British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Aussie Champs January 2013

Apparently an engine blowing on the way to the start line for the final, nothing to do with what happened before. The 'altercation' was not really anything, over before it started and didn't involve fisticuffs, not much more than a few words.

Yeah they both confirmed it didn't even get to 'handbags'!!!

I managed to get to Undera and I am glad I did. You can read the results yourself, but they don't tell much of the story.

Undera is a 270 metre track and is not all that wide. The crowd sits right on top of the track, so the view is outstanding and you feel like you are part of the action. Being quick out of the gate was critical and most of the races were decided in the first half lap. The closeness of the racing had to be seen to believed. You could ride like a demon and finish fourth. Just ask Cameron Heeps. It was that sort of meeting. The quality of the racing was world class. All the riders should be congratulated for putting on a first class display. The top three were brilliant. I sat with the Mildura crowd supporting Cameron "The Whirlwind" Woodward and we had a wow of a night.

There were a couple of minor falls and the placed riders from the first round, apart from the winner Troy " The Tiger" Batchelor had a tough night. Jason "The Jetman" Doyle went well but so did everybody else. Rohan "The Rocket" Tungate seemed to have some mishap with the secondary boosters and struggled all night. His cause was not helped by a nasty crash into the turn one wall when he tangled with Kozza Smith. The wall by the way is rubber. After a delay he recovered and rode in the rerun.

Ride of the night belonged to Davey Watt in the B final. He looks to be recovering well after his op and his outside pass to win in the final lap was amazing.

It truly was a great night of racing and the Goulburn Valley Motorcycle Club deserves accolades for staging the event.

It's off to Kurri tomorrow night for the final round. The championship is now at the mercy of Troy Batchelor and I expect he will win. Second and third could be just about anyone. The weather forecast is for a possible shower and 44 degrees. This is not a typo. If it is 44, I think I will enjoy getting wet.

Yeah they both confirmed it didn't even get to 'handbags'!!!

To me, handbags is just gestures,posturing or a few words....punches, helmet butting and anything else, I call a scrap! :lol:

I agree with JJJ riders put on a great night of racing. The track was under prepared had blue line and dry dirt on outside, Davey Watt was the only rider that used the outside line to pass. Dakota North was all over Troy in final due to track conditions he had nothing to work with to make a passing move. MA have a few questions to answer 1. No riders breast plates for 1st time spectators was difficult to follow meeting. 2. They need a time clock at start line for riders 2 minutes as it is obvious the ref did not have one Davey Watt had enough time to replace his engine and was not excluded he made the decision to not start in the final not the ref.

Overall result for the Aussie Champs

Overall winner: Troy Batchelor

Second: Dakota North

Third: Cameron Woodward

Fourth: Rohan Tungate

It was a great night of racing at Kurri, for the final round of the Australian Championships. The Kurri club and all the riders should be commended for making it so enjoyable.

Dakota North and Cam Woodward carried their form over from Undera and secured the minor placings. Rohan "The Rocket" Tungate, had the after burner firing and defeated Jason Doyle in a run off for fourth. Ride of the night again went to Davey Watt. This bloke is great to watch and Hammers fans must get real value seeing him go round regularly.

The winner, Troy Batchelor did it in style, winning all three rounds. He is a very worthy Australian Champion and joins the list of speedway greats that I have had the pleasure to see. These include - Chris Holder, Jason Crump, Todd Wiltshire, Leigh Adams, Craig Boyce, Glenn Doyle, Steve Reinke, Phil Crump, John Boulger, Bob Sharp, Billy Sanders and Mr Magic himself, Jim Airey.

Congratulations to Troy. Now if we could put a league team together with the guys who rode in these championships, I reckon it would do well. Is there a track in Earls Court?

It's a shame the best aussie riders don't race in this. I know holder has been been injured but over the years some of the best riders don't compete in this even though they are in aussie at the time

I'm sure the aussie fans would want to see the best aussie riders race for the aussie championship

It's a shame the best aussie riders don't race in this. I know holder has been been injured but over the years some of the best riders don't compete in this even though they are in aussie at the time

It was a quality field of riders and the racing reflected this. One name that would be nice to see in the program is D.Ward.

I'm sure the aussie fans would want to see the best aussie riders race for the aussie championship

Isnt it to help the others secure places in other competitions ie Grand Prix qualifiers and spots in the UK

In the long run that may be seen as the most advantageous option for Aussie Speedway overall.

• Like 1

History is made by those who turn up.

In twenty years, no-one will remember who didn't ride - only that these four guys did, and qualified to the GP Qualifiers.

The result will surely give Batchelor's career a huge lift, and also showcase Dakota North to UK clubs still dithering over who to sign.

Don't you think in 20 years time people will wonder why the world champ and his team mate Darcy Ward didn't even make it into the top 4 if they look at the results?Strange comment!!!

So the best riders didn't ride so others could get into for 4 places for gp qf yes

That's almost as bad as penhall throwing his race out white City all them years ago lol

It was a quality field of riders and the racing reflected this. One name that would be nice to see in the program is D.Ward.

I HEAR that he is still not fit enough to race competitively