British Speedway Forum
philcrumpisgod

Poole Make Financial Loss In 2012

We'll never know about speedway, it's a closed shop.But generally in UK football, the clubs making the most profit are NOT the biggest clubs. The bigger clubs tend to be run by egomaniacs who want to win and will do so at whatever cost. But it's all relative, someone taking home £400 a week will spend £30 going to speedway and then £30 down the pub. Thats £60 of their £400 they'll get no return on. So a person taking home £4,000 a month may thing nothing of losing £1,500 a month to have a go at playing speedway promoters.

Im sure there are clubs out there happily ticking over, giving the promoters a reasonably living (if not great).

Maybe Matt was happy enough losing a few £££ in 2012 because he's made a relative killing over the previous 10 years.

if poole made a loss in 2012 then someone is charging far too much for what they are supplying, either landlords, council,utillity supplies, bspa or riders or matts deep pockets

if poole made a loss in 2012 then someone is charging far too much for what they are supplying, either landlords, council,utillity supplies, bspa or riders or matts deep pockets

Not necessarily..............in the current economic climate no business is safe.............it does not matter who the is promoter and if you read into the info deeper it states they lost some sponsorship which would have contributed to business income then they are not going to make a profit...........sadly we are going to see a decline in sponsorship for teams and riders as businesses struggle to survive.................

Also people like myself have to pick and choose which matches we go to because of costs.........

RP

• Like 1

Poole speedway may not have made any money this year but don't worry peeps Matt Ford's brilliant life style has not changed for the worse !!! lol

Thats if you can catch him in this country for hes always in his villa in Spain !!! And poor Matt he couldn't afford a brand new car last year as money was tight !!!

Not bad for some one who has made every single penny he has out of poole speedway !! Not knocking the guy but he seems to feel he is the only one in this country struggling ?? Even his fish and chip shop (sorry gourmey grill) was bought for out of poole speedway money!!

Various sponsors hand over hundred of thousands of pounds each aswell to Mr Ford!! That does not include the main sponsor !!! Maybe if Mr Ford didn't take them for granted each year he may not have lost some for this season!! And YES I am a Poole Fan... It just annoys me when so many other Pirates fans arse lick him so much!!! ITS YOUR money hes living off!!!!!!!!! :)

Various sponsors hand over hundred of thousands of pounds each aswell to Mr Ford!! That does not include the main sponsor !!! Maybe if Mr Ford didn't take them for granted each year he may not have lost some for this season!! And YES I am a Poole Fan... It just annoys me when so many other Pirates fans arse lick him so much!!! ITS YOUR money hes living off!!!!!!!!! :)

And why should he not? Everyone makes a living off someone else's money, so if Matt Ford puts time and effort into Poole speedway and is successful, then why should he not reap the rewards? Speedway is a risky business as well, with more destitute former promoters than successful ones.

• Like 1

Poole speedway may not have made any money this year but don't worry peeps Matt Ford's brilliant life style has not changed for the worse !!! lol

Thats if you can catch him in this country for hes always in his villa in Spain !!! And poor Matt he couldn't afford a brand new car last year as money was tight !!!

Not bad for some one who has made every single penny he has out of poole speedway !! Not knocking the guy but he seems to feel he is the only one in this country struggling ?? Even his fish and chip shop (sorry gourmey grill) was bought for out of poole speedway money!!

But you are not knocking Matt Ford. FFS.

• Like 1

Your surname isn't King, is it??! :D Only asking.......?

• Like 1

You could do a lot worse than having Matt Ford as your promoter,the guy gives the club stability and puts his hand in his pocket to give you a competitive team and signs the worlds best riders year after year.So if the guy makes a few bob out of it so what,if your successful you deserve it,Matt speculates to accumulate ! Matt Ford and Poole are successful,as a fan what more do you want !
  • Like 4

Is Poole a limited company?

Surely the only things worth knowing here are what the actual loss is and how much has been taken as either salary or dividend by the owner?

Joking aside ! Poole have had 3 successful seasons in a row in the league,top end of the table regular season and play off finalists 3 years in a row.It would be interesting to know how the finances compare at Poole for those 3 years of similar success.Another topic on this forum debates the start of the decline of the sport,it would be interesting to see the finances at Poole to see if there has been a significant decline in revenue since 2010.Guess we will never know but a comparison of 2010,2011 and 2012 would be interesting !

I have sent you a PM New Science

Is Poole a limited company?

Yes.

Surely the only things worth knowing here are what the actual loss is and how much has been taken as either salary or dividend by the owner?

Thanks, just checked 28 Feb year end so accounts not due till November

Correct x 2

Factually incorrect.................He has not made every penny he has out of speedway...........he was a successful businessman before he took on the club.......................and he spends more time doing what all promoters out there should be doing.........promoting the club to the public.............I can honestly say that in 36 years of following Poole we are currently in the clubs most successful period and in this current climate that is something to be proud of even if we are making a loss..............

RP

• Like 2