British Speedway Forum
michaelcroucher

Speedway On Eurosport

Oh I am sorry, am I repeating myself, again, and again, and again. I thought that was ok and acceptable, because after all the aforementioned does it every other minute on his commentary too.

Two wrongs don't make a right. :) :)

Absolutely brilliant coverage by British Eurosport - hope it can long continue, and expand into league racing as well

Just two small points, though . . .

1. I think I'm right in saying that in all the GPs so far, including Cardiff, they have cut to a break immediately after showing the Heat 20 result, without showing the final cumulative scores to that point - which is perhaps the most important item that they should be showing :cry:

2. Sophie Blake failed to ask any of the riders "how important is it?" ;)

Well done eurosport 1st class coverage and its refreshing to watch the parade and the presentation rather than heuwen and ermolenko talking b******* or heuwen just saying how much he loves gollob. Thanks eurosport your doing a great job.

Got to agree with the posts here, thought the coverage & presentation by Eurosport was superb.

The “new” to Speedway guy (Andy Jaye?) I thought was very good, he certainly was enthusiastic! For a newbie he asked the right questions

Two big surprises, the contribution from Scott Nicholls, he & the “new” guy were a very good, much better to have them tackside so us stay at home fans could at least get a feel of the place.

The big surprise seeing Sophie Blake back on screen – her reappearance has been long overdue.

I wonder who will be doing the commentary on this Pairs meeting on Saturday?

Edited by Blazeaway

Absolutely brilliant coverage by British Eurosport - hope it can long continue, and expand into league racing as well

Just two small points, though . . .

1. I think I'm right in saying that in all the GPs so far, including Cardiff, they have cut to a break immediately after showing the Heat 20 result, without showing the final cumulative scores to that point - which is perhaps the most important item that they should be showing :cry:

That was the case throughout 2012 as well. It could be that their scorechart software/operator is unable to work out the correct order of the top eight if countbacks are required. Also Ales Dryml was shown in 18th place after 3 rides behind Cook and Auty although at that stage neither reserve had taken a ride.

People still hoping that Eurosport broadcast EL speedway next year? ;)

Does everyone still think eurosport are great. Total amateur production when they have their own input into it

• Like 3

Got up and left the coverage after 20 minutes. The only bad thing I can say about Eurosport is that they are covering this tripe and should show more adverts. What is their excuse for starting late - and are they going to apologise for starting at all.

• Like 1

It does show the difference when BSI aren't involved. Looking forward to the European Championship?

It does show the difference when BSI aren't involved. Looking forward to the European Championship?

Real shame this - I nearly gave up when the Speedway didn't start on time. :sad: :sad:

On the plus side - I thought Scott Nichols and his co Commentator did OK. :t:

Overall I think they will improve with practice - I certainly hope so. :neutral: :neutral:

On the plus side - I thought Scott Nichols and his co Commentator did OK. :t:

I take it that is sarcasm, if so you are spot on, they were p!ss poor. Nicholls delivery was akin to how Staechman used to be (very boring) and the other guy simply hadn't a clue

I take it that is sarcasm, if so you are spot on, they were p!ss poor. Nicholls delivery was akin to how Staechman used to be (very boring) and the other guy simply hadn't a clue

No - not sarcasm. I thought they did OK for a couple of fellows who are very new to commentating. They WILL get better - but it is like anything else - you have to learn to walk before you can run.

I'm all for giving them a chance.

• Like 1

What was awful about tonight was the lack of information given out from 6pm while watching GP bikes and then crashes. A few left the pub and went home. Also could they not have shown the first few races on a delay and then caught up with the live coverage.

Does everyone still think eurosport are great. Total amateur production when they have their own input into it

Same on all their productions. Crap.