British Speedway Forum
hasta la vista

Speedway Betting 2013

Thanks for the advice Mick, but you're wrong! The only bets to avoid 'like the plague' are the ones where the odds are stacked against you. Nothing wrong with head-to-heads, etc so long as the odds/handicap on offer is attractive. In fact, a 2 horse race generally offers the punter the best value, as the bookies mark-up will be less than say in a 16 runner GP field. But as a serious punter, I'm sure you're well aware of this!? Take the Klindt v Stachyra match up last night for example. Neither likely to score many points but Klindt likely to get more. Neither could take more than 4 rides. So Klindt (- 0.5) @ 10/11 or even 4/5 seemed great value to me, but Klindt (- 3) at same odds, not so good, so leave alone. Simple.

Why couldn`t Klindt or Stachyra have more than 4 rides ? Klindt max was 6 (incl heat 15 if eligible) and Stachyra 5 (incl heat 15 if eligible )

Kings Lynn -4

Schlein +3 > Holder

Doyle > Bridger

Are mine for tonight (so far!)

Candy from a baby, only let down by the Schlein/Holder one which couldn't of been much closer.

All this talk of not betting on head-to-head, surely the Doyle > Bridger from scratch was absolutely nailed on? There was no reason at all not to take that one!

Bet 365 have odds on Swindon v Eastbourne tonight. Handicap of 16. Surely worth money on Swindon ( Now -+18 )

Edited by googlehead

On swindon -16 tht looks gd to me they beat poole by 17 so heaven knows wat they will do v eastie

Why couldn`t Klindt or Stachyra have more than 4 rides ? Klindt max was 6 (incl heat 15 if eligible) and Stachyra 5 (incl heat 15 if eligible )

Sorry, forgot about Stead's r/r - even more reason to back Klindt then! But as for Klindt or Stachyra in ht.15?? If that happened, I would assume the bet was settled some time before then. In fact, the day Stachyra appears in ht.15 is the day I give up gambling!

I'm on Swindon at -18 (4/5), can see their powerful top 5 giving the Eagles a really tough time tonight. Prediction 58-32.

Is mickthemuppet going to come on and warn people about handicap betting now? As it seems quite a few have lost backing Swindon tonight.

Ah well, that David Luiz goal saved me from a losing night overall. Eagles surprised me tonight, expected more from the Robins. Maybe a couple of quid on the Aces tomorrow night, we'll see....

Is mickthemuppet going to come on and warn people about handicap betting now? As it seems quite a few have lost backing Swindon tonight.

Yes Mick the Muppet will come on now. I have never suggested not backing one team to beat another. I suggest you go back and read my posts properly. If you read what say my issue is backing riders to score so many points but not know how many rides they are going to have . It's like backing a horse in a handicap but not knowing what weight it will be carrying. Would anybody do that except you know who from Swindon Edited by mickthemuppet

Yes Mick the Muppet will come on now. I have never suggested not backing one team to beat another. I suggest you go back and read my posts properly. If you read what say my issue is backing riders to score so many points but not know how many rides they are going to have . It's like backing a horse in a handicap but not knowing what weight it will be carrying. Would anybody do that except you know who from Swindon

I never said you did but everyone who posted no here backed Swindon on the handicap, the handicap moved from -16 to -18 so plenty of other must have backed Swindon, they all lost. So using your logic of people losing so nobody should bet on that kind of bet you should not be against handicap betting.

The point I'm trying to make is that sometimes, people lose bets, sometimes, people win them. Most people will lose, it's the nature of the game. But most dont care, the buzz of the occasional win is enough. Nothing is free these days and what ever way you get your enjoyment will cost you money, some like to go to the pub and think nothing of spending £50-80 on a night out. Some enjoy spending £35 on a ticket to watch football. Some are happy to accept they may lose £50 a week gambling.

Edited by SCB

Yes Mick the Muppet will come on now. I have never suggested not backing one team to beat another. I suggest you go back and read my posts properly. If you read what say my issue is backing riders to score so many points but not know how many rides they are going to have . It's like backing a horse in a handicap but not knowing what weight it will be carrying. Would anybody do that except you know who from Swindon

What are you on about now ...when your betting on a normal speedway match part of the skill when making the bet is trying to figure out how many rides a rider might take if a reserve will take 6 or 7 riders who can take the rr etc etc ...Your telling people that when having a bet on a normal speedway you don't look at any of that .....

No idea how he bets on GPs either, you just dont know who is going to be int he final. I mean who would bet on the winner of a race not knowing which 4 riders were going to be in it, madness!!

The biggest laugh of all is that Mick was telling people to back Finnish riders before in head to head betting in the world cup at Kings lynn a could of seasons ago . No doubt if he saw Hans to score over 5 tonight he would not take it as he would be unsure on how many rides he might take :rofl: :rofl:

P'boro v BV tonight could see an away win in my opinion, B365 are offering BV+6 (21/20) and Bet Victor are BV+9 (5/6)

I've gone for the +9 and also a little on an outright away win from scratch

You pays your money...