British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattK

Ukspeedwayseries

Hi

Just came across an advert for this competition, does anybody know anything about it ?

according to thier website the first round is scheduled for 23rd of April at Leicester.

have i been living in a bubble (no smart comments please) :lol:

website here

http://www.ukspeedwayseries.com/

It's a surprise to me too, if you look on the MCF website, they are involved in all types of motorcycle events.

I noticed this on Twitter but the website doesnt say much.

Hi

Just came across an advert for this competition, does anybody know anything about it ?

according to thier website the first round is scheduled for 23rd of April at Leicester.

have i been living in a bubble (no smart comments please) :lol:

website here

http://www.ukspeedwayseries.com/

There's already a thread in 'Speedway Discussions'.

I hope its been properly approved by the correct authorities otherwise there is potential for some bans!!!!

The accompanying action photos are predominently Premier League.

I noticed this on Twitter but the website doesnt say much.

I've read the rules on there but it says nothing about rolling averages, loan agreements or 2 riders from top 20 :blink:

UK Speedway Series in 2013, will be ran over 6 rounds with a 16 rider format.

It is affiliated by the MCFederation who are one of the most forward thinking motorcycle federations in the uk.

The website has been released with not a lot of info but just keep checking back as it won't be long befor it's full of info. ie: riders, sponsors, dates & venues!

www.ukspeedwayseries.com

Facebook: UkSpeedwaySeries

Twitter: @SpeedwaSeries

• Like 2

Pictures on their website feature PL riders. Could it be an individual series for top PL men? If so would be very interesting....lets hope.

They could make this some kind of an Overseas Championship Series in contrast to the new Continental European Championship. A UK series with the top British, Aussie and American riders would be nice.

Sounds a good idea, I'd imagine that all the Brits excluding the boys who ride abroad, would be keen to take part in a series like this?

They could make this some kind of an Overseas Championship Series in contrast to the new Continental European Championship. A UK series with the top British, Aussie and American riders would be nice.

Why not keep this as a totally British rider championship. Give the lads a chance, instead of paying over the odds appearance money for some over the top riders on a meal ticket. Enough of them in the Elite at present who dont care about anyone but themselves.

This is an ideal opportunity to bring through the British talent and let the fans see them, associate with them and get behind them.

• Like 6