British Speedway Forum

:blink:

He was saying PEE-DER-SON which is, amazingly, how you say Nickis surname. But British commentators have got it wrong for years. Heaven forbid someone should try and say Charlie Gjedde last name correctly, would confused everyone :D In fact, my one issue with Nigel Pearsons is his poor pronunciation of riders names and often he has no excuse, the rider are a few foot away from him in the pits.

Whats Bjarne*s 2nd. name?? or Jano*s..??

:blink: Whats Bjarne*s 2nd. name?? or Jano*s..??

Im guessing it's the same as they're both Danish. but if I was going to be saying their name in front of thousands of people I'd make sure I asked them.

Your post - 'All meetings except when Poole are racing.

Their meetings will be on the Adult Channel , where all the t!ts can be seen.'

Why mention Poole (or any team for that matter) in the context of an Adult channel?? Totally irrelevant to the thread as well as being somewhat insulting as well!! Hence my response which suggested that, to come out with comments like that,you must like watching the channel with all the t!!ts to keep warm!! We don't need such things 'daaann saaaath' to keep warm, we have the World Champion and other top speedway riders every week!! :t:

ps. just watched heat 20 of the NZ GP again - terrific racing by Darcy Ward. Looking forward to seeing more of the same this Friday.

Awh well looks like you have everything down South, except a life and a sense of humour.

Enjoy!

Edited by george.m

Oh well new batteries for the hearing aid it is for me then, cant comment about the other three people who heard "PEE-TER-SON", nor if the pronounciation is correct or not, but we always use the "d" in his name

And do you say Nicky or Nee-kee

Must say the difference between starting positions did spoil the meeting somewhat,not the 1st time this has happened in a gp &don't suppose it will be the last . must say that the locals sitting near us had little knowledge of motor cycle speedway & some eer even expecting midget car racing despite the extensive advertising showing bikes. at least it_was much warmer sitting on these terraces than it is bavk home . also understand from speaking with locals that there could be some doubt about Nextel years event as there are problems with local residents over noise. (What's new)

Edited by STARRGAZER1

In view of the above when are we likely to get a decision on 2014? Would like to go next year as part of a long awaited trip. Any help appreciated.

Speedway was not good., However have to say Eurosport presented it very well, almost felt I was there except for the adverts. Much better presentation than Sky, showing plenty of action from the track, including presentations at begining and end. No visits to Studio thank goodness. Anchor man who ever he was, kept things going but was not seen. Please note Eurosport more of the same please and do not copy SKY. Exclusions were a pity, but unfortunately someone has to be excluded if race is stopped as declared in the rules. Not easy decision for ref, but if a rider on the ground it is always likely to be him selected. Liked Jason Bunyans inflatable suit, might safe a lot of nasty injuries.

• Like 1

Speedway was not good., However have to say Eurosport presented it very well, almost felt I was there except for the adverts. Much better presentation than Sky, showing plenty of action from the track, including presentations at begining and end. No visits to Studio thank goodness. Anchor man who ever he was, kept things going but was not seen. Please note Eurosport more of the same please and do not copy SKY. Exclusions were a pity, but unfortunately someone has to be excluded if race is stopped as declared in the rules. Not easy decision for ref, but if a rider on the ground it is always likely to be him selected. Liked Jason Bunyans inflatable suit, might safe a lot of nasty injuries.

I totally agree - the Presentation by Eurosport was superb. :t:

I thought that Bunyan and Iversen were BOTH very badly treated by the Referee. Sadly this seems to happen in GPs. Over the years I have seen a lot of questionable Decisions. More so, I think, in League Meetings.

I wonder why? Pressure on the Referee perhaps?

A good start for the speedway season, Tv was pretty good and commentary also better than what we have had before. Only really down side was the dreadful track, which made racing a no goer really apart from the odd race. Roll on the next gp on a proper track.

APART from the start positions all the boys thought the track was great. Darcy and Emil proved that. In this sort of field anyone who gets in front - witness Zagar in his last race - can stay there.

Referee had no option with Iversen, unlucky though he was. He laid his bike down, with all good intentions, but the fact is that no one fell off in front of him and the race was stopped because Niels was on the track ... hence the cause of the stoppage.

• Like 1

APART from the start positions all the boys thought the track was great. Darcy and Emil proved that. In this sort of field anyone who gets in front - witness Zagar in his last race - can stay there.

Referee had no option with Iversen, unlucky though he was. He laid his bike down, with all good intentions, but the fact is that no one fell off in front of him and the race was stopped because Niels was on the track ... hence the cause of the stoppage.

Butter it up Phil, Track was awful and you know it. Very little racing or passing which we do see on other tracks. Travel half way round the world to watch that ? I think not. I think the general veiw is the track did not produce a good meeting.

• Like 2

Agree, unfortunate for Niels but those are the rules.

With the Jason Bunyan incident it did seem as though he was hard done by but the camrea shots did not show the whole incident so the jury is still out. :blink:

• Like 1

APART from the start positions all the boys thought the track was great.

Shock,horror!!!! How did i predict that one? :party: And of course one race does really prove the point.....

Can't wait for Prague or that bit of cordoned of Italian motorway when Olly say's "Another fine mess....."No,i mean this is one of the best tracks i have ever seen,all the riders agree and just wait,if we get two decents races it will prove my point..........

• Like 3

So basically we are saying that Ward got himself in to difficulty and, because Iversen 'laid down' his Bike to avoid hitting him, he should be excluded (I don't go along with this Disqualified rubbish either).

What about another scenario - same accident Ward falls. Iversen doesn't 'Lay Down', ploughs in to him and puts him in Hospital with broken bones. I know that in that scenario Ward would be excluded for causing the stoppage. To me - in the actual Meeting Ward caused Iversen to 'Lay Down' his Bike - ergo - Ward caused the stoppage.

The action taken by the Referee on Saturday Evening is hardly going to encourage Riders to 'Lay Down' their Machines - is it?

• Like 2

Agree, unfortunate for Niels but those are the rules.

With the Jason Bunyan incident it did seem as though he was hard done by but the camrea shots did not show the whole incident so the jury is still out. :blink:

The damaged spokes in the front wheel were a pretty good indication.

Edited by Lord Skid