British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Eurosport

Well done Eurosports I like many have said did enjoy the coverage and no studio is great

Do people think with all the good comments we can get them too cover the E/L.

I for one would be well happy if it was too happen.

• Like 1

Is that not classed as abusing Forum Members??? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Stating a fact as I see it. Everyone is thanking Eurosport for providing us with the World feed, the same pictures sky gave us for years and people slagged off.

Eurosport have no control over what they get other than being able to switch it off when it suits (as Sky used to do). Eurosport can't show any more than Sky could show and vice-versa. I'm all for the commenting on the preference of showing the feed all the way and not going back to the studio but some seem to be claiming the racing is better and the commentary is better (it was the same two people as normal last night!) and even the camera work is better - if Sky were showing the GPs the camera work would be the same!

Well done Eurosports I like many have said did enjoy the coverage and no studio is great

Do people think with all the good comments we can get them too cover the E/L.

I for one would be well happy if it was too happen.

See :blink:

Eurosport are NOT filming the GPs, they're just shwoing the standard coverage. AFAIK, Eurosport don't do any of their own filming, they just take the feeds of others so who do you propose films the EL is Sky don't?

Edited by SCB

Stating a fact as I see it. Everyone is thanking Eurosport for providing us with the World feed, the same pictures sky gave us for years and people slagged off.

Eurosport have no control over what they get other than being able to switch it off when it suits (as Sky used to do). Eurosport can't show any more than Sky could show and vice-versa. I'm all for the commenting on the preference of showing the feed all the way and not going back to the studio but some seem to be claiming the racing is better and the commentary is better (it was the same two people as normal last night!) and even the camera work is better - if Sky were showing the GPs the camera work would be the same!

See :blink:

Eurosport are NOT filming the GPs, they're just shwoing the standard coverage. AFAIK, Eurosport don't do any of their own filming, they just take the feeds of others so who do you propose films the EL is Sky don't?

I know - you are right. I took exception to the wording, that is all. :)

The VoiceOver after the ad breaks sounded like Tony Carter who fronts the live British superbike series for Eurosport. He's always plugging speedway on that show, I found the most annoying thing is the riders saying their names and the one liners, not good. But like others prefer no studio just all the action from the track.

The only other thing is when the race is about to start, the riders faces appear above the gate they are in and say their name. .... Why do Nigel and Kelvin have to do those one liners ...... "Chris Holder" = Needs to find something ..... "Tomasz Gollob" = He's found something ..... "Krzysztof Kasprzak" = Yet to get on the score board ..... "Darcy Ward" = Has a hand injury ..... Aaaaarrrggggggghhhhhhh !!!!

Otherwise pretty good :approve:

We make up own 1 liners, its more fun! But probably not broadcastable! :rofl:

• Like 1

If last nights coverage had been rubbish (and it definitely wasn't) it wouldn't have mattered as the racing was exceptional. Hopefully the organisers will learn from it and prepare the other tracks like that.

Agree one of the best prepared racetracks for years with plenty of different racing lines. Take note Tony Olsson Prepare a good track (not a motorway) and you will get good racing & passing.

Finally it seems the organisers asked the local trackstaff to sort the track. After all they should know best shouldn't they? ;)

SCB I did not say it was better coverage I said I enjoyed the coverage as it was shown live

and I would not have a problem with watching E/L on Eurosport

Love the Eurosport coverage the racing is so much better than it was on sky :rofl:

• Like 1

SCB I did not say it was better coverage I said I enjoyed the coverage as it was shown live

and I would not have a problem with watching E/L on Eurosport

But you can't watch the EL on Eurosport. BSI arrange for the GPs to be filmed, they then sell that recording on to Eurosport (previously Sky). Sky film the EL and show it on Sky. If Sky don't film the EL then there is no EL action for Eurosport to show.

But you can't watch the EL on Eurosport. BSI arrange for the GPs to be filmed, they then sell that recording on to Eurosport (previously Sky). Sky film the EL and show it on Sky. If Sky don't film the EL then there is no EL action for Eurosport to show.

This I know but the point I was making if it was filmed by Eurosport I would not

have a prop watching.As its looking like no Speedway on Sky next year

Much prefer the non studio GP coverage

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Finally it seems the organisers asked the local trackstaff to sort the track. After all they should know best shouldn't they? ;)

Not the case as I understand it... The local trackstaff wanted a slick racetrack. Tony Olsson argued for a grippy track, and got one....

• Like 2

Great coverage and no annoying Ermolenko and his computer, only one problem they missed the semi draws and final one as well, always like this as the riders always seem troubled.

More please, no studio seems better, this was one of the best GPs for years, down to the track and not the filming no matter who filmed it, just glad they did..

Eurosport are showing the same feed that Sky used to show. They're not out there filming it themselves!

Think most comments so far are concerning the commentary side of the show, not the filming and that seem to be much better without regular trips back to the studio and now keep watching what is being filmed with commentary over.

The one liners as riders introduce them selves before each race are the only things I would stop and must admit came up with a few myself or added to theirs. ...... Kasprzak yet to score .... (and won't here too)