British Speedway Forum
Halifaxtiger

Bristol Speedway

The racing wasn't rubbish but the track was. The presentation ,programmes,and the way the whole thing was made to feel very special made up for the ropey track ,it was no hyde rd BUT there were some great meetings. Really hope it comes back ,I will be 1 st in the que.

Anybody know what the latest is about bring back speedway to the bristol area, Though somewhere on avonmouth was mentioned but seemed to go quiet

Its the potential track at Avonmouth that they are trying to get planning permission for.

ROB TATUM

Gresham started it,'Flash'finished it at Oxford a few weeks later.Gresham in tears,new bike,2nd corner,2nd lap,new bike bent almost double, AND he finished up being excluded (possibly because he had tried it on Gordon on the first lap) i know Gordon certainly "RAMMED" his point home that night.

Are you sure it was at Oxford? They wre 2nd division then & Kennett was at White City.I may be wrong,sure someone will tell me.

Andy Hewlett has confirmed on Facebook that he has a planning meeting on 11 March with the Council.

• Like 2

ROB TATUM.

Definitely Oxford.It took 4 track racker's to get Gresham's bike back to the pits.Let's hope March11 goes well.It may well be that a lot people do not realize the amount of time/money involved to even get something to the pre-planning stage.Good luck.

Sadly it looks like the council have decided to play silly buggers :-(

I thought that's what Councils did. :shock: :shock: :blink:

I remember going over for the first meeting following the Newport riders, we were on the second bend and some workers were still lay the track and they wasn't rushing to do it, along come Wally Mawdsley and he started talking to them he them put his hand in his pocket pulled out a wad of notes and reeled of a couple of notes gave them to the workers who all of a sudden went into top gear and finished laying the track.