PL TROPHY WINNERS: Newcastle

PL KO CUP WINNERS: Berwick

PL FOURS WINNERS: Leicester

PL PAIRS WINNERS: Plymouth

TOP OF PL AVERAGES: Richie Worrall

BEST NEWCOMER: Max Frickle

MOST POINTS ADDED TO STARTING AVERAGE: Micky Dyer

WOODEN SPOON TEAM IN PL: Sheffield

If James Wright gets his head straight again he could stick a point or so on his average, being in the same team as Screen should help.

Big year for Wright, if he is average Glasgow are pretty poor, if he hits form they have a third heat leader pushing on 8.00 which means they are going to have a decent year.

Kling on 6.6 is an interesting one, in theory an EL guy coming down should be upping that without a problerm, but, I dont know, could be a Risager sitting here in a few years saying "talent alone will get him a 8" , he seems to be excellent at Plymouth,which should seem him around 7.00ish, maybe being harsh on him based on his display at Berwick last year when he was turgid and didnt look interested, might be a one off or might be the norm.

Edited by wjm

Kling on 6.6 is an interesting one, in theory an EL guy coming down should be upping that without a problerm, but, I dont know, could be a Risager sitting here in a few years saying "talent alone will get him a 8" , he seems to be excellent at Plymouth,which should seem him around 7.00ish, maybe being harsh on him based on his display at Berwick last year when he was turgid and didnt look interested, might be a one off or might be the norm.

Saw him ride for Rye House at SBA and he was pretty good. Finished stone last first time out, then was beaten by Gathercole in a close race, beat Fisher twice and then was harshly excluded in heat 15. I think Plymouth have got a good signing on that average.

Its pretty open this year. My four for the play offs are Somerset, Berwick, Leicester & Newcastle but Scunthorpe, Edinburgh, Workington, & Ipswich aren't far behind.

If Plymouth get two reasonable points scorers in the last two vacancies they'll be in with a shout too. Rye House will surprise a few - they are better than some are suggesting.

The only three that I suspect will be outside of the main pack are Redcar, Glasgow & Sheffield.

Right, it's that time of the year again - all you pundits can make your predictions so that we can all have a good laugh in 10 or 11 months time! Categories are as follows:-

PL PLAY-OFF WINNERS (and CHAMPIONS!)

Edinburgh

PL FINAL LEAGUE LEADERS:

Edinburgh

PL TROPHY WINNERS:

Scunthorpe

PL KO CUP WINNERS:

Newcastle

PL FOURS WINNERS:

Somerset

PL PAIRS WINNERS:

Edinburgh

TOP OF PL AVERAGES:

Cookie

BEST NEWCOMER:

Fricke

MOST POINTS ADDED TO STARTING AVERAGE:

Tabaka

WOODEN SPOON TEAM IN PL:

Glasgow

Most of the predictions for 2012 were way out, so lets hope it's better this time - Happy New Year!

I was convinced that Kling was Rye House bound, but when you think about it someone is gonna have to make way when Luke Bowen is fit to return mid season. Can't see Silver ditching any of his assets or Olly Allen, but Simon Lambert fits the bill perfectly.

I think the top four will be Scunthorpe, Somerset, Edinburgh & Newcastle in no particular order.

Leicester have a few guys coming back from big injuries, but despite that, I like the look of them. Blackbird under-performed for them this year - he's a much better rider than his average shows. I expect them to be up there.

You could say the same about Newcastle with the Worralls and King (I assume) coming back from big injuries. Reckon they'll be up there aswell. I think they are 2 teams who will get stronger as the season progresses.

Somerset and Scunthorpe both look strong aswell and will be up there challenging for the play-off spots.

Edinburgh look very good at the moment, too.

They are the pick of the bunch for me. Workington won't be far behind either.

• Like 1