British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Irk Deflector

24th August 2013 Gp Challenge @ Poole

Niels Kristian Iversen

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Kenneth Bjerre

All GP riders next year!

Smoliski and Harris both scored 10! Dunno who gets 4th and 5th!

Kazpazak is through with Iversen! Last heat and if Smolinski wins hes 3rd and gets a place and Harris finsihes 5TH Behind Bjerre!

2p is should be enough since Smolinski got two 1st places while Harris only have one 1st place.

Edited by Ghostwalker

PRETTY sure the answer will be that when a late withdrawal means none of the riders next in qualification order can compete it is up to the host nation to provide an additional rider or riders. Although the actually decision would have come via the SCB or the ACU (as the body affiliated to the FIM) no doubt the BSPA were asked to make the nomination. But, as said earlier, will enquire from Tony Steele.

• Like 1

Surely Smolinski 4th, he beat Harris in their first heat and had two wins versus Harris' one. Thank God for that!

Harris first reserve next season if PUK finishes in the GP top 8?

JT.

Best result for the GP's there, best 3 riders on paper, so not all bad.

• Like 1

BSI will probably be reasonably happy with result. Means three Danes next year but that won't bother them considering extensive TV coverage there. At least two Poles even if Gollob doesn't make it. A German will go down well, especially with Berlin a possibility.

As stated earlier, Sweden the problem now. Three wild cards to choose with Holder a shoe in and Ward likely to make top eight.

Best result for the GP's there, best 3 riders on paper, so not all bad.

Surely Smolinski 4th, he beat Harris in their first heat and had two wins versus Harris' one. Thank God for that!

Harris first reserve next season if PUK finishes in the GP top 8?

JT.

Yep, assuming that KK doesn't make up 20 points and get into the top 8 this year...............

So Harris fails AGAIN. Quel surprise. And in his home country. Let's hope he takes a leaf out of Iversen's book and never relies on a Wild Card ever again. I won't hold my breath.

BSI will probably be reasonably happy with result. Means three Danes next year but that won't bother them considering extensive TV coverage there. At least two Poles even if Gollob doesn't make it. A German will go down well, especially with Berlin a possibility.

As stated earlier, Sweden the problem now. Three wild cards to choose with Holder a shoe in and Ward likely to make top eight.

You remarked earlier that BSI are happy with their current British quota. Surely they won't waste one of the places on Harris AGAIN will they? I can see them using his fifth place here as an excuse to get him back in, but I hope they see sense.

If next years line up is as follows, I'll be very happy;

1. Tai Woffinden

2. Emil Sayfutdinov

3. Jarek Hampel

4. Nicki Pedersen

5. Niels Kristian Iversen

6. Greg Hancock

7. Matej Zagar

8. Tomasz Gollob

9. Krzystof Kasprzak

10. Kenneth Bjerre

11. Martin Smolinski

12. Chris Holder

13. Darcy Ward

14. Andreas Jonsson

15. Grigory Laguta

JT.

Edited by JT

I would go with AJ, along with Dudek and MJJ...

Oh dear, same old garbage again sadly. I know they qualified but think its time it was freshened up a bit now as sick of seeing all the same tired old faces that do nothing year after year.

The likes of Bjerre, KK, Lindgren, Lindback, AJ etc have all been in it many times & r well passed their sell by date.

Look at how the young guns like Emil, Tai & Darcy have illuminated the sport this year?? If it wasn't for them 3 the series would have been pretty poor to say the least.

Do away with qualifying & get some fresh faces in as picks like the Laguta's, MJJ, Dudek, Pawlicki's, Janowski etc.

Would much rather watch these young guys battling with a few older heads like Nicki P & Greg than the usual dross.

And Smolinski?? Gotta be favourite to be lowest points scorer ever surely?? Worst GP rider since Zorro.

Edited by Bradford Ace

What Happened to the swindon boys ? Full of hot before the meeting and not one gets a sniff of the rostrum !

So Harris fails AGAIN. Quel surprise. And in his home country. Let's hope he takes a leaf out of Iversen's book and never relies on a Wild Card ever again. I won't hold my breath.

You remarked earlier that BSI are happy with their current British quota. Surely they won't waste one of the places on Harris AGAIN will they? I can see them using his fifth place here as an excuse to get him back in, but I hope they see sense.

If next years line up is as follows, I'll be very happy;

1. Tai Woffinden

2. Emil Sayfutdinov

3. Jarek Hampel

4. Nicki Pedersen

5. Niels Kristian Iversen

6. Greg Hancock

7. Matej Zagar

8. Tomasz Gollob

9. Krzystof Kasprzak

10. Kenneth Bjerre

11. Martin Smolinski

12. Chris Holder

13. Darcy Ward

14. Andreas Jonsson

15. Grigory Laguta

JT.

I'd be happy enough with that but cant see Ward missing out on top 8, so swap his place for a Dudek/Janowski.....

Iversen looks set to finish in the top 8, so Martin Smolinski will be in the 2014 Series once NKI is assured of a top 8 place

KK is now assured of a place next year but is 20 points off the top 8 (Holder) but only 11 points behind 9th placed Gollob ... If KK grabs 8th spot, then Bomber gets in !!

What Happened to the swindon boys ? Full of hot before the meeting and not one gets a sniff of the rostrum !

As Poole fan I thought your first thought would be where were you own team riders were on your home track ...glug glug Edited by orion
  • Like 2