Personally,I couldnt care less if the GP`s are on or off so dont assume were all the same matey?

I pay good money along with others to watch a `professional` programme,having a commentator who screams all the time doesnt do it?

Can't see any full stops - just a couple of 'iffy' question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions!! :wink:

• Like 1

Can't see any full stops - just a couple of 'iffy' question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions!! :wink:

:rofl: :rofl:

Well for someone who doesn't care you keep going on about it
  • Like 2

What video? It's just a news item.

Looks rather like a 30 second video to me

• Like 2

What video? It's just a news item.

You need to wait a little while for it to load....but it's definitely there.

You need to wait a little while for it to load....but it's definitely there.

Yes Jacques it is. I've just watched it. :t:

Enjoyed the Eurosport coverage of the GP, in fact I thought it was far better than Sky. Liked the Wade Aunger / Steve Johnson commentary and none of those tedious cut backs to the studio for comments by Keith Huewen, who even after a few years of presenting speedway still seems to know less than the average speedway fan. Nigel Pearson was okay on Sky, but I was a bit fed up of his OTT yelling and screaming during racing and the constant repetition of the same facts or latest piece of gossip.

Good straight forward presentation from Eurosport. Good job.

• Like 2

Enjoyed the Eurosport coverage of the GP, in fact I thought it was far better than Sky. Liked the Wade Aunger / Steve Johnson commentary and none of those tedious cut backs to the studio for comments by Keith Huewen, who even after a few years of presenting speedway still seems to know less than the average speedway fan. Nigel Pearson was okay on Sky, but I was a bit fed up of his OTT yelling and screaming during racing and the constant repetition of the same facts or latest piece of gossip.

Agree with you BB , very enjoyable, a nice change,gets my vote.

I also enjoyed the fact coverage never left the arena, to go back to the studio.

It had nothing to do with Eurosport. They simply buy the world feed exactly as SKY have done in the past. The Heuwen studio bit was SKYs own input, Eurosport simply let the feed run

• Like 1